PDA

View Full Version : Diana Ross Will Sign Off On Michael Jackson's Kids New Custody Agreement

test

jobeterob
07-31-2012, 02:09 PM
Diana Ross Will Sign Off On Michael Jackson's Kids New Custody AgreementDiana Ross Will Sign Off On Michael Jackson's Kids New Custody Agreement 1 0

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Posted on Jul 31, 2012 @ 01:49PM print it send it
FameFlynet Inc.By Jen Heger - Radar Assistant Managing Editor

Diana Ross will sign off on a new proposed custody agreement in which Michael Jackson's three children, Prince, Paris, and Blanket will have two guardians, their grandmother Katherine Jackson and TJ Jackson, son of Tito, RadarOnline.com is exclusively reporting.

"Diana has no qualms whatsoever about the new custody agreement, she only wants what is best for the children. Diana knows that the children are old enough to decide who they want to live with and she defers to what they want. While Diana hasn't been a big part of their lives because she lives on the East Coast, she is very fond of them," a source close to the situation tells RadarOnline.com exclusively.

PHOTOS: Michael Jackson’s Kids: Three Years After His Death

Michael Jackson's will stipulated that if his mother was unable to care for the children, Diana Ross was his next choice.

As RadarOnline.com previously reported, last week, Judge Mitchell Beckloff, stripped the Jackson family matriarch of her guardianship of the three children because no one could reach her for over a week. The judge said he made the ruling not because of any wrongdoing on Katherine's behalf, but because she had been prevented from fulfilling her guardianship duties by an "intentional act from third parties." Judge Beckloff told all parties while in court last week, that Diana Ross, and Debbie Rowe, mother of the two oldest children, needed to be provided notice of what was transpiring.

PHOTOS: Michael Jackson's Kids Star In Tribute Concert

The children have been embroiled in a vicious family struggle for more than a week now as Randy, Jermaine and Janet Jackson battle over the late King of Pop's will, which they claim is fake. Michael's nephew TJ has been a constant presence in the children's lives and their attorney stated in court that they had no objections to him being appointed temporary guardian.

On Friday, it was announced that Katherine and TJ Jackson, would be petitioning to become co-guardians of the kids. The paperwork is expected to be submitted this week and the judge will have to sign off the proposed agreement.

soulster
07-31-2012, 04:35 PM
Looks like half of the Jackson siblings didn't get their way, to get custody of the kids and control of the estate like they wanted. They just wanted the money. I have lost respect for Jermaine and Janet bigtime.

REDHOT
07-31-2012, 04:53 PM
I could not believe Janet was a part of this mess,i'm feel really sorry for Miss Katherine Jackson,she's up in age,everyone should make sure she's happy,no matter what,Jermaine,that's another story,i'm trying
to stay positive LOL

jobeterob
07-31-2012, 05:47 PM
Making a claim no TV that your brother's will is a hoax is one thing ~ making an actual claim in Court is another and of course, no Jackson has done that and they probably would not dare do that.

If such a claim were upheld and Michael died without a Will, the heirs of his estate are the children and Katherine would get nothing because children rank before parents.

Probate has already been granted and the will has been upheld.

Now that TJ is joint guardian [[or will be shortly), this means he will be getting money to raise the children from the Estate. When Katherine passes, she will have a will that deals with her estate as she sees fit. It will be interesting to see if she leaves her estate to Jermaine and Randy! Or all her children equally? Or only to the good ones - Marlon, Latoya, Tito? Maybe she'll leave her estate to Joe? Or all her grandchildren?

jillfoster
07-31-2012, 06:29 PM
Making a claim no TV that your brother's will is a hoax is one thing ~ making an actual claim in Court is another and of course, no Jackson has done that and they probably would not dare do that.

If such a claim were upheld and Michael died without a Will, the heirs of his estate are the children and Katherine would get nothing because children rank before parents.

Probate has already been granted and the will has been upheld.

Now that TJ is joint guardian [[or will be shortly), this means he will be getting money to raise the children from the Estate. When Katherine passes, she will have a will that deals with her estate as she sees fit. It will be interesting to see if she leaves her estate to Jermaine and Randy! Or all her children equally? Or only to the good ones - Marlon, Latoya, Tito? Maybe she'll leave her estate to Joe? Or all her grandchildren?

Are you sure about that? I bet Canadian law differs from US law. I don't think EVERYTHING goes to children if there is no will. Especially if they are minors.... however, I'm not well versed on wills and probate, we don't DO wills in our family. But see, I TOLD YOU ALL that Diana didn't want those kids! I don't blame her in the least, I wouldn't want the spoiled ass crumb snatchers, either.

Roberta75
07-31-2012, 07:08 PM
Are you sure about that? I bet Canadian law differs from US law. I don't think EVERYTHING goes to children if there is no will. Especially if they are minors.... however, I'm not well versed on wills and probate, we don't DO wills in our family. But see, I TOLD YOU ALL that Diana didn't want those kids! I don't blame her in the least, I wouldn't want to spoiled ass crumb snatchers, either.

"I wouldn't want to spoiled ass crumb snatchers, either." What a disgusting thing to write about Michael Jackson children. They are kids jillfoster, Kids who lost their dad at a very young age. Michael left them his money so they are not and never will be crumb snatchers.

May God forgive you for your insensitive and tasteless IMO remark.

Roberta

jillfoster
07-31-2012, 07:26 PM
"I wouldn't want to spoiled ass crumb snatchers, either." What a disgusting thing to write about Michael Jackson children. They are kids jillfoster, Kids who lost their dad at a very young age. Michael left them his money so they are not and never will be crumb snatchers.

Roberta

They are kids have little regard for their elders and have obviously been raised with ZERO discipline. I'm with Gladys on this one!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sBlLdAmRz58

marv2
07-31-2012, 07:34 PM
Are you sure about that? I bet Canadian law differs from US law. I don't think EVERYTHING goes to children if there is no will. Especially if they are minors.... however, I'm not well versed on wills and probate, we don't DO wills in our family. But see, I TOLD YOU ALL that Diana didn't want those kids! I don't blame her in the least, I wouldn't want the spoiled ass crumb snatchers, either.

No Jill, I told you first over 2 years ago that she did not want those kids and it was a booby prize to her that Michael did that! LOL! Of course she is not going to have any qualms about someone else getting those kids, hehehehehehehe.....

marv2
07-31-2012, 07:36 PM

Roberta

Yeah and their mothers gave them to Michael for CASH! Don't forget that fact either. They are more than likely very spoiled.

marv2
07-31-2012, 07:38 PM
Gladys Knight knows the deal. Those kids have no place speaking back to Janet Jackson or any of their other older family members like that. They are lucky to be able to sit down that day.

Roberta75
07-31-2012, 08:00 PM
They are kids have little regard for their elders and have obviously been raised with ZERO discipline. I'm with Gladys on this one!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sBlLdAmRz58

So Gladys Knight thinks knocking a kid who sasses you in the mouth and knocking their teeth out? Not classy and not right IMO, plus you'd have Child Protective Services on your door so fast your head would spin. They would notify the police who would and should arrest you. Sadistically beating children is not a solution. Look at the mental damage Joe jackson's beatings caused.

Roberta

marv2
07-31-2012, 08:07 PM
So Gladys Knight thinks knocking a kid who sasses you in the mouth and knocking their teeth out? Not classy and not right IMO, plus you'd have Child Protective Services on your door so fast your head would spin. They would notify the police who would and should arrest you. Sadistically beating children is not a solution. Look at the mental damage Joe jackson's beatings caused.

Roberta

Stick a sock in it and stop exaggerating while you are at it! Most people born in America before roughly 1970 were subject to spankings, whippings from their parents or other older close relatives. Gladys got it right and class has nothing to do with raising a well mannered, disciplined child.

Joe Jacksons children were not mentally damaged, another complete exaggeration. They got what we all got when we got out of line. You got your ass whipped! The Brady Bunch was only on television and that is not how it was in the average American home.

marv2
07-31-2012, 08:10 PM

Roberta

Did you not notice the audience reaction to what Gladys Knight said? Sounded to me like they were in agreement with her.

juicefree20
07-31-2012, 08:12 PM
I believe that anyone who believes that these kids are the problem here is more than a little misguided. And if anyone's been following this from the very beginning before that custody issue broke out & still believes that these kids are what's wrong here, then I believe that a re-read is in order.

I would expect kids to act like kids, but from where I sit, most of the adults have been behaving far worse than the kids & haven't comported themselves with any shred of dignity, much less respect & THESE are the folks whom Michael's kids should respect?

I don't think so.

What's being lost here is a lot of very common sense issues & I don't see how some of you are giving any of these adults a pass on some of their B.S.

Let's make believe that the name of a family is Seymour. Let's say that John Seymour was one of the most popular painters in the world, in fact, he was a combination of Picasso, Van Gogh & Michelangelo all wrapped up in one. Let's say that when he was still living, he was a part of a family of famous painters going back to the day when he was a prodigy with watercolors.

He grew older & became skilled with charcoals & was sheer perfection with an easel & oils. He became far greater than the family painting group that he began with & after awhile, he went on to do the Louvre, Sistine Chapel & everyone wanted him.

Then after his wild success, literally as a solo ARTIST [[pun intended), his brother Keith who has a little art gallery kinda thing happening gets mad, then one day rides the 4 train, writing grafitti against John, because John's no longer content to work with the family, nor with watercolors. You see since they all started out painting together, suddenly John thinks that he's too big to work with them anymore.

Forget the fact that Keith has the tendency to make public statemnets which seem designed to paint John into a corner that he doesn't want any part of, but who cares. Despite his obvious drive, hard work & insistence on making his work as close to perfection as possible, he's still the little brother whom obviously owes ALL of his success to the rest of the family, as opposed to his own smarts, hard work & business acumen.

I could say a whole lot more about this, things which are painfully obvious to anyone who's been following all of this but let me ask just 2 very simple questions about just a minute part of this & tell me what you think...

1. What would happen to you, me or ANYONE whom had guardianship of minors were we to leave them for 8 days, while refusing to call them, nor accepting any call from them? Exactly how & what would any agency or court respond or do to us were we to do something such as that?

2. If any relatives of the children whom we left in the care of another truly wanted to bring the children to see us after becoming aware of their worries via Twitter, etc., why wouldn't they have simply made a phone call to make them aware that they would be bringing them to see us, as opposed to operating like thieves in the night, like they were O.J. Simpson in a Vegas hotel room with shady memorabilia collectors?

Exactly what, if anything is there to respect about any of the behavior exhibited by the adults?

And that's just part of what WE know, which I'm willing to bet is a hell of a lot less than what those 3 kids DO know.

I wouldn't be so quick to drink the old, "those kids are disrespectful & should behave better" kool-aid just yet. Given the KNOWN & very PUBLIC history of the ringleaders here [[omitting Janet), it's not very hard to figure out what all of this is about.

And for those who believe that Michael's children should remain silent about an issue which involves THEIR money, then I really don't know what they're thinking. These kids are showing that they're no dummies, not by far & the way that I see it is that folks who believe that these kids should be silent about what's going on which is CONTRARY to what some of their more respected relatives floated out there BEFORE the kids ever said a word about anything, let me remind you that it was that same attitude about children being seen & not heard that led to a lot of kids being abused, molested or worse.

Usually where there's smoke there's fire & how anyone truly believes that these kids should've remained silent have obviously forgotten what it felt like to lose sight of a parent in a crowded store & the terror that was felt when they thought that they weren't going to see their parent[[s) anymore.

rod_rick
07-31-2012, 08:19 PM
Stick a sock in it and stop exaggerating while you are at it! Most people bo

America before roughly 1970 were subject to spankings, whippings from their parents or other older close relatives. Gladys got it right and class has nothing to do with raising a well mannered, disciplined child.

Joe Jacksons children were not mentally damaged, another complete exaggeration. They got what we all got when we got out of line. You got your ass whipped! The Brady Bunch was only on television and that is not how it was in the average American home.

What did Paris call Janet? I have to agree with Gladys, kids have lost so much respect for their elders. You may not agree with they say [[elders) but you did not sass or back talk them at all. As far as Janet is concerned, something is up for her to get involved, because she's normally quiet. It can't be about her [[Janet) getting money because she has her own and a billionaire fiancee.

jillfoster
07-31-2012, 08:21 PM

Roberta

You might have heard of these things before.. it's called a "figure of speech" , Gladys means the girl would have been strongly disciplined, not LITERALLY having teeth removed. All I saw in that video is Janet tryin to snatch the girls cellphone so she will quit puttin the family's business in the street.

jobeterob
07-31-2012, 08:23 PM
Very well written Juice. And convincing. Time will tell but perhaps Michael did a reasonable job with these children.

juicefree20
07-31-2012, 08:24 PM
Sorry, I love Gladys but having seen this play out from Day One, from the first missive about her displeasure with Paris' movie role, right down to the last missive that Randy sent out the other day, the only thing that anyone's upset about is the fact that when they throw out what they want to be their particular talking point, Paris, Prince or T.J. have Twitter, which puts the lie to what they're saying.

That's what folks are mad about, nothing less & nothing more.

Oops, that & the fact that their names aren't Paris, Prince nor Blanket because after all, it's going to be their money, now isn't it?

And one more thing to contemplate, if your mind is supposed to be on doing a tour, getting a CD out there & maximizing your earning potential, why in the name of all that's holy would you ever get mixed up in anything like this, ESPECIALLY when it's being spear-headed by a brother who IS NOT a part of your tour, therefore not exactly accentuating his potential for positive cashflow?

It's a very scary thing when LaToya turns out to be a voice of reason & given the lunacy of such a statement, is something that all involved should consider.

This is a situation which was handled badly & as I'm sure that Michael indeed told his children what to expect & whom to expect it from, all that any of this did was to confirm to his kids that he was right on. Had folks been smarter, the LAST thing that they should've wanted to do was to alienate Michael's children because they hold the keys to the kingdom. After this, I would say that any potential for future goodwill has been burned worse than a pair of gasoline drawers in hell.

This was simply a very bad move & very sad.

So tell me...who's really worried about the children & aren't they the ones who need protection from adults, rather than the other way around?

LaToya's right...this should've been kept quiet & behind closed doors. Paris didn't start this mess but she sure seems to have the gumption to finish it.

Roberta75
07-31-2012, 08:39 PM
You might have heard of these things before.. it's called a "figure of speech" , Gladys means the girl would have been strongly disciplined, not LITERALLY having teeth removed. All I saw in that video is Janet tryin to snatch the girls cellphone so she will quit puttin the family's business in the street.

I am not a stupid woman jillfoster so I do understand what a "figure of speech" means. If by "strongly disciplined" you mean hitting, slapping or beating, then I couldn't disagree with you more. These are three kids who lost the only parent that they knew. Hitting them won't help.

BTW, your English is a tad sloppy. Tryin and puttin both have the letter "g" on the end.

Roberta

Roberta75
07-31-2012, 08:40 PM
Sorry, I love Gladys but having seen this play out from Day One, from the first missive about her displeasure with Paris' movie role, right down to the last missive that Randy sent out the other day, the only thing that anyone's upset about is the fact that when they throw out what they want to be their particular talking point, Paris, Prince or T.J. have Twitter, which puts the lie to what they're saying.

That's what folks are mad about, nothing less & nothing more.

Oops, that & the fact that theire names aren't Paris, Prince nor Blanket because after all, it's going to be their money, now isn't it?

