PDA

View Full Version : Aretha Would Like To Be Judge on X-Factor

test

milven
06-19-2012, 08:25 AM
Tuesday 19th June 2012 by Grace Carroll
Aretha Franklin reveals interest in X Factor judging role

Soul legend doesn't understand why she hasn't already been invited to join the show

Aretha Franklin says she should be chosen to be an X Factor TV judge.

The Queen of Soul talked about the talent shows and said: “I would love to be a judge on one of those shows.”

She went on to say that she is surprised that more iconic stars aren’t chosen.

The 70-year-old singer said in an interview with The Chicago Sun Times:” I don’t understand why singers like myself, Gladys [Knight], Natalie [Cole] and Patti [LaBelle] can’t be judges. We never get a call. I don’t understand it.

“I watch those shows from time to time. Some of the talent is very good. Some of it is fun. And some of it is really wild.”

Aretha is currently performing and preparing for a concert in Chicago on June 30.

jobeterob
06-19-2012, 11:31 AM
Truly, Aretha probably does know why she and those other ladies aren't being asked; it is for the same reason that they have had to release CDs either on their own or with obscure labels. Aretha really is just lamenting that this is the case; she's right because it's all based on prejudice really.

The one word answer is "Age". And with that goes a certain look ~ generally a weightier look which is not what they want on TV.

But Gladys recently made it back to network TV.

The one additional reason some of them aren't asked is that at least two of them do not have reputations for being very easy to get along with ~ and Aretha would top that list. That doesn't advance the case for getting them on these shows.

reese
06-19-2012, 12:23 PM
I recall Aretha mentioning something very similar to this months ago. At times, I wonder if she really means these things, or if it is just a way of keeping her name out there. She has also said that she would like to be a mentor on AMERICAN IDOL, but the schedules didn't work. I'm sure if she really expressed strong interest, they would love to have her.

smark21
06-19-2012, 08:14 PM
I’m sure another reason why she hasn’t been considered is her long held aversion to flying.

TheMotownManiac
06-25-2012, 08:03 PM
Notice she left out Diana Ross - who has been asked by both American Idol and X Factor but turned them down as it's too much of a time commitment. She was offered major money to launch X Factor for 3 years but still declined. Gladys and Natalie need the work, Ree has some bucks.

smark21
06-25-2012, 08:08 PM
Notice she left out Diana Ross - who has been asked by both American Idol and X Factor but turned them down as it's too much of a time commitment. She was offered major money to launch X Factor for 3 years but still declined. Gladys and Natalie need the work, Ree has some bucks.

Really? I didn’t know that. Can you provide a source [[with a link) for this?