PDA

View Full Version : The Sapphires: Girl Group Movie at Cannes

test

jobeterob
05-20-2012, 01:42 AM
Cannes: 'The Sapphires' Gets a Huge Standing O, Diana Ross May Attend Tomorrow's Screening
0 comments, 0 called-out + Comment now

Harvey Weinstein bought “The Sapphires,” a film in competition here, out of his love for music. “The Sapphires” were a real girl group from Australia–Aborigines who went to Vietnam and played for the US troops. Last night’s premiere at the Palais got a 10 minute standing ovation. Harvey was extremely enthused when I saw him later at the Vanity Fair party at the Hotel du Cap. Now there’s a rumor that Diana Ross may be a surprise guest Sunday night at a private screening of the film. Sean “Diddy” Combs is hosting the after party. As I wrote the other day, “The Sapphires” is going to be Harvey’s sleeper move from Cannes. Get ready.

http://www.forbes.com/sites/rogerfriedman/2012/05/19/cannes-the-sapphires-gets-a-huge-standing-o-diana-ross-may-attend-tomorrows-screening/

scanspeak
05-27-2013, 03:38 AM
Blu-ray is now available. I've already watched several times. Great performances, a very uplifting movie. Search for "Sapphires" on Youtube to see the trailer.

reese
05-28-2013, 10:33 AM
I went to see it about a month ago, and loved it. In fact, I went back to see it twice more.

rrussi
05-28-2013, 12:30 PM
I wish they used a different name as the Saphires were a group in Philadelphia on the
Swan label.

splanky
06-01-2013, 12:30 PM
I'm with Randy on this one. Finding out it had nothing to do the Philly soul group after
seeing the title in a New York Times was a big let down for me but then, how many people
today even care about Philly Soul except for a few members off this way under the radar
forum?....To each........