And one more thing to contemplate, if your mind is supposed to be on doing a tour, getting a CD out there & maximizing your earning potential, why in the name of all that's holy would you ever get mixed up in anything like this, ESPECIALLY when it's being speear-headed by a brother who IS NOT a part of your tour, therefore not exaclty accentuating his potential for positive cashflow?

It's a very scary thing when LaToya turns out to be a voice of reason & given the lunacy of such a statement, is something that all involved should consider.

This is a situation which was handled badly & as I'm sure that Michael indeed told his children what to expect & whom to expect it from, all that any of this did was to confirm to his kids that he was right on. HAd folks been smarter, the LAST thing that they should've wanted to do was to alienate Michael's children because they hold the keys to the kingdom. After this, I would say that any potential for future goodwill has been burned worse than a pair of gasoline drawers in hell.

So tell me...who's really worried about the children & aren't they the ones who need protection from adults, rather than the other way around?

LaToya's right...this should've been kept quiet & behind closed doors. Paris didn't start this mess but she sure seems to have the gumption to finish it.

As usual my sweet Juice you are the voice of reason. Children should always come first and be protected the most.

God bless you dear Juice.

Roberta

juicefree20
07-31-2012, 08:41 PM
Jill,

With all due respect, it wasn't Paris who put the family business in the street. That was done by one of the adults whom folks seem to believe deserves to be respected.

What Paris did was to respond to her uncle that her grandmother DID NOT have a stroke, which was the premise presented so that she would go to Arizona for some much-needed rest.

With that said, anyone whom actually believed that it would be a wonderful idea to whisk the grandmother away without

1. Telling the kids where she was
2. Allowing the kids to speak with her
3. Having her as their guardian speak with the children in order to ease their minds
had to be out of their minds & is evidence that this simply wasn't thought through at all.

For one thing, given the way that things were being tossed out there, who would expect mere children NOT to be emotional? The kids didn't play this crap out via social media, that was the adult who should be respected whom did that.

So first, the kids read on Twitter that their grandmother had a stroke, their grandmother was still with them & I believe that they would've had an idea had that been the case, you know with the doctors & all. Paris responded by saying that that wasn't the case & if her uncle could Tweet that info, then why couldn't Paris respond if that tweet wasn't quite what it purported to be. Or is it that if it was a lie that she was supposed to let it go at that?

Ok, so after reading that their grandmother had a stroke, suddenly, their grandmother disappears with absolutely no contact with the children, much less do they know where she is. Now we're talking about 3 kids, the oldest of whom is 14 & their grandmother is the last TRUE link that they have to their father & we all have read how Michael felt about his mom. So placing yourself in the shoes of those 3 kids, exactly how should they have felt about all of this?

And after reading all of what their relatives whom deserve to be respected continued to throw out there in the twitterverse, exactly how were they supposed to feel & what were they supposed to do about it when they were in the dark about what was going on with their guardian?

Furthermore, if the idea was to wrest control from the lawyers, then why in the hell would any of them have done somethin which would only guarantee that the courts could possibly have to become involved? In many instances, a guardian leaving their charges for any length of time with absolutely no warning could've possibly been the grounds for an abandonment case.

And as for the relatives who bum-rushed their home with the idea of bring the children to see their grandmother, under whose authority were they doing so & why wasn't it cleared with whomever the grandmother left in charge of the children?

Family or not, if you're not a guardian, you just can't do crap like that. And even parents can be arrested & stripped of visitation rights for doing something like that. Need I remind anyone that a mere month ago, the wife of Dwayne Wade was arrested due to failing to bring their kids back to him when she was supposed to have them back at the prescribe time?

Sorry, Michael's kids aren't the problem here.

Roberta75
07-31-2012, 08:41 PM
I believe that anyone who believe that these kids are the problem here is more thn a little misguided. And if anyone's been following this from the very beginning before that custody issue broke out & still believes that these kids are what's wrong here, then I believe that a re-read is in order.

I would expect kids to act like kids, but from where I sit, most of the adults have been behaving far worse than the kids & haven't comported themselves with any shred of dignity, much less respect & THESE are the folks whom Michael's kids should respect?

I don't think so.

What's being lost here is a lot of very common sense issues & I don't see how some of you are giving any of these adults a pass on some of their B.S.

Let's make believe that the name of a family is Seymour. Let's say that John Seymour was one of the most popular painters in the world, in fact, he was a combination of Picasso, Van Gogh & Michelangelo all wrapped up in one. Let's say that when he was still living, he was a part of a family of famous painters going back to the day when he was a prodigy with watercolors.

He grew older & became skilled with charcoals & was sheer perfection with an easel & oils. He became far greater than the family painting group that he began with & after awhile, he went on to do the Louvre, Sistine Chapel & everyone wanted him.

Then after his wild success, literally as a solo ARTIST [[pun intended), his brother Keith who has a little art gallery kinda thing happening gets mad, then one day rides the 4 train, writing grafitti against John, because John's no onger content to work with the family, nor with watercolors. You see since they all started out painting together, suddenly John thinks that he's too big to work with them anymore.

Forget the fact that Keith has the tendency to make public statemnets which seem designed to paint John into a corner that he doesn't want any part of, but who cares. Despite his obvious drive, hard work & insistence on making his work as close to perfection as possible, he's still the little brother whom obviously owes ALL of his success to the rest of the family, as opposed to his own smarts, hard work & business acumen.

I could say a whole lot more about this, things which are painfully obvious to anyone who's been following all of this but let me ask just 2 very simple questions about just a minute part of this & tell me what you think...

1. What would happen to you, me or ANYONE who we have guardianship of were we to leave them for 8 days, while refusing to call them, nor to receive any call from them? Exactly how & what would any agency or court respond to us were we to do something such as that.

2. If any relatives of the children whom we left in the care of another truly wanted to bring the children to see us after becoming aware of their worries via Twitter, etc., why wouldn't they have simply made a phone call to make them aware that they would be bringing them to see us, as opposed to operating like thieves in the night, like they were O.J. Simpson in a Vegas hotel room with shady memorabilia collectors?

Exactly what, if anything is there to respect about any of the behavior exhibited by the adults?

And that's just part of what WE know, which I'm willing to bet is a hell of a lot less than what those 3 kids DO know.

I wouldn't be so quick to drink the old, "those kids are disrespectful & should behave better" kool-aid just yet. Given the KNOWN & very PUBLIC history of the ringleaders here [[omitting Janet), it's not very hard to figure out what all of this is about.

And for those who believe that Michael's children should remain silent about an issue which involves THEIR money, then I really don't know what they're thinking. These kids are showing that they're no dummies, not by far & the way that I see it is that folks who believe that these kids should be silent about what's going on which is CONTRARY to what some of their more respected relatives floated out there BEFORE the kids ever said a word about anything, let me remind you that it was that same attitude about children being seen & not heard that led to a lot of kids being abused, molested or worse.

Usually where there's smoke there's fire & how anyone truly believes that these kids should've remained silent have obviously forgotten what it felt like to lose sight of a parent in a crowded store & the terror that was felt when they thought that they weren't going to see their parent[[s) anymore.

Preach dear Juice. Preach.

Fondly,

Roberta

smark21
07-31-2012, 08:57 PM
If Randy, Jermaine and Janet Jackson want their niece to respect them, then they need to act with some self respect and not tell lies and hatch harebrain schemes to get their hands on their late brother’s estate. Kudos to Paris for standing up for herself and her brothers. By spreading the word, she played a role in stopping Randy, Jermaine and Janet in their tracks.

juicefree20
07-31-2012, 09:11 PM
Rob & Roberta

Thank you.

I saw this the other night & I swore to myself that I wasn't going to have anything to say here. But after I kept reading it seemed to me as thought folks seem to be forgetting how & why this all began & it's only natural for a child to defend it's parent, grandparent or guardian when they know that lies are being spread. It's only made more hurtful when those lies come via a family member.

While I understand where Gladys is coming from & she has always been one of my favorite artists, I believe that she's off-base here & is simply leaning more on that old-school training, than she is what really going on here. What she sees is a child who's speaking back against her elders. But in this case, she doesn't seem to be considering whether there's any merit to the child's actions. I believe that her first mistake was speaking about the microscope that they live under, as well as the dysfunction that most families have & that may well be true.

HOWEVER...in this case, no microscope was chasing them, no shining a light on their dysfunction. In fact, no one was saying very much about them at all. What she overlooked was that in this case, THEY sought out the microscope & THEY put that dysfunction out there on Twitter, the 5:00 news, the 6:00 news, "Inside Edition" & in the National Enquirer. THEY can't blame the media for this one. A few of them SOUGHT the spotlight, the spotlight didn't come looking for them, which makes all of this as sad as it is unfathomable.

And this is not your usual run of the mill situation that children from that era found themselves in. This is a situation where these kids are heirs to MILLIONS, which if invested & handled properly could easily equal a BILLION. And what's being lost or overlooked by Gladys & some who've been weighing in on this is that while power moves are being attempted, this money doesn't belong to the people whom are making these moves, the money belongs to Katherine & the children. And if anything happens to Katherine, then ALL of the money goes to the kids.

So who really stands to lose here?

With that as fact, exactly why should these kids remain silent about people doing things which can affect THEIR MONEY? Why are they supposed to sit in silence while events which could adversely affect them play out?

In a world of Twitter & Facebook?

I remember reading about the days of Jackie Coogan, whose situation was so muddled by family that they enacted the "Jackie Coogan Law", in order to protect minor children from parents. We've read about a host of others from Shirley Temple to Gary Coleman & countless others who've ended up messed up & financially ruined behind things such as what we're been witnessing over the past few weeks.

And no one seems to give pause to consider that Tito totally recanted his statement, Marlon was interviewed on tv & broke down over all of this, Jackie wants no part of it & even LaToya is against it. Which leaves exactly who to be in favor of going about this the way that they have?

That should say it all for everyone.

A couple of weeks ago before all of this broke loose, there was a thread here about Michael & how he may have blocked his brothers & I said that I didn't believe that any of that was necessary because the truth of the matter is that he never had to do any such thing. And to watch this play out is to realize that some folks are their own worst enemy & will always find a way to grab the wrong end of the stick.

Despite what common sense & public opinion would seem to dictate, they will always find a way to self-destruct because of what's in their hearts.

And if there's anyone who watched that reality show & didn't get an understanding of the dynamics involved, as well as how some folks operate & are shocked by any of this or can't understand what's the motivation for all of this, then I don't know how it could be made much more clearer than it already is.

jillfoster
07-31-2012, 10:41 PM
BTW, your English is a tad sloppy. Tryin and puttin both have the letter "g" on the end.

Roberta

I just type how I talk, ozark farm people talk like that, it's just the way it is.

marv2
07-31-2012, 10:52 PM
I just type how I talk, ozark farm people talk like that, it's just the way it is.

I understood what you were sayin'. Maybe Roberta just needs to get out more?

soulster
07-31-2012, 10:53 PM

I'm pretty certain Joe will get nothing from her! As for the spoiled ass crumb snatchers...Ha!

marv2
07-31-2012, 10:56 PM
I'm pretty certain Joe will get nothing from her! As for the spoiled ass crumb snatchers...Ha!

So do you think they should get everything? What about Michael's neices and nephews?

soulster
07-31-2012, 11:01 PM
Stick a sock in it and stop exaggerating while you are at it! Most people born in America before roughly 1970 were subject to spankings, whippings from their parents or other older close relatives. Gladys got it right and class has nothing to do with raising a well mannered, disciplined child.

You are doing a lot of generalizing, Marv. First, from all I understand, what Joe did went wayyyy beyond "whuppins". He literally tortured the kids. he beat them. Also, we agree that before 1980, spankings were much more common, but I knew families more like the Brady Bunch [[without all those kids) back then.

soulster
07-31-2012, 11:19 PM
And one more thing to contemplate, if your mind is supposed to be on doing a tour, getting a CD out there & maximizing your earning potential, why in the name of all that's holy would you ever get mixed up in anything like this, ESPECIALLY when it's being spear-headed by a brother who IS NOT a part of your tour, therefore not exactly accentuating his potential for positive cashflow?

No wonder these guys are hurting: they have no discipline and no work ethic! I am beginning to realize that Joe, and to an extent, Michael were their only real motivators. Janet only works when she's trying to rebel against somethig or someone, and Jermaine seems to only work when he has to.

This is a situation which was handled badly & as I'm sure that Michael indeed told his children what to expect & whom to expect it from, all that any of this did was to confirm to his kids that he was right on. Had folks been smarter, the LAST thing that they should've wanted to do was to alienate Michael's children because they hold the keys to the kingdom. After this, I would say that any potential for future goodwill has been burned worse than a pair of gasoline drawers in hell.

This was someone's bad idea that never should have been followed. I just wonder who's idea it was.

LaToya's wrong! Could you imagine what would have happened if this mess had remained hush-hush?

juicefree20
07-31-2012, 11:33 PM
Soulster,

I don't mean that she's right in the sense that the dirt should've been able to be done in secret. She didn't seem to be directing her words to the children. From what I read as she seems to be aligned with T.J., the children, Marlon, Tito & Jackie, she seems to be directing her words to the other side because all of this exploded because a couple of them couldn't stay away from issuing statement which ended up on the news, in the papers & certainly escalated all of this to a whole 'nother level entirely.

And as they don't have custody, nor control of the children, it's not as though they could muffle them, nor stop them from offering their thoughts in response to all of this.

I still believe that this was a major mistake & in about 4 years or so, a few folks are really going to be sorry that they willingly chose to walk down this particular path.

This was a mistake...a MAJOR mistake.

jobeterob
08-01-2012, 02:04 AM
A public airing of family business is always an embarrassment; it makes most everyone involved look bad.

Study after study shows that all physical violence and emotional abuse do is cause those it is inflicted on to use it against others; the best thing to do if you are involved in that is to educate and get professional assistance.

What this line up seems to show is that some of the Jacksons are short of money and made an attempt to get some through the back door ~ and it didn't work. I, too, think they will be sorry. The children have turned against them and the children will end up with most of the money.

The n'er do wells need to pray Katherine ends up with something and gives them a cut which they can use to live on.

jobeterob
08-01-2012, 02:14 AM
Interesting. She says pretty much exactly what Juicefree said. It is a private matter that should stay private.

LOS ANGELES – Diana Ross says the recent turmoil involving Michael Jackson's children and the appointment of a temporary guardian is a private matter and shouldn't be playing out publicly.

The singer writes in a statement to The Associated Press that "all interests are best served if it remains private."

Ross was named in Jackson's 2002 will as a potential guardian for his three children if his mother was not available to serve. A judge suspended Katherine Jackson as the children's guardian last week after a 10-day absence and instructed the temporary guardian, TJ Jackson, to notify Ross of the changes.

Court filings on Friday indicated that Ross' attorney had been given notice.

The 68-year-old singer and Jackson were longtime friends before his death in 2009.

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/entertainment/2012/07/31/diana-ross-urges-privacy-for-michael-jackson-children/#ixzz22GwlVhZu

REDHOT
08-01-2012, 05:14 AM
Gladys is old school on this,no one can hit a child today,and i'm happy about that,yes we got hit,or whipping,it was wrong back in the day,and it's wrong today,there's other ways to discipline children without touching them,yes i got whipping back in the day,and i never like it,[[never)if we did what to kids,what was done to us,back in the day,we'd be in jail,why?because it's wrong,just my opinion,
please stay positive

juicefree20
08-01-2012, 05:57 AM
A few other thoughts occur to me...

