PDA

View Full Version : Commodores live question

test

wichmanne
06-07-2012, 07:28 AM
Hi,

I'm thinking of going to see the Commodores at the Indigo O2 at the end of this month. It's a good venue and I've never seen these guys live before.

My questions are: has anyone seen this group recently live? How do they handle the Richie ballads? Do they "get the funk on" with Brick House and Machine Gun?

Any responses appreciated.

Ed

mellow_q
06-07-2012, 09:20 AM
I saw the Commodores in 1999 out at some yacht club in Long Island. they ran through all of their hit songs, and really had me on my feet during "Machine Gun." Walter "Clyde" Orange sang lead on "Brick House," so Richie's absence won't be a problem. They handled Richie's ballads quite well, and, quite frankly, he wasn't missed.

However, keep in mind, this was 13 years ago. They still command top $ to see them, so I guess they still put on a good show.

tamla617
06-07-2012, 01:38 PM
I saw the Commodores in 1999 out at some yacht club in Long Island. they ran through all of their hit songs, and really had me on my feet during "Machine Gun." Walter "Clyde" Orange sang lead on "Brick House," so Richie's absence won't be a problem. They handled Richie's ballads quite well, and, quite frankly, he wasn't missed.

However, keep in mind, this was 13 years ago. They still command top $ to see them, so I guess they still put on a good show.

what yacht club was that?

dickiemint
06-07-2012, 06:27 PM
They headlined the Motown 50 tour, 2009, with Mary Wilson, Martha Reeves, the Miracles and JR Walkers' All Stars, I saw the show in NIA Birmingham, and I thought they were very good, they had a full light show and stage set which they kept for themselves, which really took away from the 1st half of the show, they did over an hour, all of the hits vocals shared between Walter Orange and the ex lead singer from Heatwave JB or JD something I cant remember his surname sorry. I thought there was going to be a Richie Commodores reunion this year ?

mellow_q
06-08-2012, 09:52 AM
Can't remember, but it was in Long Beach. The radio station Jammin' Oldies 105 was there that Friday night.