PDA

View Full Version : Lifetime picks up Houston family reality show

test

jobeterob
05-12-2012, 04:02 PM
Lifetime picks up Houston family reality show
If you've wondered how Whitney Houston's loved ones are coping with her recent death, Lifetime's going to show you: The network's picked up 10, hour-long episodes of a docu-series following members of Houston's family.

Tentatively called "The Houston Family Chronicles," the show will feature Whitney's daughter, Bobbi Kristina; the late entertainer's mother Cissy; her brother Gary and his wife Pat Houston, who was also Whitney's manager; and the couple's teen daughter, Rayah.

According to a statement from Lifetime, "The Houston Family Chronicles" will follow "Pat and her husband ... as they take on their greatest challenge, supporting and guiding Bobbi Kristina as she faces the world alone, without the one person she relied on the most, her mother."

Pat Houston added in the statement that she's been working to develop a project "over the past few years" that would be "suitable for me and my family."

Whitney Houston's unexpected death in February, she said, "certainly affects the direction of the show. However, it is my hope that others will be enlightened as they watch our family heal and move forward.”

From the network's description, it sounds like one primary storyline will focus on Bobbi Kristina's recuperation after such a heartbreaking loss, with Pat Houston assisting her in finding her way. The statement says Pat will tap CeCe Winans and Dionne Warwick to help her guide Bobbi Kristina as she moves forward with life.

Lifetime's executive vice president of programming, Rob Sharenow, said that in "The Houston Family Chronicles," "multi‐generations of the Houston family will bravely reveal their lives as they bond together to heal, love, and grow.”

The series is expected to debut on Lifetime sometime this year.

carlo
05-12-2012, 04:07 PM
I'm not really sure how I feel about this. I guess they gotta do what they gotta do...

imnokid
05-13-2012, 11:38 AM
ooh-I just got skeeved.

smark21
05-13-2012, 01:00 PM
Tacky and trashy.

jobeterob
05-14-2012, 01:38 AM
It does probably get them some money quickly..........and maybe they need it.

marv2
05-14-2012, 02:59 AM
It does probably get them some money quickly..........and maybe they need it.

I don't know why they need it. Whitney died a multi millionaire and all the millions being generated at this moment will be more than enough to pay off any old debts.

carlo
05-14-2012, 11:06 AM
Many here know how big of a fan I am of Whitney. I used to be under the assumption that Whitney had a lot of money, even when she passed on. However, now that all of these different stories and projects are coming out, it's making me think otherwise. Before she passed, there were rumours that she was broke. The fact that she did a tour in 2010 when she clearly wasn't ready to do one shows that perhaps she needed the money. She likely didn't make any money from the release of "I Look To You", since that was part of the record deal she signed in 2001 where she received the $100 million advance. I also remember several years ago she was selling her home in New Jersey and auctioning off different items including wardrobe, memorabilia and musical equipment. The estate only took in a little over a million dollars generated from music sales in the first month after she passed. I was actually surprised to hear that because you would think a legend like Whitney would have sold more after she passed on. Michael Jackson's estate made a ton more money after he passed. Now her mother is writing a book and the family is doing a reality show. I don't think Whitney's financial situation or their own financial situation is as stable as one would expect, which is unfortunate. If there is any money, apparently it's being held in a trust for Bobbi Kristina, which was established by Whitney years ago. It's being paid out to her in increments and it doesn't initiate until she's 21. They may need some immediate cash, which is why they're taking on these different projects. Hopefully I'm wrong, but no one in this world works because they don't want money.

juicefree20
05-14-2012, 09:38 PM
I really can't say whether this is a good idea because they say that everyone grieves in their own way.

Personally, I'd prefer to grieve in private but we live in a vouyeuristic society & I guess that this has become the new "norm". I just hope that it will be dignified & not the rest of the reality shows where even guys who bid on storage bins feel the need to engage in some contrived melodrama.

Then again, I don't believe that Cissy would have it any other way than dignified, so maybe this will be far different from the rest of these type of shows.

marv2
05-15-2012, 12:32 PM
Many here know how big of a fan I am of Whitney. I used to be under the assumption that Whitney had a lot of money, even when she passed on. However, now that all of these different stories and projects are coming out, it's making me think otherwise. Before she passed, there were rumours that she was broke. The fact that she did a tour in 2010 when she clearly wasn't ready to do one shows that perhaps she needed the money. She likely didn't make any money from the release of "I Look To You", since that was part of the record deal she signed in 2001 where she received the $100 million advance. I also remember several years ago she was selling her home in New Jersey and auctioning off different items including wardrobe, memorabilia and musical equipment. The estate only took in a little over a million dollars generated from music sales in the first month after she passed. I was actually surprised to hear that because you would think a legend like Whitney would have sold more after she passed on. Michael Jackson's estate made a ton more money after he passed. Now her mother is writing a book and the family is doing a reality show. I don't think Whitney's financial situation or their own financial situation is as stable as one would expect, which is unfortunate. If there is any money, apparently it's being held in a trust for Bobbi Kristina, which was established by Whitney years ago. It's being paid out to her in increments and it doesn't initiate until she's 21. They may need some immediate cash, which is why they're taking on these different projects. Hopefully I'm wrong, but no one in this world works because they don't want money.

Carlo, she was not broke [[see the thread with Cissy Houston's first interview since Whitney's passing). Her mother flat out stated [[in Church I might add!) that Whitney was not broke and that was just another one of those rumors floating out there. I also read somewhere that she left somewhere in the area of $20 million to her daughter, Bobbi Kristina.