For those whom have gone on tv or in print saying how "disrespectful" & "spoiled" these kids are, I'd like for them to answer this...

Exactly at what point did the main protagonists involved announce to the media their concern for the childrens welfare? At what point did they ever profess to be acting on behalf of the chldren, much less express one iota of concern for them?

I saw a lot of things thrown against the wall, a lot of accusations which related to money, but not so much as even one statement or concern uttered about the welfare of the children to whom the money will eventually belong. I saw statements which seem to have been leaked which portrayed these children damn near as Satan's spawns. It was said that these kids were so horrible that they had to save their grandmother from them & exactly where did that account come from & who threw it out there?

Basically I saw what amounts to nothing more than character assassination of a 14 year-old...A 14 YEAR-OLD & it would seem to me that that is something which no loving adult would do to any child they profess to have love for.

Why was that the case & what's wrong with that picture?

Why would any young adult or even a pet rock be so foolish as to trust or respect those whom have shown exactly ZERO concern about their feelings & their plight during all of this? Unfortunately too many people, very often we adults seem to believe that respect is a one-way affair which should always be slanted in our direction. If thinking people truly believe that this is behavior which merits respect merely because the folks doing this crap happen to be adults, then that pretty much explains why things are as screwed up as they are these days.

It's disappointing to think that adults would place more responsibility upon children than they would upon the adults whose questionable [[at best) behavior that antagonized them to begin with.

"Houston...we have a problem"? Nah! Thinking like this indicates that our country is in deep trouble, deeper than we'd ever care to admit.

juicefree20
08-01-2012, 06:50 AM
From the "Don't Blame The Messenger" files...

http://www.radaronline.com/exclusives/2012/07/katherine-jackson-furious-randy-jackson-executors-michael-jackson-estate

soulster
08-01-2012, 07:36 AM
Interesting. She says pretty much exactly what Juicefree said. It is a private matter that should stay private.

Kinda late for that now.

Juice, right on!

smark21
08-01-2012, 07:37 AM
You are doing a lot of generalizing, Marv. First, from all I understand, what Joe did went wayyyy beyond "whuppins". He literally tortured the kids. he beat them. Also, we agree that before 1980, spankings were much more common, but I knew families more like the Brady Bunch [[without all those kids) back then.

And most of his kids keep it a great distance from him and Michael ended up hating him. In the end Joe hurt himself the most with the beatings he dished out.

jobeterob
08-01-2012, 11:22 AM
Diana Ross ‘Has No Intention of Taking’ Michael Jackson’s Kids
Aug 1, 2012 4:45 AM EDT

Lost in the Jackson headlines is the reported stipulation in Michael’s will that Diana Ross get custody of his children if his mother were incapacitated. But a source tells Allison Samuels the singer doesn’t ‘want to get involved.’

As the sordid details of the Jackson family’s drama spills out in interviews and court documents in Los Angeles, one famous face once close to Michael Jackson has attempted to stay out of the fray. Although it has hardly been mentioned among the salacious details of Katherine Jackson’s mysterious disappearance just a week ago, her son’s will, released after his death in 2009, reportedly stipulated that his former mentor and icon Diana Ross should have custody of his children if his mother were not alive or able to care for them.

Friends of Ross say the singer, who befriended a young Michael Jackson some 40 years ago, was surprised by the contents of his will and never considered taking responsibility for Prince Michael, Paris, and Blanket after Jackson’s sudden death. While Ross is quite fond of Jackson’s children, the friends added, she feels strongly that they belong with his immediate family.

“Diana has no intention of taking those kids,” said a source close to Ross. “She has her own life on the East Coast and wouldn’t want to uproot them to come live there. That wouldn’t be fair to anyone, particularly those kids.”

Ross is said to be in agreement with the decision to appoint T.J. Jackson and Katherine Jackson as co-guardians of the three children. The elder Jackson and her grandson petitioned the court for shared custody after Katherine Jackson was stripped of her guardianship last week by a family court judge at the request of Michael Jackson’s estate. The matriarch was apparently out of touch with her grandchildren for more than a week, and the reasons surrounding her absence continue to baffle many inside and outside the Jackson family. Ross is said to be aware of recent events but not directly involved.

“Miss Ross believes this is a private matter involving minor children, and that everyone’s best interest is served if it remains private,” said Ross’s lawyer John Frankenheimer.

Ross was just as protective of the children’s father, whom she met at Motown Records when he was just 9 years old. The two immediately became good friends despite the age difference and developed a lifelong bond, say friends and family. As a young boy, Jackson idolized the Supremes lead singer, and some have suggested the King of Pop’s many plastic surgeries were an attempt to look more like Ross, who starred in the films Mahogany and Lady Sings the Blues, among others.

Jackson made his solo singing debut in 1971, on Ross’s television special, and made several other appearances on her annual shows. In his autobiography, Moonwalk, Jackson called Ross his “mother, love and sister all rolled up in one.” And in her book Call Me Ms. Ross, the Oscar-nominated actress recounted finding Jackson in her dressing room one day putting on her makeup.

“She always knew about the problems he had with his family and felt he left the kids to her to avoid leaving them with his siblings.”

Larry Busacca / Getty Images; Samir Hussein, WireImage / Getty Images

“Diana did love him in a motherly way,” said a friend of the singer. “He lived with her when he first moved to L.A. as a kid, and she tried to look out for him in every way she could. But there was no romantic relationship, no matter what Michael said or thought. He just loved her glamour.”

Ross has not spoken publicly about Jackson’s death except for a statement she made shortly afterward, saying she was heartbroken.

“At the time of his death they weren’t particularly close, so she was surprised by the will on some level,” said the source close to Ross. “But she always knew about the problems he had with his family and felt he left the kids to her to avoid leaving them with his siblings. She knows the entire family, which is one big reason she didn’t want to get involved with this custody issue. That’s a headache she doesn’t need.”

As a result of an alleged altercation at the Jackson family home last week in California, Jackson siblings Janet, Randy, Jermaine, and Rebbie reportedly have been barred by Michael Jackson’s estate from the home where their mother lives with his three children. The estate requested the siblings be barred for the safety of the children. Video released last week showed a verbal argument among several family members as well as footage of Janet Jackson attempting to the take a cell phone from Paris Jackson.

Like The Daily Beast on Facebook and follow us on Twitter for updates all day long.

Allison Samuels is a senior writer at Newsweek. Her work has also appeared in Rolling Stone, O, Essence, and Vibe. She’s also the author of Christmas Soul, published by Disney/Jump at the Sun, and Off the Record [[Harper Collins/Amistad).

For inquiries, please contact The Daily Beast at editorial@thedailybeast.com.

marv2
08-01-2012, 12:02 PM
Diana Ross ‘Has No Intention of Taking’ Michael Jackson’s Kids
Aug 1, 2012 4:45 AM EDT

Lost in the Jackson headlines is the reported stipulation in Michael’s will that Diana Ross get custody of his children if his mother were incapacitated. But a source tells Allison Samuels the singer doesn’t ‘want to get involved.’

As the sordid details of the Jackson family’s drama spills out in interviews and court documents in Los Angeles, one famous face once close to Michael Jackson has attempted to stay out of the fray. Although it has hardly been mentioned among the salacious details of Katherine Jackson’s mysterious disappearance just a week ago, her son’s will, released after his death in 2009, reportedly stipulated that his former mentor and icon Diana Ross should have custody of his children if his mother were not alive or able to care for them.

Friends of Ross say the singer, who befriended a young Michael Jackson some 40 years ago, was surprised by the contents of his will and never considered taking responsibility for Prince Michael, Paris, and Blanket after Jackson’s sudden death. While Ross is quite fond of Jackson’s children, the friends added, she feels strongly that they belong with his immediate family.

“Diana has no intention of taking those kids,” said a source close to Ross. “She has her own life on the East Coast and wouldn’t want to uproot them to come live there. That wouldn’t be fair to anyone, particularly those kids.”

Ross is said to be in agreement with the decision to appoint T.J. Jackson and Katherine Jackson as co-guardians of the three children. The elder Jackson and her grandson petitioned the court for shared custody after Katherine Jackson was stripped of her guardianship last week by a family court judge at the request of Michael Jackson’s estate. The matriarch was apparently out of touch with her grandchildren for more than a week, and the reasons surrounding her absence continue to baffle many inside and outside the Jackson family. Ross is said to be aware of recent events but not directly involved.

“Miss Ross believes this is a private matter involving minor children, and that everyone’s best interest is served if it remains private,” said Ross’s lawyer John Frankenheimer.

Ross was just as protective of the children’s father, whom she met at Motown Records when he was just 9 years old. The two immediately became good friends despite the age difference and developed a lifelong bond, say friends and family. As a young boy, Jackson idolized the Supremes lead singer, and some have suggested the King of Pop’s many plastic surgeries were an attempt to look more like Ross, who starred in the films Mahogany and Lady Sings the Blues, among others.

Jackson made his solo singing debut in 1971, on Ross’s television special, and made several other appearances on her annual shows. In his autobiography, Moonwalk, Jackson called Ross his “mother, love and sister all rolled up in one.” And in her book Call Me Ms. Ross, the Oscar-nominated actress recounted finding Jackson in her dressing room one day putting on her makeup.

“She always knew about the problems he had with his family and felt he left the kids to her to avoid leaving them with his siblings.”

Larry Busacca / Getty Images; Samir Hussein, WireImage / Getty Images

“Diana did love him in a motherly way,” said a friend of the singer. “He lived with her when he first moved to L.A. as a kid, and she tried to look out for him in every way she could. But there was no romantic relationship, no matter what Michael said or thought. He just loved her glamour.”

Ross has not spoken publicly about Jackson’s death except for a statement she made shortly afterward, saying she was heartbroken.

“At the time of his death they weren’t particularly close, so she was surprised by the will on some level,” said the source close to Ross. “But she always knew about the problems he had with his family and felt he left the kids to her to avoid leaving them with his siblings. She knows the entire family, which is one big reason she didn’t want to get involved with this custody issue. That’s a headache she doesn’t need.”

As a result of an alleged altercation at the Jackson family home last week in California, Jackson siblings Janet, Randy, Jermaine, and Rebbie reportedly have been barred by Michael Jackson’s estate from the home where their mother lives with his three children. The estate requested the siblings be barred for the safety of the children. Video released last week showed a verbal argument among several family members as well as footage of Janet Jackson attempting to the take a cell phone from Paris Jackson.

Like The Daily Beast on Facebook and follow us on Twitter for updates all day long.

Allison Samuels is a senior writer at Newsweek. Her work has also appeared in Rolling Stone, O, Essence, and Vibe. She’s also the author of Christmas Soul, published by Disney/Jump at the Sun, and Off the Record [[Harper Collins/Amistad).

For inquiries, please contact The Daily Beast at editorial@thedailybeast.com.

I told you this nearly 3 years ago, but NOOOOOOOO........ hehehehehehehe!

Roberta75
08-01-2012, 12:13 PM
Gladys is old school on this,no one can hit a child today,and i'm happy about that,yes we got hit,or whipping,it was wrong back in the day,and it's wrong today,there's other ways to discipline children without touching them,yes i got whipping back in the day,and i never like it,[[never)if we did what to kids,what was done to us,back in the day,we'd be in jail,why?because it's wrong,just my opinion,
please stay positive

I got whipped by my aunt and my papa and I was slapped by the nuns at school and it didn't endear me to any of them. I agree with you redhot. whipping kids is just wrong and thank the good Lord that Child Protective Services no it's wrong.

Fondly,

Roberta

REDHOT
08-01-2012, 01:38 PM
Thank you Roberta,It's Wrong,Wrong Wrong.
Please stay positive

Roberta75
08-01-2012, 01:52 PM
Thank you Roberta,It's Wrong,Wrong Wrong.
Please stay positive

I agree, agree, agree redhot and yes, I will say positive. It's the best way to live.

Bless you.

Roberta

Kamasu_Jr
08-01-2012, 01:54 PM
The whole thing was just sordid and embarrassing. The Jacksons are so dysfunctional. We love you mother, but we will stick a knife in your behind for that money.

marv2
08-01-2012, 02:15 PM
The whole thing was just sordid and embarrassing. The Jacksons are so dysfunctional. We love you mother, but we will stick a knife in your behind for that money.

You are going to see just what the Jacksons are capable of ! They are going to make the Borgias look like the Brady Bunch. They are going to get that money! LOL!

REDHOT
08-01-2012, 02:28 PM
Bless you also Roberta,it is Embarrassing Kamasu_Jr,they can't blame Mr.Joe Jackson for this.
Please stay positive

jobeterob
08-01-2012, 02:50 PM
There are lots of good people in the world and on this Forum.

Violence and threats and abuse are never good.

Although Michael Jackson was an addict, I'm seeing in all of this that he was a smart man; he learned from Berry and Diana. He appears to have tried to protect his children and he appears to have known that he had a significant crew of pirahna's for siblings. With his Will, he shut them out effectively.

With the steps taken by TJ, Katherine, Diana and the estate, the final nails are going into the coffin in terms of the siblings ever being able to get at anything. And as Roberta spells out above, the children will not put the final nails in the end of the relationship with their bad aunts and uncles.

marv2
08-01-2012, 04:22 PM

Although Michael Jackson was an addict, I'm seeing in all of this that he was a smart man; he learned from Berry and Diana. He appears to have tried to protect his children and he appears to have known that he had a significant crew of pirahna's for siblings. With his Will, he shut them out effectively.

With the steps taken by TJ, Katherine, Diana and the estate, the final nails are going into the coffin in terms of the siblings ever being able to get at anything. And as Roberta spells out above, the children will not put the final nails in the end of the relationship with their bad aunts and uncles.

You consistently refer to Michadl Jackson as an addict, like that was a central part of his character. Yet, you continually dog his brothers and sisters as being nothing more than money hungry leeches. However, from what we know, none of them are addicts. It was Michael who estranged himself and his children from his family. It was they that were with him everyday in court when he was defending himself against molestation charges. It was Janet and some of the others that tried to stage an intervention when Michael was going through his problem with the drugs, but he shut them out. Diana Ross was never there, so I think his family deserves more respect than they get from the unknowing. They loved Michael.

jobeterob
08-01-2012, 05:12 PM
You consistently refer to Michadl Jackson as an addict, like that was a central part of his character. Yet, you continually dog his brothers and sisters as being nothing more than money hungry leeches. However, from what we know, none of them are addicts. It was Michael who estranged himself and his children from his family. It was they that were with him everyday in court when he was defending himself against molestation charges. It was Janet and some of the others that tried to stage an intervention when Michael was going through his problem with the drugs, but he shut them out. Diana Ross what never there, so I think his family deserves more respect than they get from the unknowing. They loved Michael.

And your point is?

So, Michael didn't love them back and now his children don't love them back either. They probably weren't convinced the love was real ~ something like they loved his money, instead of him; whereas with Diana, he knew it was real and she could be trusted.

I suspect this is something like "what goes around comes around", doncha think?

milven
08-01-2012, 05:15 PM
.....Diana Ross what never there, so I think his family deserves more respect than they get from the unknowing. They loved Michael.

