PDA

View Full Version : Reel Music

test

pj1
06-07-2012, 09:18 PM
It seems that http://www.myreelmusic.com/ has been taken over by someone who is retaining the name but changing the slant.

soulster
06-07-2012, 10:33 PM
I think you followed a wrong link, but there are several companies with the name "Reel Music". However, I also cannot find the one that was issuing CD reissues of R&B music.

This is, unfortunately, the nature of the indie reissue record biz here in the U.S.. Something gets going for two, three good years, and if it is unprofitable, they fold, or a new owner comes in and decides to go a different direction. Rhino was the last independent U.S. record label that truly cared about R&B, and they were swallowed up by The Warner Group.

copley
06-08-2012, 04:59 AM
As Soulster said it's the wrong link. The Reel Music site has now gone :[[

pj1
06-08-2012, 10:05 PM
I don't really think that's the case. The link that I posted was the one I'd saved to my favorites. It always led to Reel Music [[when it was in business), then to the interim Domain name available site. Now the link leads to this [[3rd) site.

soulster
06-08-2012, 10:27 PM
Well, I think it's safe to say Reel Music, as we knew it, is gone. I can't find it.

copley
06-09-2012, 05:44 AM
PJ1, trust me. 'Our' Reel Music has gone - forever :[[

This was the link I had bookmarked.

http://www.myreelmusic.com/home.html

144man
06-09-2012, 07:06 AM
That's sad. How are we going to free Blinky now?

copley
06-09-2012, 03:20 PM
I don't know. Am still trying my hardest to get people interested but it's not easy :[[

pj1
06-09-2012, 04:15 PM
Thanks, but I never indicated anywhere that I thought that Reel Music [[as we once knew it) was still in business . The link that I had saved brought me to one site; the link that another had saved merely showed a different result. Perhaps I should have asked if others had come to the site I did whenever I clicked on the saved link.

soulster
06-10-2012, 02:14 AM
Thanks, but I never indicated anywhere that I thought that Reel Music [[as we once knew it) was still in business . The link that I had saved brought me to one site; the link that another had saved merely showed a different result. Perhaps I should have asked if others had come to the site I did whenever I clicked on the saved link.

Well, I also checked my link and others, and came up with the same conclusion. It's sad. What's even sadder is that Reel Music's CDs had good sound quality, unlike bbr/Cherry red, which hypes the sound. Wounded Bird was a bit better in the sound department, but not anymore.