PDA

View Full Version : Supremes & Harry Belefonte

test

milven
05-22-2012, 12:35 AM
All the Supremes fans are probably already familiar with this picture, but it is the first time that I saw it while browsing the net for something else. It is Harry Belafonte visiting The Supremes, Diana Ross, Florence Ballard and Mary Wilson, backstage at the Greek Theater in Los Angeles in August 1965.

jobeterob
05-22-2012, 01:50 AM
I think there is an interview around where Harry called Diana the most important black artist of her day.

Roger Polhill
05-22-2012, 05:49 PM
I have a note about a Diana Ross or Supremes recording with Harry Belefonte but I can`t recall from whence it came.

franjoy56
05-22-2012, 05:57 PM
i think Harry has his eye on Diana, and or Flo, and boy was he a handsome man.

johnjeb
05-22-2012, 06:44 PM
i think Harry has his eye on Diana, and or Flo, and boy was he a handsome man.

Well, Diana is looking sideways at Flo, while Flo and Harry seem to be eyeing each other! Flo looks radiant. That's one of the best pictures I've seen of Harry. Mary looks great, also. Diana has a strange look on her face and all those polka dots probably made Harry cross-eyed.

marv2
05-23-2012, 12:05 AM
He is eyeing Flo, just as Jesse Jackson is eyeing Mary here:

marv2
05-23-2012, 12:10 AM
....and here, some 40 years later, hehehehehehe:

lakedistrictlad1
05-23-2012, 07:17 AM
All the Supremes fans are probably already familiar with this picture, but it is the first time that I saw it while browsing the net for something else. It is Harry Belafonte visiting The Supremes, Diana Ross, Florence Ballard and Mary Wilson, backstage at the Greek Theater in Los Angeles in August 1965.

Never seen this picture. Thanks for posting. Seeing Diana in this picture reminds me of the time I met her personally and how shocked I was by how small and doll-like she is. It's hard to believe ALL that incredible energy comes out of such a small frame. Nice to see Flo looking so happy.