PDA

View Full Version : Rare version of "Get It Together" [[The Jackson 5)

test

becane
04-24-2012, 09:47 AM
Does anyone have more informations about the rare version of "Get It Together" with Michael Jackson humming at the beginning of the song ? What is its duration ?

This version is on a rare promo 7" single. Does anyone have a photo of this vinyl ?

In 2007, on the old forum, dancing_fool said this :

- "I have like nine copies of that 45, including a mix that begins with Michael humming and I hear vocals and instruments not heard in the original version. This is rare indeed! "

- "The 45 with that special mix that I'm referring to is "Get it Together." I found it at an old record shop. I was only buying an additional 45 of GIT to add to my collection. When I got home and played it and heard Michael harmonizing at the beginning and an instrumental tag following before the main lyrics begin, I was shocked! I found a rare version of GIT not found anywhere else, not even on a CD compilation!"

Thank you :)

BayouMotownMan
04-24-2012, 01:13 PM
I have this version, the instrumental intro is longer and Michael chants "well, well well..." This was the initial commercial release and I have yet to find it. My original from 1973 is a bit scratchy, would love to find another.

becane
04-25-2012, 08:07 AM
Do you have a photo of the vinyl ?

becane
04-30-2012, 03:47 PM
Does anyone else have other informations ?