They also needed his money. They would lose out if he went to jail. And they lose out again when their mother dies. Her portion reverts to the estate. I agree with you that Diana probably doesn't want the responsibility of taking care of three strangers. I do wonder if Michael ever asked Diana if she would accept this responsibility, or if he just put it in the will without her consent and she found out about it when we did.

As for Janet, she has her own money and probably feels that her siblings will go to her after Katherine dies unless they can get control of the money.

Roberta75
08-01-2012, 05:22 PM
And their greed continues. Randy Jackson has since posted on Twitter that he believes the estate is trying to isolate his mother to the detriment of her health. "It is my fear and belief, that they are trying to take my mother's life,"

I guess they really want to get their hands on Michael's money. The courts will never give them one dime. That money is for Michael's kids.

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/michael-jacksons-siblings-resume-attack-151219642.html

jillfoster
08-01-2012, 05:24 PM
And their greed continues. Randy Jackson has since posted on Twitter that he believes the estate is trying to isolate his mother to the detriment of her health. "It is my fear and belief, that they are trying to take my mother's life,"

I guess they really want to get their hands on Michael's money. The courts will never give them one dime. That money is for Michael's kids.

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/michael-jacksons-siblings-resume-attack-151219642.html

And the white jewish lawyers that are handling his estate aren't after his money?

Roberta75
08-01-2012, 05:33 PM
And the white jewish lawyers that are handling his estate aren't after his money?

Have you no shame jillfoster? Your posting reeks of anti-Semitism.

You fail to comprehend that Michael left his entire estate to his kids and his mom. When his mom passes her portion of the estate goes to Paris, Prince and Blanket Jackson. The court will respect and honor his wishes.

Roberta

marv2
08-01-2012, 05:41 PM
And your point is?

So, Michael didn't love them back and now his children don't love them back either. They probably weren't convinced the love was real ~ something like they loved his money, instead of him; whereas with Diana, he knew it was real and she could be trusted.

I suspect this is something like "what goes around comes around", doncha think?

My point is, you don't know half of the stuff you are talking about! If you knew who influence Michael to do some of the things he did many, many years ago that led to this big mess you'd probably faint. I believe Michael loved his family, but others did a lot to distance himself from them. In the end he didn't even look like any of them. He looked like someone else ....as if he wanted to be some one other than Michael Joseph Jackson. This atalk about Michael's family loved his money instead of him is bullshit. They loved him before he had any money; way back when they all lived in the little white house in Gary, IN. Whereas with Diana, he knew it was real? There's nothing real there [[and don't make me go there......). This has nothing to do with "what goes around comes around" aka KARMA. Michael simply messed up by estranging himself and those kids from his family. He messed up if he ever thought Diane would ever take his kids and raise them. He messed up when wrote his will the way that he did.

marv2
08-01-2012, 05:50 PM
They also needed his money. They would lose out if he went to jail. And they lose out again when their mother dies. Her portion reverts to the estate. I agree with you that Diana probably doesn't want the responsibility of taking care of three strangers. I do wonder if Michael ever asked Diana if she would accept this responsibility, or if he just put it in the will without her consent and she found out about it when we did.

As for Janet, she has her own money and probably feels that her siblings will go to her after Katherine dies unless they can get control of the money.

She didn't know anything about what Michael put in his Will. I have heard that once she did find out about it, she hit the roof! cursed and even cried some.

But back to the money. I think it was wrong for Michael not to have left any of his brothers and sisters anything. I especially feel it was wrong that he did not leave his father even $100.

marv2
08-01-2012, 05:55 PM

That part about the lawyers trying to kill Mrs. Jackson made it to the front page of the NY Daily News earlier this week. I am sure the lawyers are not managing the estate for free.

marv2
08-01-2012, 05:57 PM
Have you no shame jillfoster? Your posting reeks of anti-Semitism.

You fail to comprehend that Michael left his entire estate to his kids and his mom. When his mom passes her portion of the estate goes to Paris, Prince and Blanket Jackson. The court will respect and honor his wishes.

Roberta

That is not going to happen......WATCH!

Kamasu_Jr
08-01-2012, 05:58 PM
The best thing Diana Ross can do is to stay out of this Jackson family mess. She has her own business/family to deal with.

milven
08-01-2012, 06:01 PM
She didn't know anything about what Michael put in his Will. I have heard that once she did find out about it, she hit the roof! cursed and even cried some.

It's the same reaction I would have if someone gave me that responsibility without my permission. Hell, a family member asked me if she could put in her will that I would take care of her pet if she died. I thought about it and then said yes. But she asked. In Michael's zest to protect his children from his money grubbing leechers, he made a wrong choice in picking Diana who is a stranger to the children

marv2
08-01-2012, 06:11 PM
It's the same reaction I would have if someone gave me that responsibility without my permission. Hell, a family member asked me if she could put in her will that I would take care of her pet if she died. I thought about it and then said yes. But she asked. In Michael's zest to protect his children from his money grubbing leechers, he made a wrong choice in picking Diana who is a stranger to the children

Exactly! Also around the time of Michael's Will, Diana Ross was having some pretty major issues herself culminating in her arrest later that year for extreme DUI. It is my understanding that at the time of Michael's Will being written, he and Ross were not even in communication. He should have made a stipulation that the custody of the children would revert back to their natural mothers. He should have just set up a trust fund for each of them and included his immediate family members in his Will.

Michael and Diane had a real strange relationship; mostly built on fantasy on Michael's part. LOL!!!!

jobeterob
08-01-2012, 06:21 PM
The lawyers handling the estate were chosen by Mr. Jackson to be his executors; he did not choose his parents, siblings or Diana Ross. He chose lawyers with expertise and they are making a handsome fee for their work ~ maybe $1000 an hour or more each.

But the estates debts are being paid and the estate is making significant money; the Cirque du Soleil is the biggest concert draw of the year.

Roberta & Milven: when Katherine dies, does her portion go to her estate or to Michael's estate? I wasn't clear.

I do wonder why Janet got involved in something so unseemly and tawdry? It makes you think her royalties have dried up and she has spent her money.

Diana probably referred Michael to the appropriate lawyers; or Berry did. And Diana will be signing off on custody going to TJ and Katherine and eventually to TJ only. The estate is secure for the children, as Mr. Jackson wanted.

marv2
08-01-2012, 06:24 PM
The lawyers handling the estate were chosen by Mr. Jackson to be his executors; he did not choose his parents, siblings or Diana Ross. He chose lawyers with expertise and they are making a handsome fee for their work ~ maybe $1000 an hour or more each.

But the estates debts are being paid and the estate is making significant money; the Cirque du Soleil is the biggest concert draw of the year.

Roberta & Milven: when Katherine dies, does her portion go to her estate or to Michael's estate? I wasn't clear.

I do wonder why Janet got involved in something so unseemly and tawdry? It makes you think her royalties have dried up and she has spent her money.

Diana probably referred Michael to the appropriate lawyers; or Berry did. And Diana will be signing off on custody going to TJ and Katherine and eventually to TJ only. The estate is secure for the children, as Mr. Jackson wanted.

Thank you for refering to Michael as Mr. Jackson and not as an addict!

Roberta75
08-01-2012, 06:48 PM

This current drama is sadly all about money. Michael's siblings know that once Katherine Jackson dies all the money that Michael left his mom goes into trusts for his kids.

Jermaine, Janet, Rebbie, and Randy will never get a dime. This was MJ's wish and it was written into his will.

One can only pray for his greedy siblings souls and ask the good Lord to forgive them. The following is from the good book of Timothy.

"For the love of money is the root of all evil, which while some coveted after, they have erred from the faith, and pierced themselves through with many sorrows."

Yours, with every good wish.

Roberta

jillfoster
08-01-2012, 06:58 PM

Haha!! Yes, I also would have had that reaction. Obviously Michael was delusional and very much like a spiteful child himself, not leaving his siblings ANYTHING after they helped him get where he was. There's more than enough money to go around at this point, but when people go on and on about these lawyers and how they are the ones that Michael CHOSE... well, he surgically changed himself from a black man to a white woman, spent so much money that he left his children with debt that is now almost piad up by the grace of God.... and he found some quack to give him anesthesia as a sleep aid that killed him... so I think it's safe to assume that Michael had ZERO judgement and was not of "sound mind" when making that will. That's how I would see it if I were a judge. If I were a judge, I would strike down the will, and distribute the estate as follows:

each of the 8 Jackson siblings - 2% of all present and future money
Katherine Jackson - 24% of all present and future money
Children- 60% of all present and future money divided three ways
Joseph Jackson- 50,000$ per year stipend for life that will come from Katherine's portion.

jobeterob
08-01-2012, 08:27 PM
The trouble with that rationale Jill is that each jurisdiction has legislation fixing where the money goes when there is no will.

California's is like everyone elses. If Michael had no spouse, his heirs are his children; they get it all. Katherine would get nothing. Joe would get nothing; siblings get nothing.

What I do agree with is that if Michael had died with $500 million, why not give $1 million to each sibling; you still have $454 million left.

The trouble is that Michael died with nothing and he disliked his father and many of his siblings. He had nothing to give, so he likely did not apply his mind to it other than he disliked them. But how many of us have wills leaving money to siblings over wives, husbands and children? Not many I bet.

Luckily, the executors, lawyers [[white Jewish or otherwise, referred by Berry and Diana) have turned that estate around, made it a fortune, paid a lot of the debt and kept the kids and Katherine in the chips, while making the siblings terribly jealous.

smark21
08-01-2012, 09:01 PM

Michael Jackson had a lot of other intelligent and accomplished friends in his life that he learned from besides Berry Gordy and Diana Ross.

smark21
08-01-2012, 09:03 PM

Oh so JillFoster Smothers is anti Jewish as well?

jobeterob
08-01-2012, 10:44 PM
Katherine Jackson files plea
August 2 2012 at 04:07am

Comment on this story

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

London - Katherine and Tito Joe ‘TJ’ Jackson will file their plea for co-guardianship of Michael Jackson’s children on Thursday.

Michael’s mother and nephew are planning to share custody of Prince Michael, 15, Paris, 14 and 10-year-old Blanket after Katherine was stripped of her rights with temporary control given to TJ, and they plan to begin court proceedings tomorrow.

According to RadarOnline, Katherine’s lawyer Perry Sanders said in a statement: “Before 10 this morning [[Wednesday), Charles Shultz [[TJ Jackson's lawyer) will give notice to interested persons that we intend to file a pleading tomorrow regarding co-guardianship.

“The pleading will speak for itself and be consistent with my prior statement issued on this subject.

“Tomorrow we will learn the court's pleasure on when and how [the judge] chooses to handle the request being made tomorrow. No further statements will be made regarding this pleading until subsequent to us learning how the Court wishes to proceed.”

The new agreement has been approved by Diana Ross, who was named a back-up guardian in Michael’s will.

A source said: “Diana has no qualms whatsoever about the new custody agreement, she only wants what is best for the children. Diana knows that the children are old enough to decide who they want to live with and she defers to what they want. While Diana hasn't been a big part of their lives because she lives on the East Coast, she is very fond of them.” - Bang Showbiz

marv2
08-01-2012, 11:04 PM
Oh they [[the brothers and sisters and possibly even father Joe) are going to get something out of this deal. If the Estate is making so much money off of the Cirque du Soleil and it's use of Michael Jackson's music, they had better not be using any of his recorded material with the Jackson Five. Also, after Michaels death, his entire catalogue saw an upshoot in sales, which would include all those old J-5/Jacksons songs! The brothers are entitled to benefit from that income as well.

They are going to get something out of the deal.......

marv2
08-01-2012, 11:06 PM
Don't go starting trouble. Show me where Jill Foster said anything anti-Jewish, anti-Black or otherwise......

marv2
08-01-2012, 11:11 PM
Haha!! Yes, I also would have had that reaction. Obviously Michael was delusional and very much like a spiteful child himself, not leaving his siblings ANYTHING after they helped him get where he was. There's more than enough money to go around at this point, but when people go on and on about these lawyers and how they are the ones that Michael CHOSE... well, he surgically changed himself from a black man to a white woman, spent so much money that he left his children with debt that is now almost piad up by the grace of God.... and he found some quack to give him anesthesia as a sleep aid that killed him... so I think it's safe to assume that Michael had ZERO judgement and was not of "sound mind" when making that will. That's how I would see it if I were a judge. If I were a judge, I would strike down the will, and distribute the estate as follows:

each of the 8 Jackson siblings - 2% of all present and future money
Katherine Jackson - 24% of all present and future money
Children- 60% of all present and future money divided three ways
Joseph Jackson- 50,000$ per year stipend for life that will come from Katherine's portion.

Well he did name his kid....."Blanket" LOL!

The 9 siblings should get no less than 5% each

Joe Jackson should get a minimum of $80,000 a year. He did invest a lot of years and effort into making Michael
[[and his brothers) stars. He should at least get something for all that.

jillfoster
08-01-2012, 11:42 PM
Oh so JillFoster Smothers is anti Jewish as well?

Oh, Mrs. Castel... your'e such a hoot.

smark21
08-02-2012, 08:07 AM
Well you seemed outraged by what the executors of the Michael Jackson estate are doing and you call them out by race and religion. However you don’t do the same for the lawyers for the siblings? Why don’t you call them African American Christian, or White Muslim lawyers, or whatever their race and religion may be? Instead, you focus on the race and faith of the side you don’t like. And I suspect you’re not being complementary and trying to stir up a bit of hate and resentment by bringing this up. If you were truly unbiased, you could have left well enough alone by just saying “lawyer”. You didn’t need to go there, but you did and bigotry should be called out. The term Jewish lawyer is fraught with stereotype and has been used to stir up prejudice and bigotry.
Here’s a link to a glossary of the Anti Defamation League. Note the definition of stereotype which is what you just engaged in.

http://www.adl.org/education/curriculum_connections/palatucci/Glossary%20of%20Terms.pdf

If you want to be perceived as non biased, then going forward please refer to the race and faith of the lawyers for all sides in this dispute, or don’t refer to it at all.

jobeterob
08-02-2012, 11:22 AM
Rational, unemotional explanation. Fair.

Most of SD is emotional or written to catch attention.

It can be funny but it also causes the forum to lose respect and members.

Anyone who knows anything about the law knows there is next to no way a Jackson sibling is going to squeeze money out of the estate; it burns their asses and it would burn mine too if I were them because it's turning out that there is a lot of money at the end of this rainbow.

marybrewster
08-02-2012, 11:40 AM
Jermaine calls for an end to Jackson family feud

"After much soul-searching, it is clearly time for us to live by Michael's words about love not war," wrote Jermaine, in a statement.

Jermaine also withdrew his support for a leaked letter which calls on executors of the estate to resign.

Last week saw his mother, Katherine, lose guardianship of Michael's children amid reports she was missing.

Michael's siblings, Jermaine, Randy and Janet, are understood to have driven to the Jackson home and insisted they leave with Michael's three children.

Police were called following a "minor scuffle".

"Mistakes have been made and irrational things have been said on both sides in a highly charged emotional environment," Jermaine Jackson wrote in his statement.

"It is time for us all to draw a line in the sand and move towards peace, co-operation, love and healing."

'Mutual suspicions'

Katherine Jackson was on a 10-day spa trip to Arizona, when speculation arose about her whereabouts and her health.

Prince Michael, 15, Paris, 14, and 10-year-old Prince Michael II [[also called Blanket) have lived with the singer's mother since his death in 2009.

