PDA

View Full Version : Exclusive Interview With Kenny Gamble by Ralph Tee

test

Ian Dewhirst
05-24-2012, 12:25 PM
To bolster this week's release of "Philadelphia International: The 40th Anniversary Box Set", here is an exclusive interview with Kenny Gamble with Ralph Tee, compiler of the box set. Enjoy!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PH2lnRspq0M&feature=youtu.be

Ian D :D

MIKEW-UK
05-24-2012, 03:46 PM
Great interview - essential viewing!!! Stephanie Mills tracks on Phil Intl in the can!!!!

Ian Dewhirst
05-24-2012, 04:55 PM
Great interview - essential viewing!!! Stephanie Mills tracks on Phil Intl in the can!!!!

Yep! And the rest LOL. We're getting closer to getting to 'em........

Ian D ;)

theboyfromxtown
05-24-2012, 05:38 PM
Enjoyed the interview. Have to say I'm rather proud that it took the UK to make it happen.

no_place_like_motown
05-27-2012, 09:42 AM
Thanks for sharing this great interview w/ Kenny Gamble.

I'm also excited about the possibility of those Stephanie Mills tracks finally making it out of the vaults. I remember reading an interview with Stephanie, circa 1976, where she mentions that she was gonna begin working on her 2nd album for Motown with Norman Harris producing. I hope we can get more of those unreleased Jermaine Jackson Philly tracks as well. I loved "Good For The Gander".

nysister
05-27-2012, 11:34 AM
Ian, thanks for sharing this great interview. By the way, Jerry Butler's name came up, I have to ask again, if anyone knows if the Spice of Life album will ever be remastered?

manny
05-27-2012, 02:05 PM
As I have said many times, my english is very poor for understand an interview [[I only understand in "acceptable" way reading... :-[[). Many thanks to those people who explains some contents of the interview. Interesting the unissued tracks by Stephanie Mills... I remember here in SDF when a thread was created about a Dennis Edwards unissued album on PIR that G & H declined to publish because that same year, 1977, was launched Teddy P. as solo act with his great first self titled album. Also on the web I have read about PIR unissued stuff by Ron Tyson, Love Committee, Johnny Williams, Silk, Anthony White, Manhattans and possibly [[can be a fake??) also by Darlene Love, Mary Wells and Raquel Welch.

In addition, we have seen here grace to our enormous friend and person Mr. Weldon [[RIP) some picks with unissued tapes from outside productions recorded at Sigma Sound [[Sharon Paige, Philipe Wynne solo, Spinners,...). And searching info on regular producers, arrangers, songwriters biographies we can see how many interesting music was done by those cats on the 70's [[from BB King to Fania All-Stars passing trough The Four Tops) great and diverse music that in many cases, sadly, is not reissue on CD or simply never saw the light [[as one Margie Joseph album produced by Dexter Wansel!).

Cheers to all.