PDA

View Full Version : MJ's shrine room to Diana Ross????

test

David J
06-26-2012, 04:35 AM
I am not sure how many of you were aware that Michael Jackson infact did have a whole shrine room dedicated to Diana Ross [[eye witness from the Pepsi officials that visited Michael's ranch) and according to a MJ BOARD/ FORUM, it said this photo was printed in one of the Jacksons book some time ago, that this was the shrine room MJ dedicated to Diana, not sure whether this was in fact the actual room or not but YES Michael did have a Diana Ross shrine room.

"Michael asked if we would like a tour of the house. Bubbles went back in his cage while the rest of us began the tour with the room next to Michael’s bedroom – the Diana Ross shrine. With a convex ceiling and white brick walls, the room looked like a wine cellar. Every square inch was covered with photos of Diana Ross from her earliest years with the Supremes to recent years. On shelves, tables and the floor were hundred of candles that Michael kept burning 24/7 to “honor his friend.” We were speechless.

Pepsi Official, An Evening with Michael Jackson."

Whatever the case might be, If that's not a shrine I don't know what is. That is so completely amazing. :D

http://i630.photobucket.com/albums/uu25/1980sMJLover/room.png

jobeterob
06-26-2012, 11:05 AM
This can't have been a sign of good mental health.

Penny
06-26-2012, 11:16 AM
From some of the posts I have read here, by wild eyed fans, Diana Ross shrines may not be all that unusual.

Penny:o

R. Mark Desjardins
06-26-2012, 11:30 AM
I have been researching the life and times of Mae West for a biography I am hoping to self publish in the near future. Over the course of many years I have met many of her fans who have trusted me enough to show me their collections. From my experience, the concept of "a shrine" displaying one's objects of desire, is much more common than you would think. At first I must admit I was taken aback at what I witnessed, but after mulling it over, sports and music fans are just as, to put a positive spin on it, "eccentric." Perhaps one judges the subject matter of a devotee's interests or devotion to be "more acceptable" if the object of adulation is "mainstream."

David J
06-26-2012, 11:47 AM
From some of the posts I have read here, by wild eyed fans, Diana Ross shrines may not be all that unusual.

I have got a few framed photos of Diana on my living room wall but as much as I love her, I don't think I would go to the extent of having an actual shrine room dedicated just to her but I have come across fans over the years who has got some sort of shrine rooms.

As they say, everyone to their own and MJ has always has this obsession, adoration and fascination about Diana.
And the burning of hundreds of candle 24/7 a day, what was that all about???? I would be SPEECHLESS as well.

midnight johnny
06-26-2012, 12:24 PM

Penny....THAT is PRICELESS!
Thank you!
John

jobeterob
06-26-2012, 01:38 PM
I wonder if he burned incense too!

captainjames
06-26-2012, 01:48 PM
I say if it made him happy then so be it. I keep most of my pictures of Motown stars in a photo album.

jillfoster
06-26-2012, 01:58 PM
Hundreds of candles burning 24/7? Anything he would have in that room would be ruined and covered in candle smoke residue.

Glenpwood
06-26-2012, 02:01 PM
It might disturb me if Michael took one of those candles out of the candelabra, lighted it, then dripped the wax all over his bosom in a weird Mahogany tribute every night but just a room filled with photos seems pretty tame to me...