PDA

View Full Version : Bobby Brown to release first solo album in 15 years

test

jobeterob
05-10-2012, 06:30 PM
Bobby Brown to release first solo album in 15 years

Whitney Houston's ex husband Bobby Brown will release first solo album in 15 years in June

May 10, 2012

Troubled former R&B star Bobby Brown will release his first album in 15 years this summer.

Billboard reports the member of revived 1980s boy band New Edition and ex-husband of late superstar Whitney Houston will release The Masterpiece this June. The album will be launched with the perhaps tackily titled lead single 'Don't Let Me Die' in the spring.

In a statement, Brown says he hopes his new work will continue his musical legacy.

"I simply wanted to create a body of work that will take listeners on a musical journey; the style of music that will allow people to get in touch with their highs and lows and their joys and pain of living through song," Brown says. "At the same time, I am hoping to bridge the gap between good old R&B and R&B of today."

Last year Brown released two singles – 'Damaged' and 'Get Out The Way' – as he began work prepping the new album.

To promote the new disc, the 43-year-old singer is set to make a number of media appearances, including guest spots on Ellen, The Tonight Show and The Wendy Williams Show.

Brown, who was married to Houston from 1992 to 2007 is reportedly set to finally marry longtime fiancee Alicia Etheridge. Celebrity gossip site TMZ reports the pair will finally make things official later this year in Hawaii while he's on tour with the recently reunited New Edition

The Masterpiece lands on store shelves June 5.

Jerry Oz
05-10-2012, 06:42 PM
Bobby needs to realize that with Teddy Riley, and L.A. Reid & Babyface producing one of the best records of the '80s, his voice was optional on that album. No disrespect intended, but in my personal opinion, he could re-release it as "Bobby Brown's Greatest Hits" without adding to or removing any songs.