PDA

View Full Version : Bobby Rydell surgery

test

randy_russi
07-23-2012, 03:56 PM
I was in NJ and Philadelphia last week visiting my dear friend Dee Dee Sharp. Dee Dee got a call that
her friend and former Cameo-Parkway labelmate Bobby Rydell had double transplant surgery for a
kidney and liver. He has been in Thomas Jefferson Hospital in Philadelphia. Apparently he is doing
quite well and expects to go home this Wednesday. Bobby Rydell is now 70[[!) years old.
Prayers and best wishes to him for a speedy recovery!

ralpht
07-23-2012, 07:20 PM
Thanks for the update, Randy. I always liked this guy's work. I wish him a speedy recovery.

tmd
07-23-2012, 09:58 PM
I was looking forward to seeing him on the Malt Shop Cruise- he was headlining along with Dion, Frankie Avalon, Ronnie Spector, Darlene Love, Chubby Checkers, and a long list of groups.

Get better Bobby.

stephanie
07-23-2012, 10:27 PM
Oh wow thanks for letting me know this. I was just talking to a neighbor of mine today about Bobby R and how I thought he was the most talented out of all of the teen idols. Now I see this. Get better Mr Wild One.

randy_russi
07-23-2012, 10:32 PM
From all indications he is doing well. Hopefully he goes home on Wed. of this week.

nathanj06
07-24-2012, 07:47 AM
Glad to hear he is doing well!

nosey
07-24-2012, 10:59 AM
Have a speedy recovery Mr. Rydell. Like Stephanie, I agree he was the most talented. Randy, how is Roy?

randy_russi
07-25-2012, 03:11 PM
hi nosey, I didn't see Roy and Loretta on this trip, however, Dee Dee says he's doing well. He just needs to take
it light. His youngest son, Justin, is getting married this weekend.

You know, I should have contacted you as we were in Philly and I went to take a pic of Dee Dee's plack on
Broad Street by the Double Tree Hotel, right down from the Philly International bldg.

Maybe next time!

nosey
07-25-2012, 03:14 PM
I was thinking the same thing Randy; us at least getting together for lunch. There will be a next time. My daughter was in Orlando last week doing the Disney thing.

ceasar
07-27-2012, 04:56 PM
Hello everyone,
I spoke to Bobby today.
He really sounded well. The clarity in his voice was upbeat.
We had a very nice conversation. I told him that I really hope that he gets better.
He is a sttrong young man.
Ceasar
The
Original
Tymes

nosey
07-31-2012, 08:45 AM
Caesar did Norman have his annual cookout yet? If so, did you see any of your former Cameo-Parkway labelmates?

ceasar
07-31-2012, 07:46 PM
Hi Nosey,
How are you feeling these days,
Hope you are doing okay.
Yes, Norman had his cookout.
it was just the group and a few friends.
As usual, we had a good time.
Ceasar