PDA

View Full Version : Martin-say you're sorry

test

arrr&bee
09-16-2010, 05:15 PM
The martin post made me wonder did martin lawrence ever apologize to tisha campbell-martin for his overly aggressive actions that forced her to leave the series?

nativeNY63
07-05-2019, 03:57 PM
I met his father years ago. He said Martin didn't come see him or support him in any form or fashion. This was in the South bronx. And he looked like an older, battered version of Martin.

arr&bee
07-05-2019, 04:53 PM
Oh?? What kind of a relationship did he have with his dad?

nativeNY63
07-07-2019, 06:21 PM
Mr. Lawrence didn't go into detail. It was so discouraging what he was sharing with us, we had to be on his way. Thinking: If his own son, who is a celebrity, and with a hit show, can't/ won't help his own father what could two broke guys in the Bronx do?

RanRan79
07-07-2019, 08:20 PM
According to Wikipedia Martin rarely saw his father after his parents divorce. Without knowing all the facts, it may have been a case of absent father wanting in after the kid makes good. That's why you have to be careful how you treat people.

As for Martin's apology, I don't know if he ever apologized. He and Tisha are apparently back on good terms, so maybe he did apologize or maybe they both decided to let the past be the past and leave it there. I never did understand the hate Tisha received for making the allegations. All of that mess took place during the same period of time that Martin was making headlines for all the wrong reasons. Who knows what was going on in his head that drove his actions.

Jerry Oz
07-07-2019, 11:46 PM
Part of the recovery process from substance abuse suggests that you make apologies to people who feel that you've wronged them. It doesn't matter whether you think their contention is legitimate; one of the most important things to do before you move on is to forgive yourself and part of that process is learning to forgive others. Things were so bad, they didn't even appear together in the final season of Martin. God bless him for taking the steps to make amends.

nativeNY63
07-08-2019, 08:46 PM
Part of the recovery process from substance abuse suggests that you make apologies to people who feel that you've wronged them. It doesn't matter whether you think their contention is legitimate; one of the most important things to do before you move on is to forgive yourself and part of that process is learning to forgive others. Things were so bad, they didn't even appear together in the final season of Martin. God bless him for taking the steps to make amends.
You both were in my head with your posts, Jerry and Ran Ran. And that whole last season reflected those actions, no doubt. As a viewer, it wasn't the same show. For example, that whole being monk ep, too bizarre. I haven't watched Martin since! And I think his other issues even affected his career post-Martin. Remember the sitcom, "That Girl"? Unwatchable! And he created and produced it!!! He lost the weight, as you all said made amends, and looks and sounds like the Martin we remember from the show.