PDA

View Full Version : Motown's Alternate Artwork

test

booty
09-11-2010, 02:42 AM
I know this subject has been touched upon with the Thread of The Ruffin Brothers latest reissue, but I get the impression through that thread that there was other alternate artwork produced on other artists. Presumably this still exists somewhere. Okay, with my Ruffin Brother CD, I am now able to see the original artwork [[with the Motown logo), but what other albums had their original artwork shelved prior to release, and does anyone have any shots of these that they would post? I've heard in the past stories that a sleeve of an unreleased Contours album exists along with an original planned for the "Easy" album on Marvin & Tammi, but that's about all I know of!

nomis
09-11-2010, 03:19 AM
Ive read the Reflections LP originally contained photos of Flo on it..

big_mac
09-12-2010, 05:10 AM
I can confirm The Contours artwork for the unreleased album "It's So Hard Being A Loser", I did have a photocopy of it some years ago.

theboyfromxtown
09-18-2010, 06:36 PM
simon..u can see the alt reflections cover on a usa motown 45 sleeve;

big mac.....ytf put a picture of it in one of its editions.

booty....get someone to send you a copy of any article we did in YTF

big_mac
09-19-2010, 10:45 AM
It is with regret that I do not have / can't find the picture of the artwork, although I have looked for it on a number of occasions. I was given the photocopy some years ago along with a photocopy of the then unreleased Marvin album, "Live At The Copa". As this artwork was the real deal as evidenced on the Hip-o Select release, I can only assume the photocopy of the proposed Contours LP was also the real deal. Will post a copy of it should I come across it! I seem to recall a swirly "It's So Hard Being A Loser" title above [[possibly below) individual head/shoulder shots of the individual artists.

topdiva1
10-03-2010, 10:50 AM
Ive read the Reflections LP originally contained photos of Flo on it..

I have seen a photo of The Reflections album orginal cover - with Flo Ballard - some of the photos on the cover used had Flo in them they just cut her out. Wow!