PDA

View Full Version : High Inergy

test

carlo
08-05-2010, 11:06 AM
AllMusic.com lists "Movin' On" as an album by High Inergy. Is this an error? Did they ever record a song by that same name?

Have any of High Inergy's albums been issued on CD? I can't find any. It would be cool to have a High Inergy Anthology from Hip-O Select. :) I really like "He's A Pretender". It has that Pointer Sisters/Richard Perry sound to it.

whitesoxx
08-05-2010, 11:31 AM
Hey Carlo, High Inergy never released an album by that title, as the review of the album mentions the track "Make Me Yours" I am assuming they mean "Hold On" because that track is on there.

There have been no CD releases for High Inergy, sadly. A couple of songs have surfaced here and there but that's it. I've been pleading with reissue labels like Reel, Hip-O, BBR, Funkytowngrooves and Vinyl Masterpiece to release some High Inergy material on CD, but no luck so far. Maybe if more people ask for it it will happen.

They should at least get a "Best Of" release [[which if anyone is reading this I'd be more than happy to compile ;-) )

I loved "He's A Pretender" on the Motown 25 special! The song is on the Motown Funkology vol. 3 cd by the way if you're looking for it.

captainjames
08-05-2010, 02:11 PM
You Can't tun Me off in the middle of turning me on is on CD as well. I believe it is on my Motown/Hitsville Cd's

jsmith
08-05-2010, 03:52 PM
I'm currently in touch with Kent Washburn who produced many of the group's tracks for Motown [[he also did the Major Lance Motown album).
Kent still works in the record industry [[for a label distributed by WEA). So I put him on WEA's case with regard to him getting copies of their [[WEA UK) compilation CD series releases 'You Better Believe It' that include tracks he produced on the Hypnotics. An RCA track he [[& Michael Lovesmith) produced on Charles Drain has been included on another UK CD release 'The Wants List' Vol.3.
Kent seems interested in getting lots of his old work reissued on CD, so he may assist in pushing labels to put out old High Inergy tracks.
He signed the group's lead singer to a deal with his gospel label after she had quit the group & stopped singing secular music.

luke
08-05-2010, 07:49 PM
Barbara Mitchell? Her sister original lead Vernessa left I thought due to religious issues and yet not long ago she had a #1 dance record.

Kent Washburn
08-05-2010, 11:00 PM
Luke: Check out the cut... you will find that is all about Gospel, just has a dance beat to it.... I say "Spread The Word Any Way You Can"

jsmith
08-06-2010, 02:52 AM
Good to have you on here, Kent.
I'm sure SDF members have numerous questions to ask about your work with High Inergy [[+ Major Lance, Charles Drain, the Hypnotics, Love Set, Otis Williams, etc).

waldo
08-06-2010, 05:59 AM
i think there were 8 Hi Inergy LP's

Turnin' On
Steppin' Out
Shoulda Gone Dancin'
Frenzy
Hold On
Hi Inergy
So Right
Groove Patrol

mike_sku
08-06-2010, 11:08 AM
Groove Patrol was a masterpiece...so many great tracks, including the title cut, Dirty Boyz, and the girls' version of Back in My Arms Again. I definitely agree that High Inergy deserves a nice [[at least 20 cut) best of compilation. I'd buy it in a heartbeat!

theboyfromxtown
08-06-2010, 04:45 PM
I bought that Charles Drain track on RCA ..I liked that one. I am sure I bought an album on the strength of that 45.

tomato tom
08-10-2010, 01:58 PM
I loved this group. I have all their albums.Agree that a best of compilation on CD is way overdue. Wrong Man, Right Touch is one of my all time favs. Paulo

theboyfromxtown
08-10-2010, 08:25 PM
Ooo Paulo. For one so young, you have incredibly good taste. In fact, do you know that it's only me and you that have the good taste to adore that song!

