PDA

View Full Version : Martha Rockin Stockholm

test

jillfoster
07-16-2012, 02:26 AM
From last year.... this performance just kicks butt!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dWM1tJ0lZdU

luke
07-16-2012, 10:15 AM
VG! Lois doesnt play either!

Penny
07-16-2012, 10:52 AM
I hope Roberta gets to see this. She would just love it. I think she might be on her Christian mission right now though.

Penny:cool:

marv2
07-16-2012, 12:06 PM
Martha is just a natural born entertainer/singer. Put her on any stage, anywhere and she gets down! Go on Martha!

stephanie
07-16-2012, 05:33 PM
I have some reservations about Mr Gordy but I must say when they put Ms Reeves and Mary Wilson they give a show and sing and not tons of costume changes. Both of them took advantage of Artist Development.

motony
07-17-2012, 09:04 AM
even when you watch the old Motortown Revue clip of Martha & the Vandellas doing "Come & Get These Memories" you see how Martha really takes command of the stage & has that natuaral charisma that can not be taught.

luke
07-17-2012, 09:15 AM
Very true and when shes on shes on ...I wonder why she fluctuates per performance, at least the quality of her voice.

Bokiluis
07-18-2012, 01:52 AM
At least her voice doesn't sound as warbly as it can at time.

Before The Supremes hit big, I was first drawn to Martha Reeves and The Vandellas with "Come and Get These Memories" and "Heatwave". "Dancing in the Street" was released about a month after "Where Did Our Love Go".

Ms. Maxine Powell's Artist Development courses surely helped to refine some of the rawer talent. Beans Bowles on Motown 40, I believe it was, used Gladys Horton's stage presence to demonstrate how many of the Motown acts benefited from those courses.

marv2
07-18-2012, 10:46 AM
At least her voice doesn't sound as warbly as it can at time.

Before The Supremes hit big, I was first drawn to Martha Reeves and The Vandellas with "Come and Get These Memories" and "Heatwave". "Dancing in the Street" was released about a month after "Where Did Our Love Go".

Ms. Maxine Powell's Artist Development courses surely helped to refine some of the rawer talent. Beans Bowles on Motown 40, I believe it was, used Gladys Horton's stage presence to demonstrate how many of the Motown acts benefited from those courses.

Dr. Bowles was referring to Georgette [[Georgeanna Tillman) of the Marvelettes about her chewing gum and staring up at the balcony........LOL!

Penny
08-01-2012, 10:41 AM
I am bumping this thread to the top of the list. I see that Roberta is back online and I know how much she loves Martha Reeves. She will love this video and I didn't want her to miss it.

Roberta75
08-01-2012, 11:59 AM
I am bumping this thread to the top of the list. I see that Roberta is back online and I know how much she loves Martha Reeves. She will love this video and I didn't want her to miss it.

Thank you my dear Penny. I just love this clip. Nobody puts on a show like the First Lady of Motown Miss Martha Reeves. Her orange/red dress is beautiful, her skin is glowing and youthful and her voice is stronger and better than ever. I love Miss Martha and so does this audience.

Thank you for this.

Your, with every good wish.

Roberta