PDA

View Full Version : Gladys Knight says goodbye to 'DWTS' on 'Jimmy Kimmel'

test

marv2
04-25-2012, 03:47 PM
http://www.newsday.com/entertainment/tv/tv-zone-1.811968/gladys-knight-says-goodbye-to-dwts-on-jimmy-kimmel-1.3681277

Nice exit interview with Gladys Knight on "Jimmy Kimmel Live" and here's the top of it. Jimmy asks the obvious question: Was it fair to have a dance-off with someone half a century younger than she? [[She laughs, shrugs it off, says it's all good.) He also notes the irony of a vote-off in Motown week for a legendary Motown figure. . .she laughs. And, he accurately notes, she's one of the few stars that actually ever appeared on the show. Laughs again . . . But really, this is too bad. She was good, deserved a longer run, and in fact was far and away the biggest star of this season and of many seasons. And so it goes. . .

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qZHQSX5ZlXQ

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FpZiQQRjAmw

R. Mark Desjardins
04-25-2012, 03:49 PM
Gladys was, is, and continues to be a totally classy person, well worth seeing live in concert.

carlo
04-25-2012, 05:46 PM
Thank you for sharing!

marv2
04-25-2012, 05:53 PM
Gladys was, is, and continues to be a totally classy person, well worth seeing live in concert.

I am going to see her in concert soon here on Long Island! She has always put on a great show.

marv2
04-25-2012, 05:55 PM
Thank you for sharing!

Carlo you are very welcome. Have you had the opportunity to see Gladys in concert yet?

carlo
04-25-2012, 06:40 PM
Yes, I saw Gladys back in April 2010. She was awesome!

jobeterob
04-26-2012, 01:53 AM
Gladys look excellent and this got her quite a lot of publicity.

jack020
04-26-2012, 02:34 AM
Is Randy Jackson still producing an album for her?

So far there is only I Who Have Nothing:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wjg-98M3mzI

marv2
04-26-2012, 09:20 AM
Here's the truth from me! I only watch "DWTS" because Gladys Knight was on there. Gladys Knight was the only "star" that I recognized other than Steve "Urkiel". I first became aware of him when he played Glady's son on "Charlie and Company" with Flip Wilson! So now that Gladys is off the show, I am done watching.

carlo
04-26-2012, 09:57 AM
Is Randy Jackson still producing an album for her?

So far there is only I Who Have Nothing:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wjg-98M3mzI

The first single that was released was "Settle". I believe that track is also from her album produced by Randy.

reese
04-26-2012, 10:06 AM
I would hope that the album will be released soon, to capitalize on her current high profile.

From what I understand, she is signed to Randy's label. He probably has some productions on it. Leon Sylvers also mentioned recently that he has produced some things for Gladys. She has performed a couple of new songs in concert recently, and I assume they will be a part of the project. She performed one on a recent skating show, and the other [[a duet with BeBe Winans) during her Soul Train tribute.

randy_russi
04-26-2012, 10:12 AM
I saw her several times with the Pips and they were one hot performing act. I thought their routines were the best of
all the groups.

skooldem1
04-26-2012, 10:25 AM
Gladys is one of my favorites and she is really good in concert. My only complaints are that she talks way to much. I saw her once and her concert was a mix of music and motivational speaking. This was around the time she was married to that motivational speaker. The other thing is that the arrangement of some of her songs were to fast. Like back in the old Motown days when everything was speeded up. Other than that. The voice is magnificent and she knows how to work the stage.

reese
04-26-2012, 02:03 PM
Gladys is one of my favorites and she is really good in concert. My only complaints are that she talks way to much. I saw her once and her concert was a mix of music and motivational speaking. This was around the time she was married to that motivational speaker. The other thing is that the arrangement of some of her songs were to fast. Like back in the old Motown days when everything was speeded up. Other than that. The voice is magnificent and she knows how to work the stage.

I would agree about the talking. I attended one concert where practicially every song had a long story attached. When it was over, I was satisfied. But she probably could have performed a few more songs if she had cut out some of the stories.

milven
04-26-2012, 02:14 PM

Yes, she did talk too much back then and the music had to be speed-ed up so that the audience could get what they paid for. Thankfully, she does not do that anymore. She commands the stage, talks to the audience in moderation and has made Bubba a part of the act. During her current concert some venues will have her with Brian McKnight and that may mean that Bubba's part will probably be eliminated. But go see her if she is appearing near you during this current tour.

honest man
04-26-2012, 02:33 PM
You know one of my biggest regrets[if thats the right word],I was in Vegas a few years ago,staying at Ballys, Gladys was appearing next door at the Flamingo, the only night we had free and hoped to get to see her it was her night off,something that i've Regretted since, though i did get to see where the Frontier hotel stood,ha, cheers people

nysister
04-26-2012, 03:16 PM

Funny, as Nancy Wilson grew older, people would complain that she talked too much and could have sang more songs too...lol. But I didn't care, I love both of them!!!