Don't Park Your Loving....another excellent one

GORDY
08-11-2010, 05:29 AM
So right is great, and i wish the other Narada Michael Walden tracks were released

tomato tom
08-11-2010, 03:13 PM
Dont park your loving! Love it| had forgotten about that one. Thanks for the complimernt by the way..Paulo

marv2
08-11-2010, 09:19 PM
"Lovin' Fever " [[1978) was their best record in my opinion.

tomato tom
08-15-2010, 04:53 PM
Wrong Man Right Touch = Boomerang Love.. Same backing track, different lyrics and melody. Took me eons to connect...Paulo XXXX

lady soulfyre
10-13-2010, 10:30 PM
Boomerang Love and Wrong Man Right Touch are 2 of my fave songs from them. I love this group ever since I first listening to their second LP "Steppin' Out" [[which my dad still had it to this day) in the summer of 1994. The other great gems from that album were: Beware, Lovin' Fever, We Are The Future, Didn't Wanna Tell You and the funky rendition of Everytime I See You I Go Wild.

lady soulfyre
10-13-2010, 10:36 PM
i think there were 8 Hi Inergy LP's

Turnin' On
Steppin' Out
Shoulda Gone Dancin'
Frenzy
Hold On
Hi Inergy
So Right
Groove Patrol

Yep, they released 8 albums from 1977 all the way to 1983.

marv2
10-13-2010, 11:14 PM
My favorite by High Inergy and their best in my opinioni was "Lovin' Fever" that was released in the summer of 1978.

cozmic
10-15-2010, 08:41 PM
AllMusic.com lists "Movin' On" as an album by High Inergy. Is this an error? Did they ever record a song by that same name?

Have any of High Inergy's albums been issued on CD? I can't find any. It would be cool to have a High Inergy Anthology from Hip-O Select. :) I really like "He's A Pretender". It has that Pointer Sisters/Richard Perry sound to it.
I think that Allmusic's info is sometimes based on mainly cd-releases by an artist, and lesser on the vinyl releases [[though not always). I recently checked the Allmusic-section of the Motown group Ozone and the discography has Ozone's last album from 1983 only listed as the reissue-cd from 2008, so indirectly this could cause confusion for site-visitors who want to search for Ozone's accurate discography. That's the problem which can occur because in recent years there have been reissued and/or remastered various albums or there have been released compilations with a title from a random album track. For example, there are various EW&F compilations with the title "Let's Groove" ... so you can figure what kind of confusion all those different titles can cause.

marv2
10-20-2010, 12:58 AM
Here is one of my favorites by High Inergy, from the album "Steppin'" - 1978 "Lovin' Fever":
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qYk1zltiJJs

soulster
10-20-2010, 01:45 AM

Once again, allmusic.com gets it wrong. The title of their first album from 1977 is "Turnin' On", not Movin' On". Commodores had an album titled "Movin' On".

I would not trust allmusic.com for much. Even Wikipedia does better than they do.

Kamasu_Jr
10-23-2010, 08:06 PM
Once again, allmusic.com gets it wrong. The title of their first album from 1977 is "Turnin' On", not Movin' On". Commodores had an album titled "Movin' On".

I would not trust allmusic.com for much. Even Wikipedia does better than they do.

Maybe the company that has reissued 2 of the Dynamic Superiors' Motown albums might consider some of High Inergy's LPs?

soulster
10-23-2010, 10:13 PM
I wish someone would get on the stick and reissue the Switch LPs.

jsmith
10-24-2010, 05:37 AM
Kent Wasburn & William Bickelhaupt [[amongst others) did good work on High Inergy's 'Turnin' On' & 'Steppin' Out' albums back in 1977 & 78.

Kamasu_Jr
10-24-2010, 10:02 AM
I wish someone would get on the stick and reissue the Switch LPs.

I think it's just a matter of time. There are labels in Europe licensing masters from ME/Motown that it seems not very interested in like the Dynamic Superiors and some Eighties and late SEVENTIES Motown albums. It's a safe bet Switch will be rediscovered. I think some of their LPs have already been reissued. You should search Amazon.com. Wwe discussed one on the forum last year.
Getting back to High Inergy. I remember some of their albums being spotty or not filled with consistently good material. The group's second album had no hit singles at all. Some kind person on the forum made me a best of High Inergy CD. I've forgotten who it was, but I still thank them.

jsmith
10-24-2010, 10:24 AM
I think High Inergy suffered a little because their Motown stuff was released at the height of 'discos' popularity & so the label was getting them to cut some straight disco cuts to cash in the the then 'current' sound.
I'm sure, if the members had all been say 5 to 10 years older & had therefore been signed to Motown in the late 60's or early 70's, I'm sure we would have gotten different output from them.