25 Glenrothes Rothes Hall
26 Glasgow Pavilion Theatre
27 Bolton Albert Halls

theboyfromxtown
07-03-2012, 06:42 AM
Is there a website for this Soulwally?

soulwally
07-03-2012, 06:49 AM
No, John. I was emailed it by a PR contact. All it contained were those dates, a Street/Tempts bio that will be familiar to you, and these two final pars:

For over 22 years as a member of The Temptations Richard performed hundreds of shows and along with other members past and present, they visited over 40 countries worldwide. A lot of worthwhile experience gained from living in the music business has given him the opportunity to reflect on his unique career in his upcoming book "Ball of Confusion", in which Richard chronicles his years with the group. Richard also continues to perform in his own show that includes the legendary music of the Temptations along with other classic hit songs that document the golden years.

Now, with all but one of the original members of the original Temptations having passed on, Richard presents the music of The Temptations in its original 5 man group format with a group lineup consisting of Lawrence Jones [[originally from Detroit now resident in Las Vegas), together with current Detroit native Eddie Watkins, Larry Johnson and Bob Henley 111. Presenting all of The Temptations best-loved hits, Richard and his group are a “must see” musical journey in time … the way it used to be!

theboyfromxtown
07-03-2012, 07:02 AM
Soulwally

I am pleasantly surprised that Richard has so many UK dates. I just wish the same could happen for another Motown act Can you pass on my details to your PR contact!!

Richard has been promoting that book for a long time......I will certainly be buying a copy.

soulwally
07-03-2012, 07:24 AM
I doubt she will be able to make a Velvelettes tour happen! There's an interview on offer with him, but I'm afraid if I did it with him I'd get bogged down in Motown miniutae, not something the general provincial newspaper reader would be interested in, and also that sort of conversation would be so difficult over the phone. However, if I could sit him down... would he tell all about the split from Otis, take us behind the scenes at Quality Control, or tell who sings lead on the Spinners' I Want My Baby Back from the new CD?

juicefree20
07-03-2012, 08:05 AM
Soulwally,

Glad to her that Richard's doing his thing, it should be an excellent tour.

By the way, would that be Larry Johnson who sang with Jack's Funk Brothers? If so, that's another talented performer, very engaging & a great addition to Richard's group.

jobeterob
07-03-2012, 11:03 AM
Are any of these dates with the Sounds of the Supremes?

soulwally
07-03-2012, 12:01 PM
Nothing on the release to suggest this, jobeterob.