PDA

View Full Version : Frank Wilson Interviews

test

thommg
07-22-2012, 08:48 PM
Having just moved, I was putting my cd collection up on some new shelves and found one I had forgotten about. Does anyone know anything about Do I Love You - Frank Wilson - the Interviews? It, apparently was released in 2000 and is on Goldmine. Aside from an unreleased song - My Sugar Baby, it contains an inteview with Kev Roberts and Richard Searling in conversation with Frank Wilson. Why was this released? Anyone have info?

Thanks,
Thom

motownmorph1
07-23-2012, 04:01 AM
from what I remember Tommy, the CD was put out just after Frank Wilson had appeared at the weekender in Fleetwood in the UK & was recorded there, I think as you say it was around the year 2000 ish when the events took place, Kev Roberts was one of the promoters of the weekender, Richard may also have been involved.

morph

roger
07-23-2012, 04:05 AM
Having just moved, I was putting my cd collection up on some new shelves and found one I had forgotten about. Does anyone know anything about Do I Love You - Frank Wilson - the Interviews? It, apparently was released in 2000 and is on Goldmine. Aside from an unreleased song - My Sugar Baby, it contains an inteview with Kev Roberts and Richard Searling in conversation with Frank Wilson. Why was this released? Anyone have info?

Thanks,
Thom

Thom .. I think this was released to tie in with the publication by Goldmine of Kev Robert's "Northern Soul 500" book, which also came out in 2000. The foreword in the book was written by FRANK WILSON and his "Do I Love You [[Indeed I Do)" 45 was listed as #1 on Kev Robert's survey of the "Top Northern Soul Records"..

Roger

ivyfield
07-23-2012, 06:59 AM
WOW! I'd LOVE to hear it - anyone uploaded it?

thommg
07-23-2012, 01:53 PM
Thanks for the info on it. I remember buying it for 99 cents quite a few years ago but have never listened to it. I'll have to rip the tracks and get them uploaded somewhere so you can hear them.