Lawyers for the estate this week confirmed a number of unnamed relatives have been barred from visiting the Jackson family home.

Writing in his statement about the confrontation at the Jackson family home on 23 July, Jermaine said "it was clear that mutual suspicions had allowed events to spiral out of control".

"I regret that events were ever allowed to reach such a stage," he wrote. "I regret any distress caused to Prince, Paris and Blanket. That was never, ever the intention of myself, Janet, Rebbie or Randy."

Katherine Jackson was temporarily replaced as guardian while away on a trip to Arizona Last week a US judge transferred temporary guardianship to the late singer's nephew TJ, son of Tito Jackson.

On Thursday, Ms Jackson's lawyer is returning to court to present an agreement to restore his client as guardian.

The new agreement would also call for TJ Jackson to remain a co-guardian, with control over the staff and day-to-day operations of the family home.

Perry Sanders Jr., Katherine Jackson's lawyer, has said the arrangement will allow his client to focus on the children's upbringing and not on financial or logistics issues.

The co-guardianship arrangement would also allow either Katherine Jackson, 82, or TJ Jackson, 34, to serve as sole guardian if the other were no longer able to serve.

Michael Jackson's will left nothing to his siblings when he died aged 50 of an overdose of the anaesthetic propofol in June 2009.

'Overwhelmed'

Janet, Randy, Jermaine and Rebbie are all understood to have signed a letter, which was leaked to the press, alleging the will was a fake and calling on executors of the estate to resign.

The letter states the family was too overwhelmed at the time of the singer's death to meaningfully challenge the will that gave only Katherine Jackson and Michael's three children a stake in the estate.

The estate has denied the accusations, saying they are "saddened" by "false and defamatory accusations".

Any legal challenge to the will should have been filed within four months of the will's acceptance in November 2009.

Roberta75
08-02-2012, 12:49 PM
Jermaine calls for an end to Jackson family feud

"After much soul-searching, it is clearly time for us to live by Michael's words about love not war," wrote Jermaine, in a statement.

Jermaine also withdrew his support for a leaked letter which calls on executors of the estate to resign.

Last week saw his mother, Katherine, lose guardianship of Michael's children amid reports she was missing.

Michael's siblings, Jermaine, Randy and Janet, are understood to have driven to the Jackson home and insisted they leave with Michael's three children.

Police were called following a "minor scuffle".

"Mistakes have been made and irrational things have been said on both sides in a highly charged emotional environment," Jermaine Jackson wrote in his statement.

"It is time for us all to draw a line in the sand and move towards peace, co-operation, love and healing."

'Mutual suspicions'

Katherine Jackson was on a 10-day spa trip to Arizona, when speculation arose about her whereabouts and her health.

Prince Michael, 15, Paris, 14, and 10-year-old Prince Michael II [[also called Blanket) have lived with the singer's mother since his death in 2009.

Lawyers for the estate this week confirmed a number of unnamed relatives have been barred from visiting the Jackson family home.

Writing in his statement about the confrontation at the Jackson family home on 23 July, Jermaine said "it was clear that mutual suspicions had allowed events to spiral out of control".

"I regret that events were ever allowed to reach such a stage," he wrote. "I regret any distress caused to Prince, Paris and Blanket. That was never, ever the intention of myself, Janet, Rebbie or Randy."

Katherine Jackson was temporarily replaced as guardian while away on a trip to Arizona Last week a US judge transferred temporary guardianship to the late singer's nephew TJ, son of Tito Jackson.

On Thursday, Ms Jackson's lawyer is returning to court to present an agreement to restore his client as guardian.

The new agreement would also call for TJ Jackson to remain a co-guardian, with control over the staff and day-to-day operations of the family home.

Perry Sanders Jr., Katherine Jackson's lawyer, has said the arrangement will allow his client to focus on the children's upbringing and not on financial or logistics issues.

The co-guardianship arrangement would also allow either Katherine Jackson, 82, or TJ Jackson, 34, to serve as sole guardian if the other were no longer able to serve.

Michael Jackson's will left nothing to his siblings when he died aged 50 of an overdose of the anaesthetic propofol in June 2009.

'Overwhelmed'

Janet, Randy, Jermaine and Rebbie are all understood to have signed a letter, which was leaked to the press, alleging the will was a fake and calling on executors of the estate to resign.

The letter states the family was too overwhelmed at the time of the singer's death to meaningfully challenge the will that gave only Katherine Jackson and Michael's three children a stake in the estate.

The estate has denied the accusations, saying they are "saddened" by "false and defamatory accusations".

Any legal challenge to the will should have been filed within four months of the will's acceptance in November 2009.

Perhaps Jermaine and Randy can now focus on paying of the large amount of child support they owe the woman they both fathered children with.

IMO this was all about getting money from the MJ estate.

Roberta

jobeterob
08-02-2012, 01:35 PM
Jermaine Jackson backtracks on letter challenging Michael Jackson’s will, hopes to end feud among King of Pop’s family members
After weeks of a very ugly civil war over Michael Jackson's estate and access to Katherine Jackson, the Jackson Five member is putting forward an 'olive branch'
Comments [[12)

By Nancy Dillon / NEW YORK DAILY NEWS
Wednesday, August 1, 2012, 5:58 PM
Jermaine Jackson is disavowing his signature on a letter challenging the legality of his late brother Michael Jackson's will.

Jermaine Jackson is waving his glittering white flag.

Michael Jackson's older brother - a key player in last week's bizarre Jackson family feud - has disavowed his signature on a letter challenging the King of Pop's estate executors.

"After much soul-searching, it is clearly time for us to live by Michael's words about love not war," he said in an "olive branch" posted to his Twitter account Wednesday.

"I rescind my signature from the letter which was sent to the Estate, and which should never have gone public," he said.

RELATED: JANET DID NOT SLAP PARIS AFTER ALL

Jermaine, 57, said he still holds "deep reservations" about many issues involving his late brother's lucrative estate but will only pursue them in "private dialogue, not public conflict" going forward.

He said his primary concern remains his mother.

AFP/Getty Images
From l. to r., Prince Michael "Blanket" Jackson, Paris Jackson and Prince Jackson
"No one on the outside has a clue about the stresses and pressures she has been under long before recent events and I, like everyone in the family, adore the ground she walks on," he tweeted.

"We are also still raw from the loss of Michael three years ago. The ever-present grief has haunted me with questions about whether we stepped off him too much or whether we did enough to help when a corporate world surrounded him. So when it comes to the well-being of loved ones, and especially our mother, we are perhaps understandably and unapologetically over-protective," he said.

Jermaine along with siblings Randy, Janet and Rebbie whisked beloved matriarch Katherine Jackson away to a secluded Arizona spa last month and subsequently released a letter accusing Michael's executors of fraud.

Fredric J. Brown/Getty Images
Katherine Jackson's lawyer says she will file paperwork Thursday to get joint custody of the kids.
The letter also claimed Katherine had been mistreated and suffered a mini -stroke.

Michael's three kids - Prince, 15, Paris, 14, and Blanket, 10 - didn't hear from their grandmother for days and worried she'd effectively been kidnapped, legal documents revealed.

Paris fired off furious accusations on Twitter, vowing revenge, and a judge suspended Katherine's guardianship of the kids last Wednesday.

Katherine's lawyer Perry Sanders said his 82-year-old client laughed at the stroke claim when she returned to California late last week and planned to file court paperwork Thursday asking for joint guardianship along with her grandson TJ Jackson, the 34-year-old son of Tito Jackson.

Jermaine didn't mention the stroke claim in his statement Wednesday but said Sanders confirmed Katherine suffered high blood pressure.

"Rest was the sole reason she went to Arizona. Prince even carried her bags down the stairs and urged her to rest-up, because we all come from the same caring place," he wrote in the Twitter statement. "When she was away, and with the children in the responsible care of Tito's son TJ, there was never a malicious attempt to 'block' the kids from talking with her."

He said her phone communication was limited because they worried unidentified third parties might add to her stress. He claimed he went to the kids' Calabasas, Calif., home a week ago Monday to discuss arrangements for them to visit Katherine.

"We were denied that access by security -- and it was clear that mutual suspicions had allowed events to spiral out of control," he said. "I regret that events were ever allowed to reach such a stage. I regret any distress caused to Prince, Paris and Blanket. That was never, ever the intention of myself, Janet, Rebbie or Randy."

He called for privacy in the future.

"Mistakes have been made and irrational things have been said on both sides in a highly charged emotional environment," he said. "It is time for us all to draw a line in the sand and move towards peace, co-operation, love and healing. I truly hope that we can find it in our hearts to do so."

ndillon@nydailynews.com

Read more: http://www.nydailynews.com/entertainment/gossip/jermaine-jackson-backtracks-letter-challenging-michael-jackson-hopes-feud-king-pop-family-members-article-1.1126899#ixzz22PYskjJ2

simplysupreme
08-02-2012, 06:12 PM
Diana Ross meets with Michael's kids and Katherine -

http://www.radaronline.com/exclusives/2012/08/diana-ross-meeting-michael-jackson-children-paris-prince-blanket

jobeterob
08-02-2012, 06:30 PM
[QUOTE=simplysupreme;118988]Diana Ross meets with Michael's kids and Katherine -

Thanks SS.

Diana Ross Had 'Thoughtful & Pleasant Meeting' With Michael Jackson's ChildrenDiana Ross Had 'Thoughtful & Pleasant Meeting' With Michael Jackson's Children 38 64

Posted on Aug 02, 2012 @ 08:00AM print it send it
WENNBy Jen Heger - Radar Assistant Managing Editor

Diana Ross, named as alternate guardian in Michael Jackson's will to his three children, met with Prince, Paris, Blanket, and Katherine Jackson Wednesday at their mansion in Calabasas, Calif. and had a very "thoughtful and pleasant meeting" with them, RadarOnline.com is exclusively reporting.

"Ms. Ross met with Katherine, and the children yesterday. It was a very thoughtful and pleasant meeting. Ms. Ross had no issues with signing off on the proposed new custody agreement," Katherine Jackson's lawyer, Perry Sanders, told RadarOnline.com exclusively.

As we previously reported, Katherine was reinstated as temporary co-guardian of Michael's three children during a brief court hearing on Thursday morning.

Ross "wanted to meet with the children in person, as well as Katherine Jackson, to be sure that this was really the best thing for everyone involved. If Diana needed to step in, she would. Diana just believes that the children are better off with their grandmother and cousin, TJ Jackson, at this point. Diana made sure that all of the children, especially Paris, had her personal cell phone number, so that they could reach her anytime," an insider told us.

PHOTOS: Michael Jackson Through The Years

"Diana has no qualms whatsoever about the new custody agreement; she only wants what is best for the children. Diana knows that the children are old enough to decide who they want to live with and she defers to what they want. While Diana hasn't been a big part of their lives because she lives on the East Coast, she is very fond of them," a source close to the situation previously told us.

Judge Mitchell Beckloff is expected to formally sign off on the custody agreement on Wednesday, August 22, which will permanently give co-guardianship of the kids to Katherine and TJ Jackson.

jobeterob
08-02-2012, 06:39 PM
Diana Ross Visits Jackson Kids As Jermaine Jackson Calls For Truce
Airdate : 8/2/2012
It has just been revealed that Diana Ross had a secret meeting with Michael Jackson's three kids.

The singer, who was named back-up guardian in Michael Jackson's will in the event that Katherine Jackson becomes incapacitated, spent 90 minutes with Prince, Paris, and Blanket on Wednesday.

Today, a Los Angeles County judge reinstated Katherine Jackson as guardian of Michael's children, but officially added their cousin, TJ as co-guardian.

Perry Sanders, Katherine Jackson's attorney said, "Mrs. Jackson is a phenominal guardian of these children. The children are unbelievably well-adjusted."

The court hearing comes as Jermaine Jackson waved the white flag, hoping to end the Jackson family civil war.

In a lengthy statement posted on Twitter, Michael's older brother said:

"After much soul-searching, it is clearly time for us to live by Michael's words about love not war."

He said he was "rescinding" his signature from a letter calling Michael's will fraudulent. That will left everything to the three kids and Katherine and nothing to Michael's siblings.

"I regret any distress caused to Prince, Paris and Blanket. That was never, ever the intention," tweeted Jermaine.

simplysupreme
08-02-2012, 07:28 PM
Why Janet Jackson became embroiled in family feud involving Michael's kids

http://www.nypost.com/p/news/national/ms_jackson_gets_nasty_YpJuLxk0dXzKY7uAzZr1uK

jobeterob
08-03-2012, 02:53 AM
One Jackson family member tells The Post the answer is simple: It’s all about money. She’s got some; Michael’s estate has more — Billboard recently estimated its net worth at $1 billion — and her siblings have none. She lives in fear of supporting them.

“Janet’s last three tours have failed to sell tickets, and she’s cut each of them short,” the sibling says. “She hasn’t had a hit record in more than a decade, and she no longer has a recording contract.”

David J
08-03-2012, 11:40 AM
Diana met up with Katherine Jackson and the 3 Ps yesterday.

Thu Aug 2, 2012 5:14 pm [[PDT) .

http://www.radaronline.com/exclusive...prince-blanket [[http://www.radaronline.com/exclusives/2012/08/diana-ross-meeting-michael-jackson-children-paris-prince-blanket)

By Jen Heger - Radar Assistant Managing Editor

Diana Ross, named as alternate guardian in Michael Jackson's will to his three children, met with Prince, Paris, Blanket, and Katherine Jackson Wednesday at their mansion in Calabasas, Calif. and had a very "thoughtful and pleasant meeting" with them, RadarOnline.com is exclusively reporting.

"Ms. Ross met with Katherine, and the children yesterday. It was a very thoughtful and pleasant meeting. Ms. Ross had no issues with signing off on the proposed new custody agreement," Katherine Jackson's lawyer, Perry Sanders, told RadarOnline.com exclusively.

As we previously reported, Katherine was reinstated as temporary co-guardian of Michael's three children during a brief court hearing on Thursday morning.

Ross "wanted to meet with the children in person, as well as Katherine Jackson, to be sure that this was really the best thing for everyone involved. If Diana needed to step in, she would. Diana just believes that the children are better off with their grandmother and cousin, TJ Jackson, at this point. Diana made sure that all of the children, especially Paris, had her personal cell phone number, so that they could reach her anytime," an insider told us.

PHOTOS: Michael Jackson Through The Years

"Diana has no qualms whatsoever about the new custody agreement; she only wants what is best for the children. Diana knows that the children are old enough to decide who they want to live with and she defers to what they want. While Diana hasn't been a big part of their lives because she lives on the East Coast, she is very fond of them," a source close to the situation previously told us.

Judge Mitchell Beckloff is expected to formally sign off on the custody agreement on Wednesday, August 22, which will permanently give co-guardianship of the kids to Katherine and TJ Jackson.

David J
08-03-2012, 11:41 AM
Diana Ross Visits Jackson Kids As Jermaine Jackson Calls For Truce
Airdate : 8/2/2012

It has just been revealed that Diana Ross had a secret meeting with Michael Jackson's three kids.

The singer, who was named back-up guardian in Michael Jackson's will in the event that Katherine Jackson becomes incapacitated, spent 90 minutes with Prince, Paris, and Blanket on Wednesday.

Today, a Los Angeles County judge reinstated Katherine Jackson as guardian of Michael's children, but officially added their cousin, TJ as co-guardian.

