PDA

View Full Version : Rare Mary Wilson's - The One I Love [[Push Has Come to Shovin')!

test

marv2
08-05-2012, 12:26 AM
Finally! Someone has upload one of my all time favorite recordings by Mary Wilson! It's one of her demo for Atlantic Records in the 80's entitled...."The One I Love [[Push Has Come to Shovin')". Check it out:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b__7CSPRyIM

Penny
08-05-2012, 10:23 AM
What a nice song. I have never heard this song before. I wonder why Atlantic Records didn't sign Mary? This would have been a nice dance song. Thank you for sharing it.

Penny;)

luke
08-05-2012, 10:27 AM
Never knew of this. Def hit potential--great Mary performance,good song. Im surprised too Atlantic didnt sign her.

marv2
08-05-2012, 11:54 AM
Never knew of this. Def hit potential--great Mary performance,good song. Im surprised too Atlantic didnt sign her.

It definitely had hit potential for the 80's. My guess is that they could not reach agreeable terms.

marv2
08-05-2012, 11:55 PM
This has a Billy Ocean feel to it [[i.e. "Carrribean Queen"). I initially had this song on cassette played it all over Boston and NYC. Years later I was lucky enough to get it on CD. I could imagine Mary performing "The One I Love" on say "Solid Gold" or "Soul Train".