PDA

View Full Version : The Boss: Deluxe Edition [[?)

test

Bokiluis
07-12-2012, 11:56 AM
In the era of downloads, I wonder if there is any value to Motown releasing a proper Deluxe Edition of "The Boss" including all the 12 inch mixes of:
"The Boss"
"No One Gets the Prize" [[available only on "The Motown Anthology")
"I Ain't Been Licked"
"It's My House" [[available only on "diana: Deluxe Edition")
Though it is possible to make your own playlist, I would love a CD with all the mixes included with the regular studio album. It has been 33 years since "The Boss" was first released. So maybe, depending on inventory on the current CD version, in 2014, for its 35th Anniversary, this could be a great collector's item. There also must be more shots from that photo shoot to make a more complete CD booklet.

RossHolloway
07-12-2012, 07:11 PM
Weren't there a couple of remixes or 12" when it was re-done a few years back? I think there were only 8 or 9 songs on the lp, were there any outtakes?

zani57
07-13-2012, 01:02 AM
Weren't there a couple of remixes or 12" when it was re-done a few years back? I think there were only 8 or 9 songs on the lp, were there any outtakes?

Here is the track listing for the 1999 reissue of "The Boss" --

http://www.amazon.com/The-Boss-Diana-Ross/dp/B00000J2RF/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1342155681&sr=8-2&keywords=diana+ross+the+boss

jack020
07-13-2012, 02:36 AM
RossHolloway:
do you mean this one?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Diana_Extended:_The_Remixes

nabob
07-13-2012, 05:21 AM
K-Tel issued this 1986 Dutch CD with 14 tracks. Five minute versions of The Boss and Love Hang Over are on the CD.5151. The CD has Motown music and songs from The Wiz.

RossHolloway
07-13-2012, 09:02 AM
Here is the track listing for the 1999 reissue of "The Boss" --

http://www.amazon.com/The-Boss-Diana-Ross/dp/B00000J2RF/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1342155681&sr=8-2&keywords=diana+ross+the+boss

Yes, that reissue. I didn't realize that it was done in 1999...Isn't that the same year that Romney left Bain Capital?

skooldem1
07-13-2012, 09:55 AM
This album deserves the deluxe treatment. It was a defining album in her solo career. Besides including extended mixes, alternate mixes, etc. I would also like for them to include live tracks lifted from her Ceasars Palace/HBO concert. "I aint been licked" [[killer version), "No one gets the prize", "All for one" [[awesome), "Its my house". Maybe they can also include "Its my house" from Central Park. The band was great on that one.

Bokiluis
07-14-2012, 05:17 AM
This album deserves the deluxe treatment. It was a defining album in her solo career. Besides including extended mixes, alternate mixes, etc. I would also like for them to include live tracks lifted from her Ceasars Palace/HBO concert. "I aint been licked" [[killer version), "No one gets the prize", "All for one" [[awesome), "Its my house". Maybe they can also include "Its my house" from Central Park. The band was great on that one.

That's exactly what I am talking about. At the initial album release time, I was unaware that they had extended mixes of "I Ain't Been Licked", with great adlibs at the end. I maybe had heard that there was an extended mix of "No One Gets the Prize". I knew of only "The Boss " and "It's My House".

-And of course, since the HBO/SRO concert has never been on DVD legitimately, rereleasing that concert would be wonderful. But, I have mentioned including videos on the Deluxe Editions, to no avail......so right now, I would be happy with a Deluxe Edition with the music only.
-And I also would like Valerie to be interviewed about the recording sessions and working Diana through those wonderful ooooo's especially on the 12 inch.
-We have only seen a couple of shots from Harry Langdon on that iconic photo shoot.....it is just crying out for the Deluxe Edition treatment in my opinion.