PDA

View Full Version : Funk unity is upon us!!!

test

timmyfunk
06-16-2012, 06:32 AM
BOOTSY COLLINS AND THE FUNK UNITY BAND
BB KINGS BLUES CLUB NYC 6/13/12
KESWICK THEATRE GLENSIDE, PENNSYLVANIA-6/15/12

What do you say about a Funk elder statesman that brings liquid spirituality as well as supreme groovalegiance? WB and his Funk Unity band brought these combined energetic forces to audiences in NYC and Glenside, Pa. [[right outside of Philly). This go-round, they are mentoring a group of musicians from Cincinatti, Ohio. Undeniably, these young Funkers brought their A game 10 fold.
The classic “Body Slam” has been worked back into the set list, but lengthened to feature solos from all of the young instrumentalists. Vocalist Candi-Yams Cheatam has blossomed into one of the best Funk MC’s on the circuit today [[mack daddy guitarist Keith Cheatam as raised her well). Veterans Funkateers Bernie Worrell, Joel “Razor Sharp” Johnson and, Frankie Kash Waddy are still in the fold providing prime musical guidance.
Props time are in deep order: Thomas Sayers Ellis, John Gil, Jeff and Greg Barnes, Mike and Elizabeth, Rica, Norman, his sister and his niece, James and my road dog Mike Veal from NYC. Jhan Jones, David Brooks, Rich Panse, and Laurence White, from Philly. And a deep shout out goes to the Bootsy Collins, Peppermint Patti Collins, and the entire Funk Unity Band for raining some fresh Funk on the population. Ever Funkin on children!

splanky
06-16-2012, 01:15 PM
I couldn't make that show but I'm certainly glad you enjoyed it. Thank goodness for Bootsy and his dedication to passing
the funk along to future generations...Oh,yea and Candice growed up good, didn't she? She growed up real good:)...

timmyfunk
06-16-2012, 04:05 PM
I couldn't make that show but I'm certainly glad you enjoyed it. Thank goodness for Bootsy and his dedication to passing
the funk along to future generations...Oh,yea and Candice growed up good, didn't she? She growed up real good:)...

Don't get me started on Candi. Lawd have mercy.

tamla617
06-16-2012, 05:35 PM
how good would that be at bb king's such a small place they'd be right on top of you.

timmyfunk
06-16-2012, 10:14 PM
There are plans in the works to get Bootsy to play in Brooklyn. Film @ 11.