PDA

View Full Version : It Always Rains On Sunday" the new stage play by Scherrie Payne, coming in September

test

thelastsupreme
06-27-2012, 12:41 PM
DON B WELCH PRESENTS...... 'It Always Rains On Sunday" [[ the new stage play by Scherrie Payne) Opens at The Stage 52 Playhouse Friday Sept. 14th..8pm. Sat Sept. 15th 8pm and Sun Sept. 16th 6pm. All Seats $25.. Tickets Go On Sale: Monday July 9th at 10:am and can ONLY be obtained by purchasing them from Inglewood Tickets.. 310 671 6400 GROUP DISCOUNTS are only for grps of 20 or more [[$5 dollar discount) Call 818 487 5715.. Only use this # for group sales, not single seats or general questions...

ralpht
06-27-2012, 12:43 PM
Best of luck with the play, Scherrie. I'll stick this thread at the top.

Roberta75
06-27-2012, 12:52 PM
DON B WELCH PRESENTS...... 'It Always Rains On Sunday" [[ the new stage play by Scherrie Payne) Opens at The Stage 52 Playhouse Friday Sept. 14th..8pm. Sat Sept. 15th 8pm and Sun Sept. 16th 6pm. All Seats $25.. Tickets Go On Sale: Monday July 9th at 10:am and can ONLY be obtained by purchasing them from Inglewood Tickets.. 310 671 6400 GROUP DISCOUNTS are only for grps of 20 or more [[$5 dollar discount) Call 818 487 5715.. Only use this # for group sales, not single seats or general questions...

Thank you for sharing this wonderful news Ms. Greene. For those who live in Southern California, The Stage 52 is a lovely theater on Washington Blvd between La Brea and Fairfax.

Thank you again Ms. Greene.

Yours, with every good wish.

Roberta

REDHOT
06-27-2012, 06:42 PM
Thanks Susaye,as The Jackson 5 sing they're hit song,I'll Be There lol.
Please stay positive

juicefree20
07-02-2012, 06:33 PM
I've never had the opportunity to meet Scherrie. But as with all of the wonderful ladies, I mean the REAL ladies & not those posing as fascimilies thereof, I wish Scherrie nothing less than the greatest of success!

ivyfield
07-13-2012, 05:36 AM
Fortunately I'm there [[recording the vocals for Supremely Yours II) so I'm going to at least 2 performances. Scherrie is soooo excited, bless her, and all her friends are too!

blueskies
07-13-2012, 07:42 PM
Fortunately I'm there [[recording the vocals for Supremely Yours II) so I'm going to at least 2 performances. Scherrie is soooo excited, bless her, and all her friends are too!

Can you share a little of "Supremely Yours II"? Is this the current FLOS? When will it be released and where can we purchase it? Thanks

marv2
07-13-2012, 09:40 PM
I have met Scherrie several times. I love Scherrie Payne and wish her the best of luck with this new show.

simplysupreme
08-02-2012, 04:59 PM
Flyer for play

simplysupreme
08-02-2012, 05:02 PM
Flyer for play

ivyfield
08-04-2012, 12:34 PM
blueskies, I'm happy to report SUPREMELY YOURS II is a totally new CD with all vocals by Scherrie, Lynda & Joyce. The ladies are really excited about the project, 13 of the 15 tracks are now ready for vocals and I'll be finishing up the last two tracks in the next 3 weeks ready for my departure to LaLa land at the end of this month. It'll contain [[like Supremely Yours 1) a mix of solo leads, duets and triple leads along with a lovely duet with a male 'old Motowner' - just like I did on 'Private Number with Edwin Starr and Lynda on SY1. Hopefully it won't be too long before we release a couple of 'teaser' tracks before Christmas. We're hoping to have the finished CD out before the end of 2012 but it's all down to getting enough studio time for all the post production work. Regards, Steve.

blueskies
09-06-2012, 11:19 AM
blueskies, I'm happy to report SUPREMELY YOURS II is a totally new CD with all vocals by Scherrie, Lynda & Joyce. The ladies are really excited about the project, 13 of the 15 tracks are now ready for vocals and I'll be finishing up the last two tracks in the next 3 weeks ready for my departure to LaLa land at the end of this month. It'll contain [[like Supremely Yours 1) a mix of solo leads, duets and triple leads along with a lovely duet with a male 'old Motowner' - just like I did on 'Private Number with Edwin Starr and Lynda on SY1. Hopefully it won't be too long before we release a couple of 'teaser' tracks before Christmas. We're hoping to have the finished CD out before the end of 2012 but it's all down to getting enough studio time for all the post production work. Regards, Steve.

Thanks for the info. Sounds exciting. Something to look forward to. Where can this be purchased?

tamlaUK
09-09-2012, 11:08 AM
I hope someone is able to review this show!

luke
09-16-2012, 10:08 PM
I just read all performances have sold out!

johnny_raven
09-16-2012, 10:25 PM
I don't do reviews very well, but if there is a chance that the show will come back, I urge everyone to see it! I went to last night's show with a friend. All 3 nights were SOLD OUT!
It's fantastic, funny, warm and deadly serious all rolled into one. It definitely has hit potential. I'm not just saying this because I adore Scherrie Payne. I'm not. Quite frankly, I didn't know what to expect ... Small theatre, small stage, 99 seat capacity ... I can't believe I'm going to be sitting here for the next few hours, probably bored out of my mind. Boy, was I wrong! That's all I can say without overdoing it. I am not going to write a plot summary because I don't want to give anything away, just in case you do get a chance to see it in the future. The final performance begins in less than an hour from now.

After last night's show.

ivyfield
10-01-2012, 07:32 PM
I went to the first and last night. Couldn't make the Saturday show because I was recording vocals. Scherrie is a VERY talented lady and her voice is as powerful and spot-on as ever which you'll all hear proof of soon... ♥S.x GREAT PLAY!!!

ivyfield
10-01-2012, 07:35 PM
Thanks for the info. Sounds exciting. Something to look forward to. Where can this be purchased? Either from iTunes or direct from ScherriePayneandLyndaLaurence.com
♥S.x