PDA

View Full Version : Randy Jackson Crowns the Biggest Diva of All...........

test

jobeterob
04-26-2012, 05:44 PM
‘Idol’ judge calls Seacrest a diva

By Melissa Hank

2012-04-25

Randy Jackson takes aim at the singing competition’s host

Not only does Ryan Seacrest have a high salary, but he’s also high-maintenance. So says Randy Jackson, the lone remaining original judge on American Idol of the Fox reality show’s host.

In an interview on Monday’s episode of CBS’s daytime chatfest The Talk, Jackson, who’s worked with Mariah Carey, Whitney Houston and Aretha Franklin, named Seacrest as the biggest diva he’s ever met.

To clarify, it’s not in the “only red M&Ms in my dressing room” or “please address me as Mr. Seacrest” kind of ways. Instead, Jackson says the 37-year-old’s grooming habits are snobbish, extensive and out of control.

“I equate this whole diva thing to like, how many beauty products do you have? How long does it take you to get ready?” he explained before outing his “dear friend” Seacrest.

“[[Former judge Simon Cowell) was close to him because they were using products that weren’t even on the market.”

Seacrest recently signed a deal to continue hosting American Idol for two more seasons, which is said to net him almost $15 million a year for his on-air duties. He has fronted the series since it debuted on June 11, 2002.

Aside from his Idol gig, Seacrest is an ever-present E! host, executive-produces Dick Clark’s New Year’s Rockin’ Eve With Ryan Seacrest, hosts the radio show On Air With Ryan Seacrest, and manages Ryan Seacrest Productions, which is responsible for Keeping Up With the Kardashians and its spinoffs, along with Melissa and Tye and Shahs of Sunset.

Seacrest angled in at No. 24 on Forbes’ Celebrity 100 list of most powerful celebrities. According to the publication, the University of Georgia dropout earned $61 million in the year leading up to May 2011. Cowell, meanwhile, was sitting pretty [[probably thanks to all those beauty products) at No. 9, earning $90 million.

In the footsteps of Oprah Winfrey, Seacrest told Forbes he’d like to own a television network someday.

American Idol airs Wednesdays at 8 p.m. ET on CTV/Fox and Thursdays at 8 p.m. ET on CTV Two/Fox.

ivyfield
04-26-2012, 05:52 PM
Lucky poof.

carlo
04-26-2012, 06:37 PM
Ryan Seacrest is a very hardworking individual. I once saw an interview where he said he was in the gym by 4 AM every morning and then would go to the station to host his radio show. Then of course he had his TV show [[not sure if he still has it?), plus he hosts American Idol and does other things on the side. Hopefully he's finding time to slow down, because I know Nick Cannon was the same way with his work ethic and now he's having health issues. There were doubts Ryan would host American Idol last night because he's been battling a terrible stomach bug and apparently he needed to be hooked up to an IV. He ended up pulling through and hosted the show last night, despite his health. The man certainly works hard.

jobeterob
04-26-2012, 07:03 PM
Sometimes.........when you are an "IT" person and the timing is right and you work hard.........you are the lottery winner.

Ryan is a good speaker, rational, good looking and when you have it all at a young age, sometimes you wanna be called "Mr. Seacrest".

Penny
04-26-2012, 08:45 PM
I find him very likable on television. He has worked hard or we wouldn't have gotten where he is.

He likes beauty products. I think I need to go ring his bell! AVON calling!!!!

Penny:cool:

144man
04-27-2012, 05:46 PM
Do you have the saying "To turn up like a bad Penny" in America"? :)

jobeterob
04-27-2012, 05:48 PM
But 144........Penny is always polite and Ryan is clearly an Avon man.