PDA

View Full Version : Question about mono 45s and mono LPs

test

rovereab
06-17-2012, 05:21 PM
I just wondered if there are any examples of where a 45 mono single is different to its mono LP counterpart? Anybody have any ideas please?

Thanks.

kenneth
06-17-2012, 06:38 PM
"The Hunter Gets Captured by the Game" is an obvious example. The Mono LP version had the additional verse, whereas the 45 single [[and the Stereo LP) did not.

bradburger
06-17-2012, 06:42 PM
Marvin's 'One More Heartache' is a different mix and uses an alternate vocal take on the mono L.P.

Also, I believe 'I'll Be Doggone', 'Take This Heart Of Mine', & 'Ain't That Pecuilar' are different mixes to the 45 versions.

You can find all of the above on 'The Master' box set.

The Isley's 'I Guess I'll Alway Love You' is a different mix [[minus the Andantes) on the mono version of the 'This Old Heart Of Mine L.P.

Cheers

Paul

Motown Eddie
06-19-2012, 10:19 AM
I just wondered if there are any examples of where a 45 mono single is different to its mono LP counterpart? Anybody have any ideas please?

Thanks.

Here's a good one; the single version of 'When The Lovelight Starts Shining Through His Eyes' by The Supremes is longer than the version on the mono edition of Where Did Our Love Go. The single version and the stereo version of the album repeats the final chorus and has a run time of 3:07; the version on the mono album doesn't repeat the chorus and runs 2:39.

tamla617
06-19-2012, 10:30 AM
edwin's war.uk tamla motown 7"different mono 7" mix from the gordy release and lp track

George Solomon
06-19-2012, 12:29 PM
Early singles by the Supremes, I Want A Guy and Buttered Popcorn varied from the versions used on the mono Meet The Supremes LP and [[The Man With The) Rock and Roll Banjo Band on the B-side of A Breath Taking Guy has a different vocal from the version on the mono Country Western and Pop album.

BayouMotownMan
06-19-2012, 04:22 PM
Three other instances:

1. A Place In The Sun-Stevie Wonder. The mono 45 mix is more ethereal and runs longer with Stevie doing a jazzy wail before the fade [[Woooo oooo ooooo). The mono lp mix is closer to the stereo mix.

2. [[We've Got) Honey Love-Martha Reeves & The Vandellas. The 45 mono mix is more explosive while the mono lp mix has a rather trick ending where someone did an extra footstomp before the fade. The 45 mix was done after the release of the lp obviously

3. I'm Gonna Hold On Long As I Can-Marvelettes. The mono lp mix was simply the stereo mix channeled to mono while the mono 45 mix has a slower fade and is more dynamic. Again, the 45 mix was obviously done after the lp release.

There are more instances, but these come directly to mind