PDA

View Full Version : Marvin Gaye Trouble Man 40th Anniversary?

test

jtf1972
08-07-2012, 03:16 PM
I recall Harry mentioned the possibility of a Trouble Man 40th Anniversary set in an interview he did for the What's Going On 40th set.

Here we are about four months from when it would be 40 years... I haven't seen anything since that interview and am still hopeful we may see this soon! [[then hopefully one day we might see a deluxe edition Dream of a Lifetime with the original demos that ended up as Sanctified Lady, etc.

R. Mark Desjardins
08-08-2012, 10:13 AM
I remember Harry mentioning a possible expanded Trouble Man set as well. I tracked down a DVD copy of the film, and the soundtrack is definitely the best thing about the film. To my ears, some of Marvin Gaye's instrumental beaks featured in the film are different from what was released on vinyl, and later in CD format. What an absolute treat that would be. To me, the Trouble Man recording underscores what an absolute master Marvin was, and the promise he held for expanding his musical gift in the future. Sadly we will never know the new places he could have taken us.

jtf1972
08-08-2012, 01:59 PM
I recorded the entire film & edited down the score to mp3. I enjoy it quite often, even though some of the pieces are only 20 seconds long and contain dialogue.

hwume
08-08-2012, 10:04 PM
Have faith...

jtf1972
08-09-2012, 04:54 PM
Have faith...

Hallelujah!