PDA

View Full Version : Everybody's Got the Right To Love

test

longtimefan
07-11-2012, 08:48 PM
From time to time, I have noted comments about different versions of EGTRTL. Could someone list the CDs on which various versions exist with brief notations describing the differences? Thank you in advance!

marv2
07-11-2012, 10:19 PM
I don't know. I do know that the late, great Hal Jackson would always play this special version right after this taped greeting from Mary Wilson [["Hal, I love you.......") that was pumped up with more instrumentation and the tempo was faster than any other versions I had ever heard. The song sounded GREAT, the version Hal played on his "Sunday Classics" show.

Jimi LaLumia
07-11-2012, 11:03 PM
they need to do an 2012 upbeat re mix and call it "Everybody's Got The Right To BooGaLoo Down Broadway"..

George Solomon
07-12-2012, 04:24 PM
Original [[and only released) stereo mix on "Right On" [[This Is The Story box set if you can still get it). It was also on the original CD Anthology from 1986.

Original 45 mono mix with the same vocal as the original stereo mix is a darker sounding mono mix with the back up vocals and guitars not as prominent in the mix is currently available on The Supremes "Gold" and The Complete Motown Singles Vol. 10 - 1970. It was on the 1995 CD Anthology as well but that's out of print.

A much better [[in my opinion) mono single mix that was from the vaults with a completely different lead vocal by Jean was on Greatest Hits and Rare Classics CD, now out of print.

Another superior mono single mix [[also was unreleased) was on the Greatest Hits and Rare Classics cassette [[out of print) but is now available on "The 70's Anthology". This is also a brighter mono mix than the released version and it uses Jean's original released vocal.

There's another unreleased mono single mix still in the vaults that punches back and forth between Jean's two vocals.

My personal opinion is that every unreleased mono single mix of this song was better than what they put out.

ExGuyParis
07-20-2012, 12:06 AM
The versions I have:

Greatest Hits And Rare Classics - 2:35 [[mono)
Diana Ross & The Supremes Anthology 1986 -2:38 [[stereo) - strong sitar
This Is The Story - 2:39 [[stereo)
Right On - 2:40 [[stereo)
The Supremes Pink & Fuzzy Box Set - 2:40 [[stereo) - sitar jacked up
Anthology: The Best Of Diana Ross & The Supremes - 2:42 - [[mono) - substantially different - much heavier bass & percussion; sitar so quiet is seems to be missing!
70's Anthology - 2:44 [[mono) - back-up vocals very prominent