PDA

View Full Version : What would be your 'fantasy' Temptations line-up?

test

ivyfield
05-15-2012, 02:50 PM
Forgive me if someone has suggested this before me. I've only been a subscriber to this site for a few months. I hope this will become as interesting as I expect it to be. We all have our favourite Tempts for various reasons. I'll start the ball rolling with the line-up I'd loved to have seen/heard...

Ollie Woodson • Eddie Kendricks • Melvin Franklin • Theo Peoples • Dennis Edwards.

I know there'll be disagreements but remember - it's a fantasy lineup and there's plenty of guys to consider. I always liked David Ruffin, but when I heard and then saw Ollie perform with the group - he just blew me away. I LOVED his voice as much as I still love Jean Terrell's and on that note, my next 'fantasy' lineup will be the Super-Duper Supremes.

Have some fun with this - no bitchin' PLEASE!

honest man
05-15-2012, 02:59 PM
Dennis, David, Paul,Eddie,Melvin 1 sub Kell Osbourne, cheers.

Ngroove
05-15-2012, 03:24 PM
The eighties lineup of Otis, Melvin, Richard, Ron, and Ali-Ollie is fine & dandy enough for me.

Sorry poster, but has to have atleast Otis Williams, as he formed the group, stabilized it this long, and can't have the real Temptations without him.

honest man
05-15-2012, 03:29 PM
Hello Even Sillier poster i will pick whom i want it is Fantasy you know,so exclude Otis from my lineup. thank you.

tamla617
05-15-2012, 03:30 PM
dennis,eddie,otis,melvin and paul.......1st sub richard [[street)

hows that Ngroove?!

ivyfield
05-15-2012, 03:32 PM
The eighties lineup of Otis, Melvin, Richard, Ron, and Ali-Ollie is fine & dandy enough for me.

Sorry poster, but has to have atleast Otis Williams, as he formed the group, stabilized it this long, and can't have the real Temptations without him.
Nah... It's a fantasy lineup! I'd be very hard-pressed to even recognize Otis's voice against the rest of all the talent that passed through the legendary group. Just sayin...

Ngroove
05-15-2012, 03:45 PM
dennis,eddie,otis,melvin and paul.......1st sub richard [[street)

hows that Ngroove?!

Not bad.

My apologies for getting carried away a bit people, Otis may be the solid rock in reality, but yeah; I guess performance-wise to our ears, other than the chorus, he was mostly just spoken parts in various songs.

honest man
05-15-2012, 03:47 PM
Ngroove apologies to you, i thought you said silly poster realised my mistake apologies sir,

Ngroove
05-15-2012, 04:22 PM
Ngroove apologies to you, i thought you said silly poster realised my mistake apologies sir,

Not a problem at all - my eyes often plays optical tricks on me all the time - something on how certain words are spelled out or something -whilst surfing around, myself - before refocusing when taking a moment on the finer print - could happen to anyone and everyone, at any time.

paladin
05-15-2012, 05:05 PM
The Temptations created their own fantasy line up's anyway......so I'll post the ones that I liked excluding the Classic 5 & The near Classic with Dennis replacing David.

1.Dennis, Richard, Otis, Damon, Melvin
2.Ali Woodson, Theo, Ray Davis, Otis, Ron Tyson
3.Barrington, Otis, Ron, Terry Weeks, Harry Mc.

Now that I think on it The Reunion line up was the B all and end all.........

Joe Herndon is great, I didn't really care for GC Cameron's tenure, nor am I a big fan of Bruce, but the Still Here Lp is grand.

theboyfromxtown
05-16-2012, 02:27 AM
I have just been reading the book on Beans Bowles which was completed by his son Dennis. For Paul Wiilliams fans, it's a must read - admittedly sad but fascinating reading.

Any fantasy line up of the Temps for me, would have to include Paul, Eddie, Dennis and Melvin.

arrr&bee
05-23-2012, 11:53 AM
I've lived the fantasy..translation i've seen the classic temps in thier prime,i've seen the temps reunion[great show]..i've seen the best group of temps since the classic five[dennis-glen-richard-otis-melvin]..nuff said-temptations forever!!

robb_k
05-23-2012, 10:34 PM
The original lineup with Elbie Bryant replaced by David Ruffin, and Richard Street coming with the other Distants to Motown. Otis Melvin Richard Paul Eddie David Richard, paul, Eddie and David share leads.

Ryon6
05-23-2012, 11:44 PM
For me, my fantasy lineup would be: Eddie Kendricks, Dennis Edwards, David Ruffin, Melvin Franklin & Paul Williams.

jsmith
05-24-2012, 03:13 AM
I would keep the 1966 line-up just substituting Jimmy Ricks for Otis Williams [[& its MY fantasy line-up so I assumed everyone else quit Otis's group & went off to form their own group).

robb_k
05-24-2012, 05:36 AM
I would keep the 1966 line-up just substituting Jimmy Ricks for Otis Williams [[& its MY fantasy line-up so I assumed everyone else quit Otis's group & went off to form their own group).
You would alternate bass voices, Jimmy Ricks and Melvin Franklin?