PDA

View Full Version : The disco soul of jerry butler?

test

arrr&bee
09-11-2010, 01:34 PM
Does anyone know if the iceman got any play on his 1977 disco club gem[i love to see you dancing]from his motown album[it all comes out in my song]nice tune with a disco beat made for the club scene!

tomato tom
09-11-2010, 02:53 PM
I LOVE this track from his It All Comes Out In My Song album. I remember it got a lot of spins at my local club at the time. I seem to remember it became popular on the U.K. Rare Groove scene later too. Would love to see his Motown albums out again, plus the wonderful two with the wonderous Thelma Houston!!! mmm..Gonna have to dig thru my vinyl to dig out more of my Fav ICEMAN soulful tracks....Paulo XXX

GeeTee(HPK)
09-16-2010, 08:58 PM
"I Love to See You Dancing" is a great song,but there was a remake a few years ago was a little bit better than Jerry's version. [[I can't remember who covered it)
Also "I'm Thinking About Coolin' Out" is another great disco song by Jerry,from the Philadelphia International label.

paladin
09-16-2010, 11:25 PM
Not exactly disco but still a cool number from the IceMan and a personal favorite:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5bOX42G4qDU

soulmanjan
09-28-2010, 10:23 AM
The Iceman is certainly cool. I came by an acetate recently by him that NO one seems to know of or heard of. Even his manager [[who confirmed it was Jerry) had never heard of this recording made 'in studio' in Hollywood, CA - "It's A Parade" which is on an EMC 10" acetate with a 7" 45 cut in the middle.