PDA

View Full Version : 2012: The 50th Anniversary of the "Motortown Revue Tour"

test

marv2
04-29-2012, 04:24 PM
I was thinking after seeing the great photos of the Motown Legends [[Smokey Robinson, Mary Wilson, Duke Fakir, Martha Reeves, Gladys Knight.) at the DWTS Show that it would be very nice if they could all work out a tour to include Stevie and the Temptations, Velvelettes, Contours to mark the 50th Anniversary of the "Motortown Revue Tours". I'd pay to see that.

Ngroove
04-29-2012, 06:48 PM
I say, mix still-tip-top veterans Smokey Robinson, Stevie Wonder, with Temptations, maybe even Four Tops, with Erykah Badu, India Arie, and Kem.

The concept of the Motortown Revue, has always been to provide the greatest and latest Motown has to offer; the last time however I recall Motown consistently taking over the radio and BET, was of the early-mid 00s; Erykah's "Bag Lady", India's "Video" and "Brown Skin", Brian McKnight's "Love of My Life", Remy Shand's "Take A Message", Kem's "Love Calls" and "I Can't Stop Loving You", Temptations' "I'm Here", and Stevie's "So What's The Fuss" and "From the Bottom of My Heart". Good times, while urban radio was still great, and Motown was still Motown, before nowadays it's confusingly hard to sort who's Motown and who's Universal.

Maybe even, if they can, pull in the Jacksons; sure,THE Jackson won’t be there, but in spirit, but I’m sure people would still ‘Dance & Shout’ to the 2300 Jackson St lineup.

marv2
04-29-2012, 07:27 PM
Where in the heck is Remy Shand? I bought that "Take A Message" CD and now I cant find anything new on him.

Ngroove
04-29-2012, 07:42 PM
Nobody knows , but he sure smoked up those quiet storm evenings.

Hmmmm….thinking about Gladys Knight…who woulda known...after all these years, she’s still pretty darn ADORABLE!

Or what about Eldra DeBarge...long as he's still free, clean, and fully oriented to play?

marv2
04-29-2012, 09:35 PM
Nobody knows , but he sure smoked up those quiet storm evenings.

Hmmmm….thinking about Gladys Knight…who woulda known...after all these years, she’s still pretty darn ADORABLE!
Or what about Eldra DeBarge...long as he's still free, clean, and fully oriented to play?

I wholeheartedly agree about Gladys Knight. She is adorable and was looking rather sexy to me in some of her dance numbers, hehehgehehehe.

In regards to El DeBarge? That would be a NO! He is quickly developing a "non-reliable" reputation. I like El's music a lot and I understand his current situation, but I would not have him on a package tour at this time.