PDA

View Full Version : Sharon soul

test

bigrod62563
05-13-2012, 02:55 PM
Hello all,this is greg in PA. I have noticed some threads here in the past about northern soul singer sharon soul[[aka sharon seiger,susan phillips). Well, i happened to have spoken to her personally over the phone yesterday completely by accident. i was calling someone in regard to an ad that was placed and it just so happened to be her. a thrill for me as i have never spoken to anyone who recorded this type of music back in the day. all i will say is that she is doing fine living somewhere in PA. don`t wan`t to say more in case she doesn`t want to be bothered too much..lol. she was wonderful to talk to,very nice. telling me stories about her starting out in country and then deciding to do some r and b. she talked about her recordings and who she worked with,record labels,and so on. she also stated that her mom also recorded as far back as the 30s. i don`t recall her mom`s name but it was country and she recorded with a backing group. i would love to meet sharon soul some day,see her records,maybe interview her;although i know nothing about being an interviewrer,,lol.. one other thing if anyone can help....she is trying to locate her and her mom`s old records. i know she has been buying some i believe from overseas sellers. i can get a list of specific records she is looking for and post again. anyone here have any of her records or know of anyone who has them for sale and details? i think she is not too internet savvy as she didn`t know her records were had on ebay or much about ebay to be honest with you. she used to have a website but it`s not up anymore. i tried to encourage her to get back in the game,record,gig,etc. and to search the internet and email key dealers,collectors,etc. and look on forums to get help in locating the records she wants. what are your thoughts about her and her recordings? take care......greg

MIKEW-UK
05-14-2012, 03:02 PM
Are these of any interest to you?

http://soulfuldetroit.com/archives/3838/3219.html?1052023933

http://www.earlyhendrix.com/knight-interviews/62-curtis-knight-a-the-squires-sharon-soul

mark speck
05-14-2012, 09:30 PM
I had the more common of her Coral 45's, "You Found My Weak Spot", and have a beat copy of her Wild Deuce single "How Can I Get to You?"...of course, I LOVE "His Love Is Amazing", but haven't come within pissing distance of a copy. I still have hope...

Best,

Mark