PDA

View Full Version : Margie Joseph

test

Ryon6
05-12-2012, 11:56 PM
Margie is one of my very favorite female vocalists. I often listen to her music and when I hear a song she recorded that was previously recorded by Diana Ross [['Discover Me'), I ask myself if she would've been a great replacement for Ms Ross. What do you think? I think she would have been perfect. Her rendition of 'Stop! In The Name Of Love' is very very good. I love it. The spoken monologue is absolutely stunning and with Isaac Hayes singing in the background, it makes the recording that much better. Do you think that Mary, Cindy and Berry would've welcomed her with open arms? Let's talk!! ;)

Tyrone

kenneth
05-13-2012, 01:05 AM
Margie Joseph is a great, very underrated vocalist. Her rendition of "Stop!" is my all time favorite Motown song by a other-than-Motown artist.

I don't see her with a "group" sound though. Not to say she couldn't have done it, and been great, but she seems to me to have a more idiosyncratic sound. Maybe a looser delivery that I don't see melding into the Sups.

But a great singer, nonetheless!

daviddesper
05-13-2012, 11:46 PM
I think instead of discussing what might have been with Margie, we should encourage and motivate her in terms of what could STILL be. She released that gospel CD a few years ago which shows the desire to record and perform is still there, so let's see a comeback, although preferably in the R and B genre. Look what has happened with Bettye LaVette, so it could work for Margie and maybe some others as well.

jack020
05-14-2012, 05:16 AM
Collector's Choice released most of her albums on cd in 2008. The best for me is the Margie album which is already going up in price!