PDA

View Full Version : Attn New Yorkers Free concert - Bettye LaVette NYC Aug. 8

test

imnokid
08-07-2012, 11:02 PM
Bettye LaVette will be performing a show with her Detroit band at Madison Square Park, NYC August 8 @7pm. And it's FREE.

marv2
08-07-2012, 11:31 PM
Now this sounds good, real good! LOL! I love Miss Bettye.

imnokid
08-08-2012, 11:28 AM
Marv, are you going? If so, come by the backstage tent after the show and say Hi.

marv2
08-08-2012, 04:55 PM
I would love to go, but I couldn't take off work today and I am on Long Island. I do love Bettye LaVette, always have. I know she is going to knock them out today!

splanky
08-09-2012, 08:55 AM
This would have been great had folks got more than one day's notice. Some of us have
schedules, chores, work and personal lives to manage, I'm just saying...

imnokid
08-09-2012, 03:25 PM
Splanky, I normally DO give more than a day's notice on her NY, DT, chicago gigs. I sent an email a week or so ago to my other groups, her facebook pages,..to be honest, if there was an amail address to SD, it would have been in my email blasts. I don't always remember to post. Of course, for the small group of fans of hers on here[[and you know who you are and Bettye and I know who you are and appreciate it), you can always subscribe to her itinerary and then you'll never miss her in your area. Go here and click on subscribe to tour dates.http://www.rosebudus.com/lavette/tourdates.html

mark speck
08-11-2012, 01:07 AM
Dammit all to hell, I wish I was in NYC...hopefully, she'll return to Cleveland, and I'll be there, just like I was the last two times.

Best,

Mark