PDA

View Full Version : http://www.dailysingle.com/Susaye-Greene-The-Supremes-Motown-artist-interview/

test

thelastsupreme
05-04-2012, 02:26 PM
Thanks to Dailysingle.com
Love to all and have a great weekend!
xox, S.

Roberta75
05-04-2012, 03:29 PM
Ms. Greene, I can't seem to open the link. Would you be so kind as to repost it. I'd love to read the interview.

Yours, with every good wish.

Roberta

marv2
05-04-2012, 03:36 PM
Here is the link:

http://www.dailysingle.com/Susaye-Greene-The-Supremes-Motown-artist-interview/

You are welcome Roberta.....

ralpht
05-04-2012, 04:35 PM
Susaye,
I'm going to stick this post to the top for a while, so more people can read it.

thelastsupreme
05-04-2012, 06:33 PM
Thanks for that Ralph! I appreciate you. xox And thanks to you Roberta, for being so gracious to me.
Thank you Marv for the link, too.

Peace, S.

midnight johnny
05-05-2012, 06:15 AM
Susaye...that cover shot is stunning! And the shot with Stevie is great! Thanks for sharing.

marv2
05-05-2012, 11:55 AM
Thanks for that Ralph! I appreciate you. xox And thanks to you Roberta, for being so gracious to me.

Peace, S.

Anytime Susaye. Have a great weekend!

Roberta75
05-05-2012, 03:16 PM

Peace, S.

:cool: It is I who should thank you Ms. Greene. I can't tell you how honored and thankful I am to be corresponding with a member of the world famous Supremes, and I think I can say for all members here how grateful we are that you take the time out of your busy schedule to share your memories with us.

Have a blessed weekend.

Fondly,

Roberta

milven
05-05-2012, 04:49 PM
Thanks for posting the link to the article here Susaye. I would have missed it. I love your all time favorite record. You have exquisite taste.

Thanks for being a member here and sticking with us , even when when some of us act a little foolish when it comes to the Supremes. You are a classy lady

Glenpwood
05-05-2012, 07:28 PM
Susaye,

Thank You for sharing this piece with us. You a truly an inspiration and remind me of how important it is to always have passion in your daily life and to embrace positivity. Thanks for the wonderful music and look forward to the new projects you share with us all to come!

Take Care
Glen

ejluther
05-06-2012, 09:10 AM
I hadn't thought of "A Summer Place" in years! What makes that your fave of all time?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tSsiS-v6_6M

franjoy56
05-06-2012, 09:55 PM
Susaye Greene is a free spirit always had that get up and go, and was the most innovative of all the Supremes, it showed on the "High Energy" track, and of course with her subsequent cd releases "No Fear Here" and "Brave New Shoes" songs that were ahead of its time. You go Susaye.

juicefree20
05-10-2012, 11:37 PM
Susaye,

Wonderful article & even more wonderful is your graciousness in visiting us. All that I can think to say is please come visit us in N.Y. soon!

And when you do, a few bars of "Until It's Time For You To Go" would be icing on the cake.

Until then, I guess I'l have to settle for this...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fdAw3Kix2Hs

splanky
05-12-2012, 10:20 AM
Susaye, You continue to inspire me....Happy Mother's Day in advance. You are so loved by so many:)....

REDHOT
05-31-2012, 06:12 AM
Love it SUSAYE
Please stay positive

stephanie
06-01-2012, 03:46 PM
Susaye is truly a Supreme who has found her own way, I call her the Free Spirit Supreme. One thing I have always liked about her is the creativity she has in her vocal performances. I can remember trying to hit her high notes in High Energy and sounding like a fool.

detmotownguy
06-02-2012, 08:04 AM
How many octaves is Ms Greene's range? High Energy is one of my favorites songs; I heard it on the radio and it sounded as good as anything else out there at the time.

jsmith
07-03-2012, 01:35 AM
Susaye,
.... what can you recall about the time you were co-writing songs with Leon Ware in the early 70's ??
I have the 45 by the Ballads that features 'your' song "I Wish I Knew". Did you ever record this yourself ?
The track was released on Venture Records [[LA) which had a strong Motown influence [[Mickey Stevenson, Clarence Paul, Leon Ware, etc all did work for the label). Was it a 'happy home' for the ex-Motown team there ?
Were you still involved in any way wit Ray Charles & Tangerine Records at that time ?
.......... so many questions !!!!

jsmith
07-03-2012, 02:09 AM
WOW, just checked out Susaye's writing credits on BMI ... & she has loads of songs registered there [[though "I Wish I Knew"" is listed on BMI just as "Wish I Knew").
Lots of songs written with the likes of Stevie Wonder [[no suprise there then), Deniece Williams & Harvey Fuqua.
Even the odd one with Vernon Burch, Kirk Franklin & the Isley's ..... heavy stuff.

noel181
09-11-2012, 08:39 PM
Susaye's photo appears on the back of the High Energy LP but she never recorded any of the tracks. All the tracks were all sung by Scherrie, Mary & Cindy. Better have another listen to this album.

carole cucumber
09-12-2012, 10:03 PM
In "The Supremes: Let Yourself Go: The 70's Final Albums, Vol. 2: 1974-1977 The Final Sessions" Mary Wilson states: "Susaye was an excellent vocalist. When she put her lead vocals 'High Energy' she just lifted that thing all the way up.'' Scherrie was also supportive. ''Susaye added the high parts to 'I'm Gonna Let My Heart Do The Walking'', she says, ''which gave another flavor to the song and made it really stand out.''