Perry Sanders, Katherine Jackson's attorney said, "Mrs. Jackson is a phenominal guardian of these children. The children are unbelievably well-adjusted."

The court hearing comes as Jermaine Jackson waved the white flag, hoping to end the Jackson family civil war.

In a lengthy statement posted on Twitter, Michael's older brother said:

"After much soul-searching, it is clearly time for us to live by Michael's words about love not war."

He said he was "rescinding" his signature from a letter calling Michael's will fraudulent. That will left everything to the three kids and Katherine and nothing to Michael's siblings.

"I regret any distress caused to Prince, Paris and Blanket. That was never, ever the intention," tweeted Jermaine.

David J
08-03-2012, 11:42 AM
Of course people/ fans will talk, the fact of the matter is that they haven't got a clue how Diana feels about Mike's 3 kids, they are just speculations and rumours.

Personally, I think Diana cares very much for those kids and she's got their best interest at heart, as Diana herself said, they are now at the age were they know exactly what they want and to be honest with you, as dramatic and as over the top as the Jacksons are, the kids are best left with family and people they are most comfortable and familiar with.

I am so happy that Diana got to spend time with the kids and had a chat with them and I hope that the 3 Ps does come to realise just how important this woman [[Diana Ross) was in their late father's life.

marv2
08-03-2012, 12:08 PM
90 mins! Don't even try it!

jillfoster
08-03-2012, 12:20 PM
Of course people/ fans will talk, the fact of the matter is that they haven't got a clue how Diana feels about Mike's 3 kids, they are just speculations and rumours.

Personally, I think Diana cares very much for those kids and she's got their best interest at heart, as Diana herself said, they are now at the age were they know exactly what they want and to be honest with you, as dramatic and as over the top as the Jacksons are, the kids are best left with family and people they are most comfortable and familiar with.

I am so happy that Diana got to spend time with the kids and had a chat with them and I hope that the 3 Ps does come to realise just how important this woman [[Diana Ross) was in their late father's life.

She was much more important to him than he was to her. To be brutally honest, if he wasn't a co-worker, and then became famous... he would have almost been considered her stalker. Make no mistake, when Michael died, Diana had NO clue that he had given her alternate custody of those kids. It's all a fantasy in his mind, and she hit the ceiling and cursed like a sailor when she found out, and I wouldn't blame her one damn bit. Michael has always done irresponsible crap like that. He always had it stuck in his craw that he had no childhood... I say it's the opposite, he's always been a child, and never grew up. In stead of doing what is responsible and right, his entire life has been an endless parade of self gratification and punitive action against people he feels didn't treat him like the queen of England.

Roberta75
08-03-2012, 12:35 PM
She was much more important to him than he was to her. To be brutally honest, if he wasn't a co-worker, and then became famous... he would have almost been considered her stalker. Make no mistake, when Michael died, Diana had NO clue that he had given her alternate custody of those kids. It's all a fantasy in his mind, and she hit the ceiling and cursed like a sailor when she found out, and I wouldn't blame her one damn bit. Michael has always done irresponsible crap like that. He always had it stuck in his craw that he had no childhood... I say it's the opposite, he's always been a child, and never grew up. In stead of doing what is responsible and right, his entire life has been an endless parade of self gratification and punitive action against people he feels didn't treat him like the queen of England.

How do you know Diane Ross cussed like a sailor and hit the ceiling when she found out she was named alternate Guardian of Michael's kids? Were you with Diane when she received this news?

What you write is either pure speculation or wishful thinking on your part.

Roberta

marv2
08-03-2012, 01:14 PM

That sums up things pretty well! He wanted Diane. He wanted Diane to have his children........fantasy!

marv2
08-03-2012, 01:15 PM
How do you know Diane Ross cussed like a sailor and hit the ceiling when she found out she was named alternate Guardian of Michael's kids? Were you with Diane when she received this news?

What you write is either pure speculation or wishful thinking on your part.

Roberta

That is exactly what happened. You need to be quiet.

jobeterob
08-03-2012, 01:59 PM
Marv, it's time you got over the fact that Miss Ross had the hits, the movies, the Awards, the Stardom and Mary didn't. It taints what could be meaningful posts from you.

C'mon now ~ Mary got over it; you can too. You heard her say she cant sing like Diana or Jean. And she's asked you not to be bitter. And any other fans like you.

So, don't worry; be happy. And practice: as they say Call her "Miss Ross"; one word at a time. Miss....................Ross.

jillfoster
08-03-2012, 02:04 PM
Rob, what's wrong with you? Nobody was talkin about Mary! Can we please discuss the Jackson family in the Jackson family thread?

Glenpwood
08-03-2012, 02:51 PM
90 mins! Don't even try it!

Not that I want to wade into this mess since this trash fire seems to be looking for fuel BUT ... Yes it was 90 mins. I verified that in a direct call to Perry Sanders this morning. [[He's my first cousin). Diana was warm and gracious with everyone throughout. Eye contact was made by all. I know that disappoints many people who prefer to think of her in what they imagine Miss Ross mode to be. The Jackson family needs to work out its issues behind closed doors not on Twitter or in the press. Everyone is asking for privacy so give them that. The speculation being made is a form of fan fiction, not the true reality of the situation.

Respectfully,
Glen

jillfoster
08-03-2012, 04:30 PM
Not that I want to wade into this mess since this trash fire seems to be looking for fuel BUT ... Yes it was 90 mins. I verified that in a direct call to Perry Sanders this morning. [[He's my first cousin). Diana was warm and gracious with everyone throughout. Eye contact was made by all. I know that disappoints many people who prefer to think of her in what they imagine Miss Ross mode to be. The Jackson family needs to work out its issues behind closed doors not on Twitter or in the press. Everyone is asking for privacy so give them that. The speculation being made is a form of fan fiction, not the true reality of the situation.

Respectfully,
Glen

Nice to know that your "cousin" respects attorney client priveledge and divulges detail of a legal meeting to you so you can spread it far and wide. And I never expected Diana to not be cordial, nor do I expect her to hate those kids... they can't help it if their father was a nutjob and wanted to give custody of his children to his musical idol instead of his family. I said she hit the ceiling at the time of Michael's death when she found out about the custody deal. Being blindsided by such a revalation, Diana's reaction is natural and human. And eye contact? I don't think any of us would imagine Diana would meet with the children and look at the ceiling or stare into the chandeliers. But 90 minutes also says it all. It says that she spent some time explaining at length to the children what went down, and that they'd be better with their own family. She has 5 kids... I think she probably did that well. But she's obviously not as CLOSE to these children as some people seem to think, otherwise, she wouldn't have flown 2,000 miles and stayed 90 minutes.

Roberta75
08-03-2012, 04:32 PM

Respectfully,
Glen

Thanks Glen for posting the truth.

Roberta

Roberta75
08-03-2012, 04:34 PM
Nice to know that your "cousin" respects attorney client priveledge and divulges detail of a legal meeting to you so you can spread it far and wide. And I never expected Diana to not be cordial, nor do I expect her to hate those kids... they can't help it if their father was a nutjob and wanted to give custody of his children to his musical idol instead of his family. I said she hit the ceiling at the time of Michael's death when she found out about the custody deal. Being blindsided by such a revalation, Diana's reaction is natural and human.

Again I must ask how you know Diane Ross cussed like a sailor and hit the ceiling when she found out she was named alternate Guardian of Michael's kids? Were you with Diane when she received this news?

What you write is either pure speculation or fabrication because you simply don't know.

Roberta

jillfoster
08-03-2012, 04:49 PM
Again I must ask how you know Diane Ross cussed like a sailor and hit the ceiling when she found out she was named alternate Guardian of Michael's kids? Were you with Diane when she received this news?

What you write is either pure speculation or fabrication because you simply don't know.

Roberta

Miss Ross does have employees, ya know. And it's the natural reaction of anyone who gets a bomb dropped on them like that. How would you react? This is all about you not being able to conceieve of Diana uttering a curse word, you probably imagine her to be some stepford person, or like the queen of England. She's human for God's sake... do you think she's too classy to utter the word "shit"?

jillfoster
08-03-2012, 05:19 PM

I see it with Jermaine, especially as an issue of him feeling like Michael used them to get where he was... then he walked off and left them to fend for themsleves. To be honest, I find it extremely hard to have one shred of respect for anyone who has more money than most people would see in 10 lifetimes, and STILL could not manage to live within those means. And I'm sure his family feels the same way... Michael WASTED probably 100 times more money than his siblings ever asked him for. I'd be pissed, too

Roberta75
08-03-2012, 05:25 PM
Miss Ross does have employees, ya know. And it's the natural reaction of anyone who gets a bomb dropped on them like that. How would you react? This is all about you not being able to conceieve of Diana uttering a curse word, you probably imagine her to be some stepford person, or like the queen of England. She's human for God's sake... do you think she's too classy to utter the word "shit"?

I'm sure Diane Ross is very capable of uttering expletives. That wasn't the point I was trying to make jillfoster. I was questioning you throwing out information like you were an eyewitness when Diane was told she was named alternate Guardian of Michael's kids. Were you in the room at the time? Did you personally witness Diane Ross cussing like a sailor when she found out. IMO you are guilty of fabricating or speculating, either one along with your anti-semitic remark about Michael's lawyers is simply shameful.

"All forms of racism, prejudice, and discrimination are affronts to the work of Christ on the cross."

You may want to remember that next time you feel the need to call out someone's race and or religion.

Roberta

Roberta75
08-03-2012, 05:27 PM
I see it with Jermaine, especially as an issue of him feeling like Michael used them to get where he was... then he walked off and left them to fend for themsleves. To be honest, I find it extremely hard to have one shred of respect for anyone who has more money than most people would see in 10 lifetimes, and STILL could not manage to live within those means. And I'm sure his family feels the same way... Michael WASTED probably 100 times more money than his siblings ever asked him for. I'd be pissed, too

But it was Michael's money to waste. He earned that money. This is America jillfoster and as Americans we have the right to hoard or squander money.

Fondly,

Roberta

jillfoster
08-03-2012, 05:42 PM
But it was Michael's money to waste. He earned that money. This is America jillfoster and as Americans we have the right to hoard or squander money.

Fondly,

Roberta

And just because you HAVE the right, doesn't MAKE it right. Your'e sounding like a tea partier there.

jillfoster
08-03-2012, 05:43 PM
I'm sure Diane Ross is very capable of uttering expletives. That wasn't the point I was trying to make jillfoster. I was questioning you throwing out information like you were an eyewitness when Diane was told she was named alternate Guardian of Michael's kids. Were you in the room at the time? Did you personally witness Diane Ross cussing like a sailor when she found out. IMO you are guilty of fabricating or speculating, either one along with your anti-semitic remark about Michael's lawyers is simply shameful.

"All forms of racism, prejudice, and discrimination are affronts to the work of Christ on the cross."

You may want to remember that next time you feel the need to call out someone's race and or religion.

Roberta

Then I hope in the future you will not make a comment about any person unless you were eye witness to it yourself.

marv2
08-03-2012, 05:57 PM
One Jackson family member tells The Post the answer is simple: It’s all about money. She’s got some; Michael’s estate has more — Billboard recently estimated its net worth at $1 billion — and her siblings have none. She lives in fear of supporting them.

“Janet’s last three tours have failed to sell tickets, and she’s cut each of them short,” the sibling says. “She hasn’t had a hit record in more than a decade, and she no longer has a recording contract.”

Boy! Janet is beginning to sound as bad off as Diana Ross with the exception that it's been like 3 decades since Ross had a hit record........

Roberta75
08-03-2012, 06:07 PM
Then I hope in the future you will not make a comment about any person unless you were eye witness to it yourself.

And I hope in the future you leave all and any anti-semitism out of your postings jillfoster. There's enough hate in the world without you bringing into this music forum.

As the good book of Proverbs rightly states:

"Better is a dinner of herbs where love is, than a fattened ox where hatred is."

With good wishes.

Roberta

marv2
08-03-2012, 06:09 PM
Marv, it's time you got over the fact that Miss Ross had the hits, the movies, the Awards, the Stardom and Mary didn't. It taints what could be meaningful posts from you.

C'mon now ~ Mary got over it; you can too. You heard her say she cant sing like Diana or Jean. And she's asked you not to be bitter. And any other fans like you.

So, don't worry; be happy. And practice: as they say Call her "Miss Ross"; one word at a time. Miss....................Ross.

Huh? Are you losing it or just been drinking?

marv2
08-03-2012, 06:12 PM
Rob, what's wrong with you? Nobody was talkin about Mary! Can we please discuss the Jackson family in the Jackson family thread?

He's either been drinking or smoking, no doubt.

Roberta75
08-03-2012, 06:13 PM
And just because you HAVE the right, doesn't MAKE it right. Your'e sounding like a tea partier there.

I have no affiliation with the Tea Party jillfoster. I was just stating that Michael Jackson earned that money to do so whatever he wished. You seem upset or jealous of people who honestly earn a lot of money.

"Love is patient and kind. Love does not envy or boast. Love is not arrogant or rude. It does not insist on its own way. It is not irritable or resentful. Jealousy, fits of anger and envy will not inherit the kingdom of God."

Roberta

marv2
08-03-2012, 06:18 PM
Nice to know that your "cousin" respects attorney client priveledge and divulges detail of a legal meeting to you so you can spread it far and wide. And I never expected Diana to not be cordial, nor do I expect her to hate those kids... they can't help it if their father was a nutjob and wanted to give custody of his children to his musical idol instead of his family. I said she hit the ceiling at the time of Michael's death when she found out about the custody deal. Being blindsided by such a revalation, Diana's reaction is natural and human. And eye contact? I don't think any of us would imagine Diana would meet with the children and look at the ceiling or stare into the chandeliers. But 90 minutes also says it all. It says that she spent some time explaining at length to the children what went down, and that they'd be better with their own family. She has 5 kids... I think she probably did that well. But she's obviously not as CLOSE to these children as some people seem to think, otherwise, she wouldn't have flown 2,000 miles and stayed 90 minutes.
You really got the heart of the matter this time! 90 mins is not impressive. Had she taken the kids for even a full week, I would have been more impressed. This whole debacle is a blessing to Diane [[I am sure that is how she sees it....). Regarding eye contact, maybe he meant that the children were not instructed to "avert the eyes".........hehehehehehehe!

marv2
08-03-2012, 06:22 PM

Oh she has said a lot worst than that! It would make Roberta blush and go read her Bible! LOL!

marv2
08-03-2012, 06:30 PM

Roberta

Roberta, you are really starting to look very foolish here, because you do not know what you are talking about! Yes that was Diane's exact reaction! How I know is none of your business and yes I have heard her curse before. You are trippin because there was nothing racial or anti-semitic said here. You are just looking for a fight. Maybe because you are bored?

smark21
08-03-2012, 07:01 PM
One of the signs of schizoaffective disorder is difficulty in discerning between reality and fantasy. Another sign is lacking the perception that one has this disorder. It’s a very serious condition. Here’s a fact sheet from the NIH about the condition.
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmedhealth/PMH0001927/

jobeterob
08-03-2012, 07:27 PM
Hey Smark........is it another sign if you post message after message after message after message after message..........on a "bad" doing 7 in a row?

An employee of Mrs. Jackson's told me that Diane swept in wearing a fur coat, all made up, told the children to bow to her feet and address her as the Queen of Siam and Motown.

