PDA

View Full Version : Martin- vs - Living Single

test

KevLo
09-12-2010, 10:17 AM
Hi this is Kev-Lo

Alright let's do this again. Martin -vs- Living Single

First of all both Martin and Living Single were the last two best shows on Television. However I give Martin the edge because he was funny.

rta5225
09-12-2010, 11:38 AM
Wow! I just posted about Martin. I didn't see this thread. I LOVE Living Single. I still watch the reruns. I really don't care for Martin. There's to much screaming on it for me. There's also something about Gina's character on Martin that bugs me but I can't put my finger on it. Also what is this Mar-IN? I do like the Shenene character though. I think she's [[Martin's female character) a hoot. Living Single is great though. I love all the characters. I love the way Max and Kyle spar verbally with one another which showed the strong attraction they had for one another. Synclaire is absolutely adorable with her naiveté and her relationship with Obie was so sweet. Queen Latifah's character and Régine were great too. I loved the way Régine was so snooty but grew up just one step away from relief her self. The whole show and cast are the bomb. The entire show is great to me from the the beginning with that jammin' music and they way they dance til the end with the woman on the windmill. On that note, isn't that Synclaire on that windmill? It sure looks and sounds like her!

mellow_q
09-12-2010, 02:31 PM
I'm only now getting into "Martin" through the re-runs. I never really watched it during its initial run. Nevertheless, the episode where he "fought" Thomas Hearns was downright hilarious.
Re. "Living Single," I only watched it occasionally because of Kim Fields.

Marc Taylor

paladin
09-12-2010, 05:00 PM
I liked both shows, but the edge here would go to Living Single. I watched Martin for some time out of loyalty to his father who I've known for over 30 years. The similarities between the shows would have to be the strong supporting cast members, when they were on there was nothing better.

nysister
09-13-2010, 11:10 AM
Living Single.....It's a girl thing!

ladyvanaye
09-13-2010, 08:16 PM
I liked Living Single, but I LOVED Martin. :)

nevertoolate
09-13-2010, 10:16 PM
I liked Living Single better..Martin had some funny lines but that was the beginning of the crude neo minstrel type shows..

marv2
09-15-2010, 12:48 AM
This is a toughie, but I'm going to go with "Martin". It was hilarious and Martin Lawrence is a creative genious in my opinion.