PDA

View Full Version : Digital Music Rights

test

nabob
09-12-2010, 11:24 AM
Can somebody bring me up to speed on Digital Music Rights and what is technologically feasible once music has been purchased with regard to what one might want to do with the music. I sprung for my first digital download with the Smokey Robinson stripped mixes only because a CD is not available. Attempts to make a CD for the car with two processing software packages yielded distorted output almost as bad a 40-year old 45RPM. The next step is to just capture the stream from the computer audio card as it is played. Thanks for explanations.

nomis
09-13-2010, 02:29 AM
good topic nabob - i would love to know how royalties work now,especially You Tube -are they paying whoever holds the soundtrack and images for displaying what is essentially copyrighted work ? Or is everyone getting off scott free? would love to know how it all works if You Tube is not paying royalties to artists and copyright holders then its mass ignorance on a global scale...We take You Tube for granted now,Its part of our lives I know there has been a major lockdown in tv's biggest libraries to stop alot of footage getting onto You Tube...On digital streaming and making a copy my understanding is that your allowed to makeone cd copy of tracks you own..but that might have changed by now..I wish i knew more about all this..