Then another contact said she was in her sweats carrying bags with pop and chips for the children from the local grocery; she's let all her help go and live in the Connecticut house and is becoming a Bhuddist Monkess; she has only a few pennies left for candy and such.

marv2
08-03-2012, 07:49 PM
Hey Smark........is it another sign if you post message after message after message after message after message..........on a "bad" doing 7 in a row?

An employee of Mrs. Jackson's told me that Diane swept in wearing a fur coat, all made up, told the children to bow to her feet and address her as the Queen of Siam and Motown.

Then another contact said she was in her sweats carrying bags with pop and chips for the children from the local grocery; she's let all her help go and live in the Connecticut house and is becoming a Bhuddist Monkess; she has only a few pennies left for candy and such.

It's not Buddhism, it's Santería. Man! You don't know nuthin'! LOL!!!

Glenpwood
08-03-2012, 07:50 PM
I only verified a fact a poster disputed. I also put forth nothing that wasnt already in the press via Perrys office so cool it on the attorney client privledge stuff. Even if i had been told more, which i wasnt, i certainly wouldnt throw it out here for random strangers i dont know to pick it apart. I just believe that when you possess a truth or a fact one should share it rather than let falsehoods spread. Like I said in my original post, this had become nothing but a trash fire so honestly I shouldve known better than to try and correct anything because as usual it seems some folks Cant Dont or Wont hear it. I have no plans to engage any further on this issue and sorely regret any contribution ive made to it....

Roberta75
08-03-2012, 08:06 PM
I only verified a fact a poster disputed. I also put forth nothing that wasnt already in the press via Perrys office so cool it on the attorney client privledge stuff. Even if i had been told more, which i wasnt, i certainly wouldnt throw it out here for random strangers i dont know to pick it apart. I just believe that when you possess a truth or a fact one should share it rather than let falsehoods spread. Like I said in my original post, this had become nothing but a trash fire so honestly I shouldve known better than to try and correct anything because as usual it seems some folks Cant Dont or Wont hear it. I have no plans to engage any further on this issue and sorely regret any contribution ive made to it....

Well I appreciate your information Glenpwood and thank you for telling the truth.

With my best personal wishes.

Roberta

juicefree20
08-03-2012, 09:17 PM
Just to play "Devil's Advocate" for a moment...

It has ocurred to me that had there been any grand announcement that Diana was going to take the kids to Disneyland for a week, it's likely that one of the tabloid tv shows or the National Enquirer would've first told us how great & kind she was, only to later do an investigative "expose" which then accused her of trying to swoop in & steal the Jackson spotlight.

Frankly, I believe that she was placed in a difficult position from the word "Go" & being realistic & fair about it, it seems to me as though she was placed squarely into a "lose/lose" situation.

If she were to swoop in & offer a public statement about this, she could be viewed as attempting to undermine Michael's family. If she remains silent publicly [[as she should), then it's said that she doesn't care enough. Meanwhile, no one really knows what she's said, has done or has pledged to do behind close doors.

I believe that she's wise in handling it as she has & if others had chosen to keep their big mouths shut instead of choosing to stir this particular hornets nest, then we wouldn't be weighing in about this huge mess. A mess which was easily avoidable.

But then again, the tabloids would've have to find some real news to report, news that affects people, many of whom never willingly went out of their way to have their lives turned upside down.

Ahhhh...the gift that just keeps giving :)

skooldem1
08-05-2012, 05:28 PM
Godmom Diana to rescue!
By STACY BROWN

“There ain’t no mountain high enough” that could have stopped Diana Ross from trying to extract Michael Jackson’s three kids from an ugly family feud.
In fact, the Motown legend reigned supreme last week, comforting godchildren Prince Michael, 15, Paris, 14, and Blanket, 10, who were still shaken by the bizarre attempt by some of the late pop star’s siblings to cut off contact with the kids’ 82-year-old grandma, Katherine.
The matriarch was whisked from the family’s California home to an Arizona spa for 11 days last month and had been unable to call home, triggering a police probe and a flurry of tweets from a terrified Paris.

GETTY IMAGES
DIVA INTERVENTION: Diana Ross, here with Michael Jackson in ’84, checked in on his children, Blanket, Prince Michael and Paris.

Ross gave Paris the longest hug during the emotional encounter at the family’s Calabasas home, said a Jackson family member who was present. The teen had recently been recorded on a surveillance camera fending off her aunt Janet Jackson’s attempt to take away her cellphone.
During Wednesday’s visit, Ross, 68, made it clear she would step in if necessary, and made Paris promise to call her “no matter what.”
“Yes, Miss Ross. I will,” Paris replied, according to the source.
The diva left a clear message to the family. “Mess with Michael’s kids, and you’re messing with her,” the source said.
During the powwow, Ross held Katherine Jackson’s hand, looked into her eyes and asked her if the family had made it too difficult for the grandma to handle guardianship, the source said.
Katherine told Ross she could handle it, and the two embraced.
The grandma now shares custody of the kids with TJ Jackson, son of Jackson’s brother Tito.
“For the first time, Ross said she was willing to step in ‘if needed.’ She had never spoken like that before,” the source said.
During his 2005 molestation trial, Jackson called best friend Ross and asked her to make sure his children would be cared for if anything were to happen to him.
Ross agreed, but had no idea she’d be named as the backup guardian in Jackson’s 2002 will.
After Jackson’s death in 2009, Ross would phone the kids to see “if they needed advice or anything else.” But last week, after the dust settled on the feud, “she wanted to meet with the children in person to make sure she heard all the right things. Things you can’t easily detect on the telephone, like body language,” the family member said.
“Whether she wanted to be listed as guardian or not, she’s not going to abdicate any authority.”
Ross was 25 when she met a 10-year-old Jackson in 1968. He, “like everyone else, called her Miss Ross,” ex-Temptations singer Damon Harris told The Post.
Many of the Jacksons are in favor of Ross’ guardianship should TJ and Katherine be unable.
“She’s our first idol,” the family member said. “We lived with her, and it wasn’t just Michael who loved her — we all do. His kids like her a lot. Who wouldn’t? She’s Miss Ross!”

http://www.nypost.com/p/news/national/godmom_diana_to_rescue_z49FeSO0TKzjYDSpi6cdhL?utm_ medium=rss&utm_content=National

David J
08-06-2012, 03:35 AM
It was clear law-wise that there had to be a communication between Katherine, Diana and the kids, and as always DR has handled this very classy indeed. To think what meal other stars would have done out of that, can you imagine?
They would have given press-conferences before, during and after meeting the children. She never gets credit for being so stylish, she always knows what the right way is... that is one of the many things that make her so special and such a CLASSY DIVA.:D

jobeterob
08-07-2012, 03:07 AM
Thanks David.

This article must have caused as much consternation among the Ross haters as Mary's article when she said she didn't have a voice like Dianas and as when Diana got the Lifetime Achievement Award from the Grammys.

I wonder if this leak was Jermaine or Randy and how much they got paid for it?

David J
08-07-2012, 04:08 AM
Diana Ross willing to take on Jackson`s children

Last Updated: Tuesday, August 07, 2012, 10:54

New York: Singer Diana Ross is willing to take over guardianship of Michael Jackson`s children if the custody arrangement between Katherine and Tito Joe `TJ` Jackson does not work out.

The 68-year-old was named as a back-up guardian for Prince Michael, Paris and Blanket in their late father`s will and although they are now under the shared custody of their grandmother Katherine and cousin TJ, she has made it clear she will step in and care for her godchildren if needed, reported New York Post.

"For the first time, Ross said she was willing to step in if needed. She had never spoken like that before. Whether she wanted to be listed as guardian or not, she`s not going to abdicate any authority," said a family member who was present during Ross`s recent visit to see the kids.

After the recent drama of Katherine losing and then regaining guardianship, Ross wanted to make sure the children were fine and travelled to see them in person in Calabasas, California.

"After Michael`s death in 2009, Diana would phone the kids to see if they needed advice or anything else. But last week, she wanted to meet with the children in person to make sure she heard all the right things," a source said.

IANS

First Published: Tuesday, August 07, 2012, 10:54

David J
08-07-2012, 04:09 AM
Motown legend Diana Ross ready to step up to take on Michael Jackson's kids.

London Evening Standard.
06 August 2012.

Diana Ross is willing to take over Michael Jackson's children if the arrangement between Katherine and TJ Jackson doesn't work out.

The Motown legend was named as a back-up guardian for Prince Michael, Paris and 'Blanket' in their late father's will and although they are now under the shared custody of their grandmother Katherine and cousin Tito Joe 'TJ' Jackson, she has made it clear she will step in and care for her godchildren if needed.

A family member who was present during Diana's recent visit to see the kids said: "For the first time, Ross said she was willing to step in 'if needed'. She had never spoken like that before. Whether she wanted to be listed as guardian or not, she's not going to abdicate any authority."

After the recent drama of Katherine losing and then regaining guardianship, Diana wanted to make sure the children were fine and travelled to see them in person in Calabasas, California.

The source added: "[After Michael's death in 2009, Diana would phone the kids to see] if they needed advice or anything else. But last week, she wanted to meet with the children in person to make sure she heard all the right things. Things you can't easily detect on the telephone, like body language."

Diana, 68, also made Paris, 14, promise to call her if she or her brothers ever need her help. According to the source, Diana left the warring Jackson family with the message "mess with Michael's kids, and you're messing with her".

Diana was also anxious to ensure Katherine, 82, is coping with her responsibilities and many of the Jackson family members would welcome her taking over.

The insider added: "It wasn't just Michael who loved her - we all do. His kids like her a lot. Who wouldn't? She's Miss Ross!"

David J
08-07-2012, 04:17 AM
So I am assuming with all the reports about Diana willing to take Michael's kids if the custody arrangement between Katherine and TJ doesn't work out, that Diana not ready yet to sign off her custody duties according to earler reports?

What I find interesting reading through the article was that Diana recieved a call from Michael after the 2005 allegations asking her to care for the kids if anything happens to him, that Diana agreed but she wasn't aware that Michael has already named her in the 2002 Will already anyway.

jobeterob
08-07-2012, 11:23 AM
Sign off just means she approved of the new agreement, particularly TJ sharing guardianship.

It does not necessarily mean that she gave up her rights.

Diana has always had a battery of lawyers and understands clearly what giving up rights to anything could mean; she watched many of her Motown colleagues give up their rights and end up with little or nothing.

In respect of Michaels children, she may want to give up her rights but there probably is a downside to that too.

jillfoster
08-07-2012, 12:01 PM
Sign off just means she approved of the new agreement, particularly TJ sharing guardianship.

Diana has always had a battery of lawyers and understands clearly what giving up rights to anything could mean; she watched many of her Motown colleagues give up their rights and end up with little or nothing.

In respect of Michaels children, she may want to give up her rights but there probably is a downside to that too.

Your'e right... if Katherine drops dead in the next year or two, Diana could really clean up. She could get her hands on Michael's money, and since she's had men giving her things all her life..... this won't be a big change for her. Think of how many pairs of Bob Mackie support hose she could buy with all that cash!

Roberta75
08-07-2012, 12:17 PM
Your'e right... if Katherine drops dead in the next year or two, Diana could really clean up. She could get her hands on Michael's money, and since she's had men giving her things all her life..... this won't be a big change for her. Think of how many pairs of Bob Mackie support hose she could buy with all that cash!

What a wicked, offensive thing to say. Have you no shame? May God forgive you jillfoster.

You need to read the book of Proverbs.

"A soft answer turns away wrath, but a harsh word stirs up anger. The tongue of the wise commends knowledge, but the mouths of fools pour out folly. The eyes of theLord are in every place, keeping watch on the evil and the good. A gentle tongue is a tree of life, but perverseness in it breaks the spirit. "

Roberta

jobeterob
08-07-2012, 05:27 PM
No, Jill you are wrong in this instance.

If Diana Ross becomes Guardian tomorrow, she does not get her hands on the money.

The Executors handle the money and they pay the Guardian an allowance to raise the children. I've read that Katherine gets enough money for staff and living expenses; I might have read that she gets $80000 a month but I might be wrong.

It would be no difference with Diana Ross and despite the news articles, this is something that even "Miss Ross" could not change.

You also had a heavily indebted, bankrupt estate to start with and from what I've read, the debts have not yet all been retired.

Evidently, one of Michael's concerns along with issues about the ability to raise children was a concern about what would happen to the money and the children. Miss Ross has a proven track record raising children - something that is almost nonexistent amongst celebrities. And at a minimum, she has one house worth $35 million, a parking lot or two in NY along with other real estate. So, he was not concerned on that count either.

jobeterob
08-07-2012, 07:12 PM
http://edition.cnn.com/2012/08/02/showbiz/jackson-custody-decision/index.html?iref=allsearch

marv2
08-07-2012, 08:36 PM

If Diana Ross becomes Guardian tomorrow, she does not get her hands on the money.

The Executors handle the money and they pay the Guardian an allowance to raise the children. I've read that Katherine gets enough money for staff and living expenses; I might have read that she gets $80000 a month but I might be wrong.

It would be no difference with Diana Ross and despite the news articles, this is something that even "Miss Ross" could not change.

You also had a heavily indebted, bankrupt estate to start with and from what I've read, the debts have not yet all been retired.

Evidently, one of Michael's concerns along with issues about the ability to raise children was a concern about what would happen to the money and the children. Miss Ross has a proven track record raising children - something that is almost nonexistent amongst celebrities. And at a minimum, she has one house worth $35 million, a parking lot or two in NY along with other real estate. So, he was not concerned on that count either.

She does not! [[have a house worth $35 million). If you are referring the house on the other side of the Long Island Sound from me in Connecticut, you off by a LOT! That house and land was assesed and valued by the county at $11 million. Ms Ross put it on the market with asking price of $ 34 million and had to take it off! She also went and tried to have her property taxes reduced and they did by a few thousand dollars. This is what was published in local papers.

jillfoster
08-07-2012, 08:43 PM

Seeing as how he left this world with an estate in multi-million dollar debt.. obviously he cared more about his personal gratification than the future and security of his children. It's been three years, and the estate's debt is "mostly" taken care of. If the economy had actually went off the cliff in 2008, then I imagine the financial picture would be alot more grim. And of course, money ain't everything, and I would never leave MY children with Diana Ross. I don't want any of mine being raised by someone with an alcohol problem. But then, I come from a family of tea totlallers.

luke
08-07-2012, 08:49 PM
Why does everyone have to call her Miss Ross?

jobeterob
08-07-2012, 10:27 PM

Respect.

To annoy those that call her Diane.

marv2
08-07-2012, 11:41 PM

Because she has an insane ego!

marv2
08-07-2012, 11:44 PM
Respect.

To annoy those that call her Diane.

Well, out of respect for Mr. Fred Ross, her father, I'll just call her Diane.....

marv2
08-07-2012, 11:49 PM
Seeing as how he left this world with an estate in multi-million dollar debt.. obviously he cared more about his personal gratification than the future and security of his children. It's been three years, and the estate's debt is "mostly" taken care of. If the economy had actually went off the cliff in 2008, then I imagine the financial picture would be alot more grim. And of course, money ain't everything, and I would never leave MY children with Diana Ross. I don't want any of mine being raised by someone with an alcohol problem. But then, I come from a family of tea totlallers.

I find that extremely strange especially when he knew she had a drinking problem.

Also more than a bit strange is her "signing off on Michael's kids "new" custory agreement, because it effectively changes his will!

