PDA

View Full Version : Stevie Wonder's A Toot and A Snore in '74

test

RossHolloway
05-02-2012, 03:11 PM
I've been on a Stevie Wonder kick these past few days and read online that there is a bootleg album of a LA jam session. Has anyone here heard of this session or heard the bootleg album/tape?

chidrummer
05-02-2012, 09:00 PM
God, I'm full of useless information these days, Ross. A Toot and a Snore stems from the weekend jam sessions that used to be held at the LA Record Plant when it was still on Third St. The jam was also called the Jim Keltner Fan Club because Jim was the host.

The very famous, not so famous and almost famous used to show up at the studio for these jams and musicians played into the wee hours. The one you're looking for with Stevie Wonder also has John Lennon, Mick Jagger, Billy Preston [[I think) and several others on the set. Several songs were played and recorded. Jagger released one of the songs on one of his "best of" compilations. So that's out there somewhere.

There was also a vinyl bootleg that was available in the late 70's/early 80's and it may have been released as a boot CD as well, although I haven't seen it. You might want to check Wolfgang's Vault for it.

RossHolloway
05-02-2012, 09:44 PM
WOW Chidrummer! Your knowledge is better than any history teacher I ever had lol. Do you have any information on the type of music they recorded during this jam session? It sounds like one hell of a collection of musicians and singers.

chidrummer
05-02-2012, 10:06 PM
Russ, did some snooping around and wouldn't you know it? Of COURSE it's on YOUTUBE!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L4dQprvk5RY&feature=related

That link will get you started and remember...you asked for it.:o

The subject even has a decent wiki link:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/A_Toot_and_a_Snore_in_%2774

enjoy.

soulster
05-03-2012, 12:27 PM
The very famous, not so famous and almost famous used to show up at the studio for these jams and musicians played into the wee hours. The one you're looking for with Stevie Wonder also has John Lennon, Mick Jagger, Billy Preston [[I think) and several others on the set. Several songs were played and recorded. Jagger released one of the songs on one of his "best of" compilations. So that's out there somewhere.

In fact, it was also an infamous reunion of John Lennon and Paul McCartney playing together.