PDA

View Full Version : Mary Wilson - "Turn Around"!

test

marv2
07-25-2012, 03:38 AM
Here is one of Mary's great recordings from 1996, "Turn Around". She use to play it as the theme song to her WWRL radio show here in New York. It is one of my favorites!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vYbMChbjDeI

luke
07-25-2012, 08:59 AM
Thx - this is just great! Missed hit.

franjoy56
08-01-2012, 10:31 PM
Oh I remember those Mary radio guest spot day, and I remember this one too released after "U" this track "Turn Around" should have made some radio noise as did her other post motown tracks especially "Walk the LIne" and "U" was off the chart, however my all time favorite Mary Wilson track single is "Red Hot" just for you.

marv2
08-01-2012, 10:58 PM
"Turn Around" was an excellent record/song. I bought my copy at the now defunct Motown Cafe on W. 57th......remember?

Mary actually had two radio shows. The one here in New York ran on WWRL from about 1996-98 and the she hosted the nationally syndicated radio show called "The Motown Show" from 2001-2002. That was where I first heard Florence Ballards' version of "Oh Holy Night".

franjoy56
08-02-2012, 12:21 AM
"Turn Around" was an excellent record/song. I bought my copy at the now defunct Motown Cafe on W. 57th......remember?

Mary actually had two radio shows. The one here in New York ran on WWRL from about 1996-98 and the she hosted the nationally syndicated radio show called "The Motown Show" from 2001-2002. That was where I first heard Florence Ballards' version of "Oh Holy Night".
I remember the Motown show was on cbsfm. is that where Mary played "O Holy Night" a Flo standout.

marv2
08-02-2012, 01:02 AM
I remember the Motown show was on cbsfm. is that where Mary played "O Holy Night" a Flo standout.

Yes! It was one of those moments you remember. I was in my car leaving Astoria and heading towards the Triboro Bridge. It was night and just before Christmas. Mary made an introduction like, "Thinking of my dear friend Florence Ballard tonight......." then she played Flo singing "Oh Holy Night". It stunned me how good it was that I pulled my car over to listen. It was a similar feeling I got when I first heard Flo's verison of "Silent Night" in December 1995. I stood frozen in my living room until the song ended. I could not believe that it was not included on the original "Merry Christmas" album from 1965 and it took 30 years for me to hear it!