PDA

View Full Version : Andantes cite sessions they sany on in Motown book.

test

franjoy56
06-10-2012, 11:51 PM
Andantes cite songs they sang on:

Someone bought me Motown from the background, and they claim an amazing list of songsthey sang on either the three of them or at least one of them were on the records with or without the group members the songs mentioned were in part:Take me in your arms Kim Weston4 tops.Bernadette [[Louvain Demps high part)Standing in the Shadows of LoveSeven Rooms of Goom Supremes Run, Run, Run, You Can't Hurry Love [[Marlene Barrow)I Hear A Symphony [[Louvain Demps high part)Love Child [[Louvain hits the high note) and other post Ballard singles. Supremes Christmas Album most tracks.Marvelettes. Don't Mess Wih Bill, Hunter Gets Capturedseveral other Wanda leads, No Gladys tracks named.Martha & The Vandellas "Quicksand" and other late Vandellas trackswith and without the Vandellas in the late 60'sNeedle in a Haystack, Baby I need your Lovin, Mickey's MonkeyIts Growing, and Ask The Lonely, My Guy, You Do Something to me [[Mary Wells)Marvin Gaye. I heard it through the Grapevine. Ain't that Peculiar.They claimed Flo's funeral was the most astonishing event ever witnessed as told byLouvain. and how much she was loved. They also claimed to be behind the curtain onsome of the tv shows the groups [[not named performed on)what is so astonishing "Stop In the Name of Love" has not been mentioned. although i am not quitefinished yet, but it would have been mentioned earlier. I guess the Andantes do deserve creditfor the work they did, but they have complained that no one cared or acknowledged their workwhich is why the book was written, and Berry refused to give them a recording contract. They claimed singing on Diana's "Ain't no mountain HIgh" with Ashford and Simpson, and some other early Ross solo tracks, as well as singing on "River Deep Mt. High" with the Magnificent 7 and it should have been called the Mag 10.and some Supremes & Tempts tracks. Their last project was Marvin Gaye's "whats goin' on" and the 70's Supremes LP perhaps "Floy JOy" with their name on the back cover as well as the first Terrell led album. They also claimed that the girl groups were not nice to them especially invading their territory which the Andantes could not understand since they were just sweeteening the songs and doing their job. They ceased sweetening the tracks for Motown in January of 73.I covered all the Supremes songs that were mentioned i may have missed other groups, they did not do any of Gladys Knight and the Pips tracks however, no mention of the J5 either.