PDA

View Full Version : Help Me Locate "Best of New York City" CD

test

woodward
06-16-2012, 09:39 AM
I am trying unsuccessfully to locate the following CD for my personal collection:
Best of New York City [[I'm Doing Fine Now) by New York City
Chelsea label

If anyone wants to sell to me, trade something, or can tell me any retail outlet that has it available, I would deeply appreciate your help. I can be emailed at explorereph@aol.com Thank you for any assistance you can give to me.

nathanj06
06-16-2012, 10:11 AM
I am trying unsuccessfully to locate the following CD for my personal collection:
Chelsea label

If anyone wants to sell to me, trade something, or can tell me any retail outlet that has it available, I would deeply appreciate your help. I can be emailed at explorereph@aol.com Thank you for any assistance you can give to me.

A few cd's on ebay reasonably priced. On amazon for $16.95. Sorry, just realized it's the original album on cd.

http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_sacat=0&_kw=new+york+city+i%27m+fine+now

nathanj06
06-16-2012, 10:17 AM
Chelsea label

Here is one new [[expensive) and two used of The Best Of New York City [[import).

http://www.amazon.com/Best-Of-Doin-Fine-Now/dp/tracks/B00002576C/ref=dp_tracks_all_1#disc_1

woodward
06-16-2012, 11:13 AM
Here is one new [[expensive) and two used of The Best Of New York City [[import).

http://www.amazon.com/Best-Of-Doin-Fine-Now/dp/tracks/B00002576C/ref=dp_tracks_all_1#disc_1

Thank you very much Nathanj06. I ordered the used copy for the lesser price of the two. I had been looking at Amazon.co.uk but the person who had one listed for L10.00 was the same individual I ordered this from about 6 months ago. He put through the charge and when I complained about non-receipt, he immediately gave me a credit. I think he is listing things that he does not have available, however, thanks to you, I have obtained a decent copy. My main interest in this CD is the Thom Bell involvement. From the reviews on Amazon.com, it is highly recommended. Thanks again.

Motown4Ever518
06-16-2012, 11:56 AM
While not Motown, I enjoyed New York City. In Philly, we thought I'm Doing Fine Now, was a Spinners -esque or reduced calorie Spinners song which worked. In I believe, in "A House On Fire", an excellent book about the Philly Music Scene 50's through 70's, I thought I read that Thom Bell was not in love with the vocal abilities of the group and got involved as a favor to his friend Wes Ferrell, the good news is that it gave his protgees an opportunity to hone their crafts. Until I read his book last year, I did not know that Mr. Nile Rodgers one half of the Chic Organization played guitar in the road band.

nathanj06
06-16-2012, 01:35 PM
Thank you very much Nathanj06. I ordered the used copy for the lesser price of the two. I had been looking at Amazon.co.uk but the person who had one listed for L10.00 was the same individual I ordered this from about 6 months ago. He put through the charge and when I complained about non-receipt, he immediately gave me a credit. I think he is listing things that he does not have available, however, thanks to you, I have obtained a decent copy. My main interest in this CD is the Thom Bell involvement. From the reviews on Amazon.com, it is highly recommended. Thanks again.

You are very welcome. People have helped me out in the past finding music so I know how it is. Plus the research is fun and I also learned a few things. This Best Of New York City appears to be the two albums they did on one cd. I'm glad you got the cheaper cd. After looking again I noticed the other used one for $259!!! Are they mad or what??? Someone sane always seems to come along and offer things within reason if you wait. I'm Doing Fine Now has always been on my list of favorites. Enjoy it!
By the way, ALWAYS check out who you're dealing with online which you obviously did. Read seller reviews or anything that is available to you about them. Scammers are everywhere...