PDA

View Full Version : NEW UK 2fer CD -- Motown Floorshakers

test

jsmith
07-03-2012, 02:36 AM
Out very very soon, this double CD package comes courtesy of [[the small but perfectly formed) Jo Wallace.
A fine treat that features all the top Motown acts plus the likes of Gino Parks, Hattie Littles, EVD, Frank Wilson, Tammi Terrell, Dalton Boys, Hearts of Stone, Odyssey, Reuben Howell & [[my dad) O C Smith.
If this doesn't get your feet dancing .... then nowt evawil !!!

... not only does it sound great ... but its on at a grand price too .... snap it up from Amazon ....
...... http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B0087PL6CQ/ref=cm_sw_r_fa_dp_ukk8pb1D8R91Z

mr_postman
07-03-2012, 11:54 AM
Some thinking behind that tracklist, that's for sure! Do any of "our" folks have something to do with this one? Paul Nixon? Jo Wallace? I couldn't detect any unreleased songs, unless there are alternate versions or alternate mixes featured - does anyone know?

I must say I'm tempted to buy it just because it's Motown UK putting out something that seems to have the regular [[Northern) Soul fan as target but features rare [[but highly qualified) songs, instead of the same-old-same-old.

soulwally
07-03-2012, 12:00 PM
There's another thread on this further down.

motownjo
07-10-2012, 03:35 PM
Some thinking behind that tracklist, that's for sure! Do any of "our" folks have something to do with this one? Paul Nixon? Jo Wallace? I couldn't detect any unreleased songs, unless there are alternate versions or alternate mixes featured - does anyone know?

I must say I'm tempted to buy it just because it's Motown UK putting out something that seems to have the regular [[Northern) Soul fan as target but features rare [[but highly qualified) songs, instead of the same-old-same-old.
Twas me, officer....I did put a large amount of thought into the selections - both familiar and less familiar....enjoyed every moment of it :)

snakepit
07-10-2012, 04:48 PM
Still waiting for "Rolling Down a Mountainside" Third Creation...........

motownjo
07-10-2012, 04:57 PM
Still waiting for "Rolling Down a Mountainside" Third Creation...........
Licks end of pencil and jots down in "Ideas for Vol 2....." x

jsmith
07-11-2012, 02:47 AM
A fine selection Jo .... 10 out of 10 for effort ..... keep up the good work.
Will expect the same effort from you with regards your next homework assignment.
........... the SOUL HEADMASTER

mr_postman
07-11-2012, 05:14 AM
Much appreciated, Jo! Just ordered a copy.

snakepit
07-11-2012, 06:39 AM
ME TOO....thanks for a good set

motownjo
07-11-2012, 11:33 AM
A fine selection Jo .... 10 out of 10 for effort ..... keep up the good work.
Will expect the same effort from you with regards your next homework assignment.
........... the SOUL HEADMASTER

Please Sir, I'm flagging a bit on the complex microbe stuff....

ivyfield
07-11-2012, 12:23 PM
Me too - VERY nice job!!!♥Stoned Love, Steve.

motownjo
07-14-2012, 05:22 PM
Steve - ta very much. Thanks for all the lovely comments, people :-)

Ian Dewhirst
07-14-2012, 05:37 PM
Rockin' sequencing Jo! I bet you had hours of fun putting that together - that would make beautiful DJ set too because it's balanced so nicely. If that hits the same market that "The Northern Soul Story" volumes did for Sony then it'll sell bucketloads. They need to get it into Asda as Northern audiences will lap that up especially at that price. Nice job babes.

Wanna do a swap for "Inspired! Blood, Soul, Sweat & Cheers" LOL.....

Ian D :D

motownjo
07-14-2012, 06:09 PM
Rockin' sequencing Jo! I bet you had hours of fun putting that together - that would make beautiful DJ set too because it's balanced so nicely. If that hits the same market that "The Northern Soul Story" volumes did for Sony then it'll sell bucketloads. They need to get it into Asda as Northern audiences will lap that up especially at that price. Nice job babes.

Wanna do a swap for "Inspired! Blood, Soul, Sweat & Cheers" LOL.....

Ian D :D

I had the best fun ever ever ever....and put a lot of thought into the running order. Well spotted - it is my fantasy dj set :-) Consider it a swop - I'll bring one over to yours - I'll be carrying a copy of the FT under my arm :-) xx

jsmith
07-15-2012, 07:37 AM
Miss Wallace, please note that work is not meant to be THE BEST FUN EVER, EVER, EVER .....
when you eventually leave the soul academy & enter the big wide world, such an attitude will get you nowhere !!!!
Detention for a week !!!

motownjo
07-16-2012, 06:24 PM
Miss Wallace, please note that work is not meant to be THE BEST FUN EVER, EVER, EVER .....
when you eventually leave the soul academy & enter the big wide world, such an attitude will get you nowhere !!!!
Detention for a week !!!
You just got yourself a soul squatter because I ain't never leaving the Soul Academy....so there x

Ian Dewhirst
07-17-2012, 03:41 PM
You just got yourself a soul squatter because I ain't never leaving the Soul Academy....so there x

Congratulations Ms Wallace. You just went Top 40 on the midweek - No.39 to be precise. Brilliant result. Well done lass!

Ian D

theboyfromxtown
07-17-2012, 03:55 PM
That's excellent news. Well done.

snakepit
07-17-2012, 06:25 PM
Good news....a powerful argument for another set. Perhaps "My Place" Devasting Affair , the aforementioned Third Creation, some juicy Mowest items.
KTF JO!!

psychedelic jacques
07-18-2012, 04:37 AM
are the tracks mixed together [[i.e. does track 1 run into track 2, etc.) or separate?

Ian Dewhirst
07-18-2012, 05:05 AM
are the tracks mixed together [[i.e. does track 1 run into track 2, etc.) or separate?

Nah. Pointless mixing 60's 3 minute recordings in my view...

Ian D

motownjo
08-27-2012, 05:49 PM
Good news....a powerful argument for another set. Perhaps "My Place" Devasting Affair , the aforementioned Third Creation, some juicy Mowest items.
KTF JO!!
Licks end of pencil again...Devastating Affair....noted :-)

motownjo
08-27-2012, 05:51 PM

All seperate - I only do mixes with house tracks....x