PDA

View Full Version : Mr Jack Ashford

test

berry101
07-24-2012, 08:26 PM
Last night I had the honor of meeting and talking to Jack Ashford and his wonderful and charming wife.

See link to Edmonton newspaper.

He was a pure joy and magical . I could have spent longer with him but had the family in tow.

One of THE greats . I am looking forward to future contact via e mail with him .

He really had great things to say about Harry and crew . One recollection that he told me was that during the live performance of What's Goin On with Marvin that he substituted a kazoo for lack of a sax being available . The twinkle in his eyes as he spoke and recollected stories .
I asked him what his favorite year at Motown was and he replied all of them .
Apart from Jack , there was a numerous amount of Motown memorabilia including Marvin's chessboard.

The comments that I received from a couple of staff in my office when I sent them the photo of Jack and I today , me with my big grin and smile plastered on my face....You looked like you were in heaven...... I truly was ....

http://www.edmontonjournal.com/entertainment/Funk+Brother+Jack+Ashford+brings+groove/6930531/story.html

theboyfromxtown
07-25-2012, 03:37 AM
I enjoyed that link. Thank you for posting. I hope the London referred to is London UK !

berry101
07-25-2012, 07:21 AM
yes , that is London , Uk

scanspeak
07-25-2012, 08:37 AM
His autobiography is fascinating. I recommend it.