PDA

View Full Version : Any 60s/70s Doctor Who fans out there?

test

nomis
09-13-2010, 02:21 AM
I dont watch the new ones but Im a big fan of 60s/70s Who..cant decide who I like better - Hartnell or Pertwee.? both command te screen and are brilliant portrayls Troughton and Baker were good also..stopped watching when Davidson took the role..

Doug-Morgan
09-13-2010, 07:00 AM
Tom Baker, by far. I remember a lot of discussion by the faithful at Cons when Davidson took over.

144man
09-13-2010, 06:17 PM
I watched Doctor Who from the very first episode. Out of Hartnell and Pertwee, I preferred Pertwee, but Tom Baker was my favorite. I think the new series and Torchwood are excellent.

nomis
09-13-2010, 07:16 PM
Baker was good in the begining with Hinchcliffe s producer..but by the end of his time the scripts had really fallen apart and he became over-the-top,Which is his persona in real life..144man your lucky to have seen it from day one..i cant fathom how they destroyed so many of the early episodes..Fans owe Ian Levine a big thanks for stepping in and halting the destruction in 77....

Doug-Morgan
09-13-2010, 08:39 PM
I don't know what it is about the British, but they seem to do a so much better job of TV. "Hitchhikers Guide", "Red Dwarf", and "Star Cops" [[early episodes) are absolute joys and well respected by fandom.....

nomis
09-13-2010, 09:02 PM
I would sell my soul to see Daleks Master Plan episode #12 "The Destruction Of Time"...thank god the soundtrack survives at least...

davie gordon2
09-14-2010, 06:36 AM
I also remember seeing the first episode - cavemen, b-o-o-oring - glad I persevered though. Although they're pretty clunky by today's standards I like the William Hartnell episodes.
Tom Baker I found to be irritating - for most of the others I have mixed opinions. I was more interested in the plots than who was portraying the good Doctor.

Nomis, you're missing out if you don't watch the David Tennant episodes - he's my favourite of them all, and not just because he's Scottish.

Not Dr. Who related but this site is well worth a look if you're interested in old radio SF programmes - "X Minus One" and "Dimension X" had some excellent episodes.

http://www.oldtimeradiodownloads.com/sci-fi/Dimension-X/index.php