Now if they can do that through mutual agreement, I believe other changes can be made.......

David J
08-08-2012, 03:41 AM

Jobeterob, thanks for explaining about the "signing off" suituation:D

No, I don't think that Diana will give up her rights on what was stated on MJ's Will, only because it means if she does give up her rights and anything ever happens to either guardian [[Katherine or TJ), then she wouldn't really have any say in what happens to the 3 kids and they could end up anywhere, maybe with one of the unsavoury Jacksons member.
And I am sure Diana would like to monitor and know what happening with those kids, even if she doesn't become their guardian, she would want them to end up with someone appropiate, who is not doing just for the publicity or the money and who's got their welfare and best interest at heart.

captainjames
08-08-2012, 09:02 AM
I have to agree I think Diana just wants what is best for the kids and of course she has the right or the authority to sign off on a shared guardianship. In fact she is the only one that has that right and I am sure she has made some reservations in regard to being able to change anything so it go awry.

jillfoster
08-08-2012, 11:43 AM
Jobeterob, thanks for explaining about the "signing off" suituation:D

No, I don't think that Diana will give up her rights on what was stated on MJ's Will, only because it means if she does give up her rights and anything ever happens to either guardian [[Katherine or TJ), then she wouldn't really have any say in what happens to the 3 kids and they could end up anywhere, maybe with one of the unsavoury Jacksons member.
And I am sure Diana would like to monitor and know what happening with those kids, even if she doesn't become their guardian, she would want them to end up with someone appropiate, who is not doing just for the publicity or the money and who's got their welfare and best interest at heart.

I am still mystified why people think all the Jackson siblings are unsavory and shady? And barring this recent stuff, what stuff in the past leads you to this conclusion? Please give me some examples why you feel this way.

marv2
08-08-2012, 02:46 PM
They don't have reason to believe any of that. It is their own mentality they have to deal with. The Jackson have been stars in the public eye for nearly 45 years and you have not heard anything truly unsavory or shady, not even an arrest to my knowledge.

jillfoster
08-08-2012, 04:15 PM
They don't have reason to believe any of that. It is their own mentality they have to deal with. The Jackson have been stars in the public eye for nearly 45 years and you have not heard anything truly unsavory or shady, not even an arrest to my knowledge.

I was wondering, Marv... cause I don't remember hearing any of that. There's all that La Toya drama, but she's obviously moved past that and got that man out of her life for good. I mean, is it Janet's nipples at the super bowl? Is it Jermaine's bad process? I don't remember any of them being arrested for drunk driving or anything. LOL

marv2
08-08-2012, 05:01 PM
Yes,.he [[Jack Gordon), is out of her life for good because he's dead! Janet's tit showing for one milli-second does not count after all we've seen from performers, even jiggiling another woman's ta ta's on award shows. Jermaine's semi-process "do" doesn't count because at least it has a shape and stays in place. I don't ;think any of them have been arrested for extreme DUI.....not even Randy! Soooooooo........ hehehehehehehehe!

jobeterob
08-09-2012, 01:28 AM
It is amusing to think that Jermaine and Janet call her Miss Ross. And Katherine. Lord! This will spread to Marv & Jill soon. Mi................iii.............ssssssssssss Roooooooo ausssssssss

jobeterob
08-09-2012, 02:17 AM
More >>By LINDA DEUTSCH
AP Special Correspondent
LOS ANGELES [[AP) - The mystery of Michael Jackson's mother's disappearance was clarified Thursday with the release of court papers that said she was kept from communicating with outsiders while at a resort and was unaware she had been reported missing.

Katherine Jackson declared in the documents that she learned she was the subject of a search when she accidentally heard a TV report.

Before that, she said, she was kept virtually incommunicado without access to a phone or her iPad. She said her stay at the Tucson resort was unplanned, and she went there after she was told her doctor had ordered her to rest.

Before that, she had intended to take a cross-country RV trip to see her sons perform in concerts.

"While there was a telephone in my room, the telephone was not functioning and I could not dial out," she said in the documents. "In addition, there was no picture on the television in my room."

She told of asking repeatedly to have the TV fixed.

"One morning I woke up to the sound of the television," she said. "While there was no picture, I heard a broadcast that stated I was missing."

Her declaration was attached to papers filed in a request to be reinstated as guardian of Michael's children, Prince, 15, Paris, 14 and Blanket, 10. Superior Court Judge Mitchell Beckloff granted the request Thursday and temporarily named her nephew, TJ Jackson, as co-guardian.

Beckloff said last week that he didn't believe Katherine Jackson had done anything wrong but suspended her guardianship duties because she had been out of contact with her grandchildren for 10 days.

While at the resort, Jackson said, she was unaware that her grandchildren were worried about her and that her lawyer had flown to Tucson to contact her.

"While I was away, I had no reason to question whether the people with whom I placed trust would inform me that Prince, Paris and Blanket were trying to reach me," she said.

She said she had asked about the children and was told they were fine.

"The day before I was brought home from Tucson, I was finally permitted to use the phone to speak with Prince, Paris, Blanket and TJ," she said.

Some of Katherine Jackson's comments appeared in conflict with a statement she made to ABC News before she left Tucson.

Seated with her children Randy, Janet and Rebbie next to her, she read from a prepared statement saying she had not been held against her will

"My children would never do a thing to me like that, holding me against my will," she said. "It's very stupid for people to think that."

She said then that she was devastated at learning she had lost guardianship of her grandchildren and said the action "was based on a bunch of lies."

In the aftermath of what her attorney Perry Sanders Jr. called "the chaos," Katherine Jackson asked for a meeting with TJ Jackson and the lawyer to find out what was going on.

As a result, she said, she decided that TJ Jackson, who had been an unofficial co-guardian of the children, needed legal authority in case something happened in her absence.

Beckloff said during a hearing after Jackson resurfaced that an investigator who looked into the children's care found the late pop star's 82-year-old mother was an excellent guardian and the children love her.

"I think the kids are in terrific hands," the judge said. "It appears from the report that Katherine Jackson has done a wonderful job and cares about the children very much."

Beckloff noted that the children also have a close relationship with their 34-year-old cousin TJ Jackson, who was named temporary guardian last week after working closely with Katherine Jackson since Michael Jackson died.

TJ is "incredibly respectful" of the family matriarch and she is respectful of him, the judge said.

Beckloff said he will finalize the arrangement later this month but for now will issue letters of co-guardianship allowing both Jacksons to make decisions about the welfare of the children.

TJ Jackson's new co-guardianship status is temporary, but the judge could make it permanent when he convenes the next court hearing on Aug. 22.

The shared guardianship plan is apparently designed to remove pressure from Katherine Jackson who was previously named in her son's will as the children's sole guardian.

Sanders has said the arrangement will allow her to focus on the children's upbringing and not on home or logistics issues.

The changes in guardianship come on the heels of family dissension over Michael Jackson's will, which left nothing to his siblings when he died three years ago. Several of them signed a letter that was leaked to the media alleging the will was a fake and calling on executors of the estate to resign.

On Wednesday, Jermaine Jackson issued a plea for peace in the family and withdrew his support of the letter.

He wrote that the family is still raw from Michael Jackson's death, and his mother has endured incredible stress and pressures since then.

___

AP Entertainment Writer Anthony McCartney contributed to this story.

Copyright 2012 The Associated Press. All rights reserved.

captainjames
08-10-2012, 08:51 AM
Thanks Rob
WOW !! Who does that ?? If I was taking my mom away for rest I would tell her and who puts her in a room with no way of communicating unless you are at arms length. Perhaps there was a baby monitor in the room so they could hear if she fell or cried out.

I am starting to see why Michael did not want his siblings to have those kids because of some of the odd things they do.

" A Word To The Bad[[s)", Leave those kids alone.

jillfoster
08-10-2012, 09:35 AM
Thanks Rob
WOW !! Who does that ?? If I was taking my mom away for rest I would tell her and who puts her in a room with no way of communicating unless you are at arms length. Perhaps there was a baby monitor in the room so they could hear if she fell or cried out.

I am starting to see why Michael did not want his siblings to have those kids because of some of the odd things they do.

" A Word To The Bad[[s)", Leave those kids alone.

I think he didn't want his sibling to have nothin because of the intervention they did on him all sources say he's like a spoiled little boy and punishes anyone who doesn't give him his way.

jobeterob
08-10-2012, 11:25 AM
If you listen to the CBC Documentary on the recording industry, they use two examples of how the industry peaked in the 90's ~ Michael Jackson and Whitney Houston ~ and how very few CDs were hits but when they hit, they could make a billion dollars. Jackson and Houston paid a huge price and Jackson figured out he was being used by the industry; both were addicts that died in the end deeply in debt. You would have to be a very naive fan to think Jackson and Houston were not hugely troubled individuals.

The money came in and the money went out like water. The Jackson family see the potential of money coming in again and they can't get a penny; that's why they are mad at the executors and the kids. But this time, it is all locked up.

The Jackson siblings basically kidnapped their Mother; take the relationship away and they would have been charged. They have no basic grounding, a lot of unstable relationships and practices ~ Michael Jackson saw stability in the Ross children and wanted that for his family.

Do we have any idea who the real fathers and mothers of the 3 children are?

jillfoster
08-10-2012, 12:37 PM
If you listen to the CBC Documentary on the recording industry, they use two examples of how the industry peaked in the 90's ~ Michael Jackson and Whitney Houston ~ and how very few CDs were hits but when they hit, they could make a billion dollars. Jackson and Houston paid a huge price and Jackson figured out he was being used by the industry; both were addicts that died in the end deeply in debt. You would have to be a very naive fan to think Jackson and Houston were not hugely troubled individuals.

The money came in and the money went out like water. The Jackson family see the potential of money coming in again and they can't get a penny; that's why they are mad at the executors and the kids. But this time, it is all locked up.

The Jackson siblings basically kidnapped their Mother; take the relationship away and they would have been charged. They have no basic grounding, a lot of unstable relationships and practices ~ Michael Jackson saw stability in the Ross children and wanted that for his family.

Do we have any idea who the real fathers and mothers of the 3 children are?

Exactly my point. He WANTED WANTED WANTED. Couldn't even give Diane the courtesy to ASK her... and you know why, because he knew damn good and well she'd tell him no. She raised her own kids... with 5 of them an assorted grandchildren, her plate is full on the family front, I'm sure she cares about what happens to them, but she don't want to take them and finish raising them. So Rob... this money is all locked up, what would happen from a legal standpoint if some tragedy happened, and all three children were killed in a house fire, car accident, earthquake, whatever. What would legally happen to the estate? Once the heirs named in a will are gone, does the estate cease to exist after that? I'm just curious about this, as our family doesn't have nor want to have wills, so I don't know how it all works. This would be the same thing if a man had no children, left his royalties to his wife, and she died maybe a couple years after him.

jobeterob
08-10-2012, 12:55 PM
Apparently the will/trust provides that when Katherine dies, the children inherit her portion.

If thereafter, the children all perish together without wills, each jurisdiction generally has legislation which sets out who inherits; almost all jurisdictions are the same and the scheme usually is:

- your spouse [[including a same sex spouse, except in backward American states)
- your children
- most jurisdictions say a portion goes to your spouse and thereafter, the spouse shares with the children
- grandparents [[this might include Debbie Rowe's or some other mother if there was no legal adoption)
- aunts and uncles [[on both sides)

That would generally be it. But those children will never become adults without wills.

Dieing without a will means more legal fees, more taxes often and delays. It's not a good idea.

Of course, Michael Jackson was selfish; most of these people are because their whole life has been "me me me" with the press chasing them, calling their name, people giving them awards etc. ~ and I'm talking Michael, Whitney, Diana.

jillfoster
08-10-2012, 01:17 PM
Apparently the will/trust provides that when Katherine dies, the children inherit her portion.

If thereafter, the children all perish together without wills, each jurisdiction generally has legislation which sets out who inherits; almost all jurisdictions are the same and the scheme usually is:

- your spouse [[including a same sex spouse, except in backward American states)
- your children
- most jurisdictions say a portion goes to your spouse and thereafter, the spouse shares with the children
- grandparents [[this might include Debbie Rowe's or some other mother if there was no legal adoption)
- aunts and uncles [[on both sides)

That would generally be it. But those children will never become adults without wills.

Dieing without a will means more legal fees, more taxes often and delays. It's not a good idea.

Of course, Michael Jackson was selfish; most of these people are because their whole life has been "me me me" with the press chasing them, calling their name, people giving them awards etc. ~ and I'm talking Michael, Whitney, Diana.

Thanks, Rob.... that was very educational. Our family doesn't need wills because in the State of Missouri [[I think about 2 dozen states have this) we have for real estate a provision for beneficiary deed. So when the owner of the property dies, it's automatically transferred with no probate or anything to the person designated. And me and my brother both have medical power of Attorney for our parents, and co-own all bank accounts. You can do that when you can trust your children... but I know some people can't which is unfortunate.

jobeterob
08-10-2012, 01:30 PM
Jill: you are right about your arrangements; we do that kind of arrangements for clients all the time; things can work wonderfully when the family gets along and is kind of normal.

The latest release from Debbie Rowe:

Debbie Rowe Approves Care Of Michael Jackson's Children
More Sharing Services

The mother of two of Michael Jackson's children has given her consent for the kids' guardianship to be shared between Katherine Jackson and the late star's nephew T.J.

Debbie Rowe, who was married to the Thriller singer for three years in the 1990s, is mother to his son Prince Michael and daughter Paris and she has filed legal documents approving their care following a Jackson family feud last month [[Jul12).

The former nurse filed the papers at Los Angeles County Superior Court on Thursday [[09Aug12) and insists she will intervene if she becomes unhappy with how the children are being looked after.

In the files, obtained by Tmz.com, it states, "Should the arrangement sought by T.J. Jackson and Katherine Jackson become untenable, unstable, unsafe, or in any way contrary to the best interests of the children, Ms. Rowe will seek court intervention."

The children's cousin T.J., son of Michael's brother Tito, first applied to take guardianship of the kids while Katherine Jackson was on vacation in Arizona last month [[Jul12) and a judge ruled Rowe must be notified of any changes to their care.

Michael Jackson was also father to another son called Blanket, who was born via a surrogate mother after the singer divorced Rowe.

jobeterob
08-15-2012, 12:33 AM
In the update to Tarrborelli's Jackson book, he says:

He had access to 10000 pages of Motown sales and this is what he used in the Jackson book and Call Her Miss Ross; although he dropped nearly all the sales info in his final Ross autobiography.

He says Katherine Jackson's allowance is $25000 a month but some of it [[or all) is going to satisfy a multi million dollar judgment that was obtained against Joe, Katherine, and Jermaine as a result of the "moonie" Korean issue. I forget what that was actually about.

What I got out of this section is that Joe, Katherine and Jermaine have nothing in the way of assets.

So, this may mean Katherine isn't getting any money from the estate, just money to raise the children, as the guardian.

I'm going to read this book shortly.

jobeterob
08-20-2012, 12:36 AM
Have read the parts about the beatings Michael got from Joe and how much he said he hated him.

Says each brother got $700000 from the Victory tour and it was expected that they would all need more money within a few years because they would blow it all. Michael gave his money away.

I didn't realize Joe had a child with another lady.

Says the 3 youngest children cant really spell, puncuate or use correct grammar; sounds like Michael writes like Diana. He had to ask what the word "anguish" meant.