PDA

View Full Version : Marvin And Tammi -vs- Ashford and Simpson

test

KevLo
09-11-2010, 02:59 PM
Hi this is Kev-Lo

I know this can be a little boring But its all in fun and I just like to see you pick your favorites

For me Ashford and Simpson were great because not only did they sing, they also were great producers as well. But I will give the edge to Marvin And Tammi

arrr&bee
09-11-2010, 04:49 PM
Hey kev,i too give the nod to marvin an tammi because thier songs were better,now i'm an ashford an simpson fan of course but thier body of work doesn't compare to what marvin an tammi did in thier few years together!

positivesoul
09-11-2010, 05:54 PM
As long as it's established [[as it thus far seems to be) that this is in no way a put down of the great Ashford & Simpson phenom, then I'd say Marvin & Tammi are a classification all of their own... and I believe that's eternal.

luke
09-11-2010, 07:31 PM
There is something about Nick and Val's crescendo building harmonies that just gives me chills.

Doug-Morgan
09-11-2010, 09:47 PM
That's a tough call, but I'll give the nod to Marvin and Tammi. Probably the best duet to grace pop music.

captainjames
09-12-2010, 01:25 AM
Wow, tough call but lets see I am comparing "Ani't No Mountain High Enough", "Your Precious Love", "Your All I Need to Get By" and "Ani't Nothing Like the Real Thing" to "It Seems to Hang On", "Solid As A Rock", "Don't Cost You Nothing", "Found A Cure", and "Is it Still Good To You".

I will give the nod to Nick and Val

nomis
09-12-2010, 02:53 AM
its like comparing two exquisite vintage bottles of wine...

splanky
09-12-2010, 10:38 AM
To each it's reach....