PDA

View Full Version : Sandie Shaw... what the hell happened?

test

jillfoster
07-15-2012, 08:05 PM
A perfect example of what NOT to do when you get older. What possessed a 65 year old woman to put on hotpants is beyond me, she's well preserved and has a nice figure for a woman her age, but holy crap, she never wore things like that when she was young and it was in style. And the lap dance didn't help, either. It's so sad to see what cigarettes do to a person's singing voice, her voice was so silken and beautiful, and now it's like a croaking frog:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ptkfYHdyCs

jillfoster
07-15-2012, 08:07 PM
It makes you want to cry when you hear how she used to sound:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l-5RFMiFQpc

blueskies
07-15-2012, 10:25 PM
A perfect example of what NOT to do when you get older. What possessed a 65 year old woman to put on hotpants is beyond me, she's well preserved and has a nice figure for a woman her age, but holy crap, she never wore things like that when she was young and it was in style. And the lap dance didn't help, either. It's so sad to see what cigarettes do to a person's singing voice, her voice was so silken and beautiful, and now it's like a croaking frog:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ptkfYHdyCs

Good Lord....was she even sober? For a minute I thought she didn't have any teeth in, either.

jillfoster
07-16-2012, 02:06 AM
It's just incredibly sad. To be fair, she also sang "There's Always Something There To Remind Me", and it wasn't as dire... but still not anywhere near anything she used to be. And on the same show, Betty Wright came on and walked the hell away with it:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RgIiYgn2BiM&feature=related

splanky
07-16-2012, 08:58 AM
She got old. That's what. A lot of changes take place in the span of 44 years. As for the outfit, hey, she's still a woman
and you know what they say about a woman's perogative...

jsmith
07-16-2012, 12:38 PM
She lives just up the road from me [[in a tiny place called Milton, SthWest of Oxford). She keeps a low profile however, though she has been spotted in the local Tesco at times.

copley
07-16-2012, 02:00 PM
Well Sandie is having fun this time around, in other words she doesn't give two hoots and does take not herself seriously unlike some 60's divas :)

jillfoster
07-16-2012, 08:48 PM
She got old. That's what. A lot of changes take place in the span of 44 years. As for the outfit, hey, she's still a woman
and you know what they say about a woman's perogative...

The thing that was so dissapointing to me is that she always looked so stylish and elegant, like in the 1968 clip I posted earlier. She wore clothes BEAUTIFULLY. I'm sorry, but a 65 year old woman in hotpants just looks desperate and pathetic. You can still be fun at that age, I don't expect her to come out in a granny dress... but something out of synch with what she USED to be even? That same outfit in that 1968 clip would even look wonderful on her today. It was a very timeless ensemble.

stephanie
07-16-2012, 10:36 PM
hey she is 65 let her have her fun.

chidrummer
07-17-2012, 10:29 AM
Geez jillfoster, ease up on the woman just a bit. I get what you're saying about the voice, but that's what happens to most people. Monsieur McCartney doesn't sound nearly the same as he did in 1966 either and Ms Wright has obviously put on some pounds since I last saw her, but that's life being busy while we were making other plans.

As for the clothes, they were doing a fun song, a little ska thing, that was cool. There were others in costume and it was a New Years Eve show! You get to be a little more flamboyant on New Year's Eve. Shaw was rockin her trademark legs and the barefoot thing, it was all good. Lord knows how many women would kill someone to have that figure and those legs at 65.

BTW, I didn't know Jools Holland played guitar. That cat is so underrated.

skooldem1
07-17-2012, 10:31 AM
I see nothing wrong with her outfit. It's not like she is wearing daisy dukes. She looks good for her age.

westgrandboulevard
07-17-2012, 10:38 AM
The Jools Holland Rhythm & Blues Orchestra has a great sound.

What a memorable show it would be, if ever they were to support a full bill of original Motown artists....:)

luke
07-17-2012, 10:47 AM
Geez she was just having fun. looks good!

mark speck
07-18-2012, 11:41 PM
I'm just happy she is still around...I was always a fan of hers. Go Sandie!!

Best,

Mark