PDA

View Full Version : Valerie Simpson's SF Show.

test

caliluv
05-12-2012, 02:41 AM
Tonight I went to see Valerie Simpson at the Razz Room in SF. All I can say is - she is simply incredible! She said that her and Nick were previously scheduled to perform this date and due to circumstances, the owner of the club talked her into doing the date anyway. Valerie is an extraordinary talent and I'm glad to have to chance to see her up close. The show was a tribute to her late husband, Nick Ashford and at some points in the show it got a little emotional but then she took us to another level. Both of her daughters were there - one singing and the other flew in for the show. The surprise for me was, she has a new project out in which she did a couple of songs from that she said was finished and they put it on the shelf. . she went back to it and has a couple of duets, one with Nina Simone and one with Roberta Flack. I tell you she let us have it!! LOL. She also has a website http://valeriesimpson.net which is very nice. God Bless You Valerie!!

marv2
05-12-2012, 11:41 AM
Tonight I went to see Valerie Simpson at the Razz Room in SF. All I can say is - she is simply incredible! She said that her and Nick were previously scheduled to perform this date and due to circumstances, the owner of the club talked her into doing the date anyway. Valerie is an extraordinary talent and I'm glad to have to chance to see her up close. The show was a tribute to her late husband, Nick Ashford and at some points in the show it got a little emotional but then she took us to another level. Both of her daughters were there - one singing and the other flew in for the show. The surprise for me was, she has a new project out in which she did a couple of songs from that she said was finished and they put it on the shelf. . she went back to it and has a couple of duets, one with Nina Simone and one with Roberta Flack. I tell you she let us have it!! LOL. She also has a website http://valeriesimpson.net which is very nice. God Bless You Valerie!!

This is so good to hear! I am proud of Valerie for standing up strong and continually bringing her talent forth to us. Thanks for this story.

carlo
05-12-2012, 11:58 AM
Thank you for your review and for the link to her website!

R. Mark Desjardins
05-12-2012, 09:09 PM
It must have been very difficult for Valerie Simpson to perform this S.F. gig solo without her beloved life partner, Nick
Ashford. Life is often cruel, but for those who pick themselves up after suffering a terrific blow, life somehow has a way of opening new doors of opportunity. May Valerie harness her pain into messages of hope and joy.