PDA

View Full Version : The old SOULFULDETROIT.COM heading is annoying

test

pshark
09-10-2010, 08:15 PM
Its useless and it slows things down. I know I can avoid this
by not clicking on the new heading, but sometimes I forget.
Often time the forum will appear blank even after refreshing
the page. Anybody else agrees?

Starguard4
09-10-2010, 09:42 PM
Not really.

At least the old SOULFULDETROIT.COM heading is not in some glaring white-out, that dazzles and can give me a headache if I stop too long, or worse, potential snow-blindness! So, let's not increase the amount of glare here, by removing the remnants of the darker paneling for now, if it can be avoided. Personally, I'd like to get the all-dark background back, with a white-out [[or greyish, or similar) print.

nomis
09-11-2010, 01:52 AM
it wouldnt be the same without it...

uptight
09-11-2010, 02:55 AM
We now have TWO SDF banners taking up real estate on the screen. That means a smaller window of forum discussion underneath. Two days ago, I noticed we had THREE banners! LOL. Redundant.

pshark
09-11-2010, 03:52 AM
^Here's the link without the old banner http://soulfuldetroit.com/forum.php
Just try not to click on the new banner, that's what cause the old banner to appear.
But the habit is hard to break. And the page won't scroll down or up only the old banner.
Keeping the old banner is like keeping a pet goldfish after it croaked.

uptight
09-11-2010, 05:06 AM
Oh, thanks, pshark. Every time I turned on my computer, SDF was always my home page and was the first thing I saw on the internet each day. I will change my home page to the new web address.

Now we must get "black background color" as an option, not just orange or red. White background is blinding, so I spend less time here.

Doug-Morgan
09-11-2010, 07:43 AM
I don't mind the old page. Besides, that's the access to the photo essays that were once a BIG part of SDF.

pshark
09-11-2010, 01:35 PM
I'm not talking about the old page, I'm talking about the
old banner above the new banner. Keep the link to old
forum but get rid of the old heading which is just taking
up space. And yes add more color options. Right now I'm
using the orange bkgrd but more options would be great.