PDA

View Full Version : Ace / Motown

test

longtimefan
06-14-2012, 02:25 PM
Does anyone know if there are any pending [[or strongly rumored) Ace Motown related CDs on the horizon? Or by any other label sanctioned by Motown?

copley
06-14-2012, 06:15 PM
The next Ace Motown release is The Spinners 'Truly Yours' with bonus tracks. Due out on Mon 25 Jun. :)

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Truly-Yours-Their-First-Motown-Album/dp/B0081OAVEM/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1339711990&sr=8-1

keith_hughes
06-15-2012, 05:48 PM
And on schedule too, I hear!

booty
06-16-2012, 02:39 AM
Soulmusic.com is to issue Thelma Houston's Mowest album in October.

jboy88
06-17-2012, 02:24 PM
Not to get anyone hopes up [[again), but wasn't Thelma Houston supposed to be issued on Reel before they went belly up?

kenneth
06-17-2012, 02:51 PM
Not to get anyone hopes up [[again), but wasn't Thelma Houston supposed to be issued on Reel before they went belly up?

Speaking of Ms. Houston, I don't know who it was [[or what thread it was in), who recommended her 'Sunshower' [[or is it 'Sunflower?' sorry) album to me. It is a great piece and I'm so glad I got it. The Jimmy Webb influence is of course everywhere and there are similarities in some of the arrangements to the Supremes' Webb LP. It also has all her other material from that era as bonus tracks.

So "God Bless Whoever Sent You!"

A really comprehensive Anthology of her work would be a great set for Ace/Kent or Hip-o.

bradsupremes
06-17-2012, 03:40 PM
Speaking of Ms. Houston, I don't know who it was [[or what thread it was in), who recommended her 'Sunshower' [[or is it 'Sunflower?' sorry) album to me. It is a great piece and I'm so glad I got it. The Jimmy Webb influence is of course everywhere and there are similarities in some of the arrangements to the Supremes' Webb LP. It also has all her other material from that era as bonus tracks.

Thelma Houston's "Sunshower" album is one of my all-time favorite albums. In my top 3 I would say. It exceeds where the Supremes' Webb album fails.

copley
06-17-2012, 03:54 PM

Yes indeed but the good news from Motown Treasures is that David Nathan has picked this one up.

http://launch.groups.yahoo.com/group/motowntreasures/message/40698