PDA

View Full Version : New eddie levert solo album 'i still have it'

test

MIKEW-UK
05-10-2012, 03:42 AM
Eddie's new album just released, and new O'Jays material being worked on. Article and video of new release at:

http://singersroom.com/content/2012-05-09/Eddie-Levert-on-RB-Lyrics-Not-Every-Girl-is-a-Freak/

and a nice tribute to Gerald Levert in HD LIVE - Eddie does indeed still have it

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=45qrkFPEQVM&feature=channel&list=UL

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/05/07/eddie-levert-solo-debut-i-still-have-it-kanye-west_n_1497848.html

Excerpt - very modest of Eddie, but he's the legend here!

I really wanted to work with a lot of the hip-hop artists. I really would love to work with R. Kelly, I really would love to work with Kanye West, I would love to work with Jay-Z, I would love doing things with these people. But until I can prove to them that I am worthy of being in their presence and that I can be an asset to what they're doing also, and I think that I was really looking at this album to be the one to prove them that I am still an valuable artist.

jaybs
05-10-2012, 04:28 AM
There is no way that Eddie loses that Talent he has been given with his amazing vocal, but when I downloaded tracks when first first released just over a week ago I ended up only going for five! [[something I do more of these days) I do feel at times he misses that Philly sound?

splanky
05-10-2012, 11:15 AM
I love Eddie Levert and while I have enjoyed some of the things R Kelly has done with people like Ron Isley,I think it's
sad that some of our legends seem so desparate to stay relevant that they seek out guys like Kantye West and Lay-Z.
Or Peon Levine for that matter...These clowns are not worthy to be in Eddie's presence IMO...

jaybs
05-10-2012, 12:48 PM
I love Eddie Levert and while I have enjoyed some of the things R Kelly has done with people like Ron Isley,I think it's
sad that some of our legends seem so desparate to stay relevant that they seek out guys like Kantye West and Lay-Z.
Or Peon Levine for that matter...These clowns are not worthy to be in Eddie's presence IMO...

Fully agree with you, they are not going to appeal to young people and they alienate their core fans a little who have stayed with them and been loyal for so many years!

tsull1
05-10-2012, 09:13 PM
Listening to "Last Man Standing" right now, very nice.

Eddie shouldn't have to prove himself to anyone, especially those no-talent singers of today. I truly hope he doesn't record with them, he sounds great as it is and doesn't need to be dragged down to their level. If anything, those guys should be working themselves up to be 1/millionth as good as Eddie.

manny
05-11-2012, 11:10 AM
Eddie's voice, like the wine, is better and better with the years passing... But, IMHO, it's necessary good songs and productions like in the Imperial, Bell, Neptune and PIR years. The last album I purchased was "Heartbreaker" from around 1993 and deceived me a lot despite the fact contains great vocals. Until "Emotionally Yours" album, IMHO again, I found some tracks with the kind of deep feeling what was the usual case practically in every track from every 70's and 60's albums. I think in "Emotionally Yours" [[gospel version); "Closer" and "Love & trust". About to guesting "new artists", I likes also the track "Respect" from the same CD, with nice hip-hop vocals by a group called "Jaz".

Cheers to all [[and kisses to the ladies)

tallone
05-13-2012, 05:52 PM
Not only does Eddie still have it, he has never lost it, nor, will he ever lose it. And there is no way in the world that Eddie Levert has to prove that he is still valuable. He is a living legend, an Icon. Jay Z, R Kelly and all the rest should not run, but fly at the chance to work with and learn from a source that can still teach them so much about the business and life itself. Yes my brother, you still got it.