PDA

View Full Version : HDH question

test

diktatorship
07-14-2012, 07:18 PM
Well, two really. Can anyone produce a listing of H-D-H compositions in order of worldwide record sales and / or how often they are played on the radio? Does anyone keep these types of records?

Also, when one of their compositions is played on the radio [[which must happen non-stop) how much is earned and by whom? It would be fascinating to know how many times an hour one of their songs is being played or downloaded.

Ian Dewhirst
07-15-2012, 07:03 AM
Well, two really. Can anyone produce a listing of H-D-H compositions in order of worldwide record sales and / or how often they are played on the radio? Does anyone keep these types of records?

Also, when one of their compositions is played on the radio [[which must happen non-stop) how much is earned and by whom? It would be fascinating to know how many times an hour one of their songs is being played or downloaded.

I would imagine HDH's publishers would have access to that information. I think in the UK they go through Warner Chappell for the Invictus/Hot Wax/Music Merchant repertoire and obviously Jobete [[via EMI I think) for their Motown repertoire.

Ian D ;)

jsmith
07-15-2012, 07:41 AM
In the UK, I would guess it will be 8 x Motown tracks [[4 Tops, Supremes, etc) + a Chairman of Board [[Give Me More Time) & Freda Payne [[Band of Gold) .... if the last 2 tracks are now registered as being HDH songs.